A problem about connecting ASA by ADO component of Delphi?

Is there anyone to try to use ADO component of Delphi to connect ASA?
I fail to do it.
I manipulate database by TDataSource,TADOQuery,TConnection components of
Delphi, and set up connection with ASA guide. When running the program, the
connection is set up successfully. But a EoleException is thrown once I
make a query using TADOQuery. System prompt "unknown error". Who knows what
happened? Is it a compatible problem between ASA driver(ASAProv) and ADO
component of Delphi? (All are ok when connecting ASA by BDE components).
0
LiLing

Is there anyone to try this??
0
LiLing

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

Problem on ASA with Delphi via ADO
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises an "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank Hi, mybe it's help: //Procedure tForm1.SaveBtnClick(Sender:TObject); // //var // fs : TFileStream; // bs : TBlobStream; // //Begin //with Table1...

Visual Studio C#, ADO.NET, ASA 10 connectivity problem
Visual Studio C# version 2.0.50727 ADO.NET, ASA 10 connectivity (iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere) version 10.0.0.2465 Trying to create a new data connection, I get the following error developing for Pocket PC 2003. Creating a datasource for a Windows application using C# was ok. "The new connection uses a data provider that is not supported." Thanks for any help. Bill Skelton ...

Problems in connecting to ASE 11.9.2 from win 98 using delphi 3
Hi to everyone, My name is Marko Zuzic. In my company we are trying set up a system with ASE 11.9.2 and Delphi 3. We did manage to connect to the database server through MS ODBC shipped with win98. Everything worked fine when the tables are below 50 record. When we put 70 records more in the tables we get a BDE engine error saying: "General SQL error" error code 13059. Does anyone have a clue how can we resolve this problem. I'm new to client/server technology. Every message I've red speaks about "client stuff" for win 98. We used SUSE 6.0 and ASE 11....

Problem to connect to ASA database with WLAN connection
Hi, I develop a pocketbuilder application on a Windows CE mobile. I want to connect the mobile directly to a ASA database on the network. When I try the connection, I have nothing... I wait... For the moment, the database is on my PC and ping to my PC works. Perhaps I have problem with memory or with the definition of my DSN File. DSN File: [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(HOST=194.124.250.130;port=2638) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Thanks for your help. Ang�lique How have you started the database engine on your PC? Did you use...

Problem using ASA 7.0 connecting to ASE 11.9.2 via ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

ASE connection problem
I've just installed ASE 11.9.2 on my Linux server (Redhat release 6.1, kernel version 2.2.5). The installation seems to have gone okay, but when I attempted to connect to it via isql (and also when I attempted to install the backup server and the Open Client), I get the following error: Msg 4002, Level 14, State 1: Line 1: Login failed. CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error: The attempt to connect to the server failed. Anybody know what this means? -- Paul S. Burry Chief Executive Officer, Serapeion Technologies Voice: +1-41...

ADO connection for ASA
I've got the following setup in the connection object Provider=ASAProv.80;Cache Authentication=True;Encrypt Password=False;Integrated Security="";Mask Password=False;Password=sql;Persist Encrypted=True;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=dba;Data Source=ASA 8.0 Sample;Impersonation Level=Identify;Protection Level=None;ASA Multiple Results=False However, this fails with Mode(SETTABLE) ... I get the same results with ASA 7.03 and ASA 8.0.1 Any idea on what is wrong with this connection object setup? Thanks Michael Gould -- __________________________________...

ADO Connection Problems
I am working on a product that has been 2 years in development. It is currently in production, but we recently added a new feature that required a new database connection to the main office database from satellite locations. Many of these locations use different internet providers to connect to our private network, and sometimes these connections are not very reliable. On top of that, our database server is now being hammered. We're experiencing 'parameter @someParam not found', and 'query timeout' errors. The first error happens more on low end machine...

ADO Connection problems
I am using C++ Builder 5 with ADO and SQL Anywhere 7.0.499 and Win 2K. I put a TADOCOnnection on my form and go to the ConnectionString property and hit Build connection. I select the Adaptive Server Anywhere Provider and input all my connection stuff, then hit Test connection. The connection is succesful. Then I go to my TADOConnection and hit connected = true, and I get an error of "Invalid Enum Value". Then I switch everything over to the ADO for ODBC Connections and hook up everything and test the connection and it returns successful. Then I go to set the Connected p...

connection problem with ASE
I am running ASE12 ebf 9503 on Windows 2000. I run some batch jobs locally on the same machine as the dataserver. The windows box is part of a local area network. Everything works fine unless the network is disconnected. With the box connected to the network I start the dataserver and connect to it using isql. If the box is disconnected from the network the current isql session is still working but I can not start any more sessions. I shutdown the dataserver and re-start it and everything is fine. Can anyone explain? Thanks. michael wrote: > > I am runnin...

General Connectivity Problem
Has anyone received the error "dbms xxx is not supported in your current installation" (put whatever your database is in the "xxx")? I seem to get this error quite frequently (both using Power Builder and apps created using PowerBuilder). I have gone through all of the more obvious possibilities (i.e.. correct 'vendor' statement in the PB.ini file, appropriate DLL's exist and are accessible to PB, etc) with no luck. The only similarity I can find among the machines receiving this error is that they are running OSR2. My development machine is using fa...

Web resources about - A problem about connecting ASA by ADO component of Delphi? - sybase.ase.general

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...