32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S

We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit.  We're
moving that
client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system.  Is there any advantage to
switching to the
64-bit Sybase client?

I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is
12.5 64-bit
running on a 64-bit O/S.

TIA

0
Richard

only if you client app needs the extra memory

"Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit.  We're
> moving that
> client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system.  Is there any advantage to
> switching to the
> 64-bit Sybase client?
>
> I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is
> 12.5 64-bit
> running on a 64-bit O/S.
>
> TIA

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

Building 64 bit Python against 32 bit ASE on 64-bit Linux
I've been using various version of SYBASE=/usr/local/packages/sybase* to no avail. They all are giving me errors lated to "libblk". any ideas? /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/packages/sybase_OLD/lib/libblk.a when searching for -lblk If possible could you CC mrogish at tigr dot org since I am using the Sybase.com forums reader and it is difficult to bookmark this thread. Thanks!!! -- Matt Rogish cronus:/local/src/Linux64/python/modules/sybase-0.37 # /usr/local/packages/python64-2.4.2/bin/python setup.py build running build running build_py c...

dump and load from 64-bit Solaris/32-bit ASE .. to .. AMD64/32-bit ASE
Will a cross-platform load be done by Sybase ASE if the dump was made from 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE and the load database is to be done on AMD64 / 32-bit ASE ?? What about from 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE .. to AMD64 / 64-bit ASE ?? On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:27:19 -0700, Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote: > > Will a cross-platform load be done by Sybase ASE if the dump was made from > 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE and the load database is to be done on AMD64 > / 32-bit ASE ?? > > What about from 64-bit Solaris9 / 32-bit ASE .. to AMD64 / 64-bit ASE ?? Yes, tha...

32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10
manuals.sybase.com does not mention anything about Solaris9/10. It only mentions about required patches for Solaris8. Does Sybase support 32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10 ( SPARCs of course )? Any specific OS patches required for Sol9/10 ? ...

ASE 64 bit AMD 64 Xeon 32 bit and Support
Got a question for the experts. We are looking at moving to Linux RH ES 3 or 4 for our production and backup databases. We have been running ASE on Linux as our development database for a couple of years with out any troubles. Currently ASE SBE on RHES 3. Question #1: I noticed ASE has a "released" status for AMD 64. What type of support does Sybase provide for released vs certified. I would not want our support contract to be useless if we run the 64 bit version. Question #2: Our backup server would be a 32 bit Xeon based machine. Any troubles/pitfalls doing ...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH ...

Difference on ASE-12 32-bit & 64-bit on IBM AIX SP-64 machine
Hello, I would like to get more information for ASE-12 upgrade on IBM AIX SP-64 machine. What is the different between ebf9311 (32-bit) and ebf9312 (64-bit) on ASE-12? Are they compatible for IBM SP-64 machine. If just install 32-bit version, what will be suffered than install 64-bit version? Elsa Elsa wrote: > I would like to get more information for ASE-12 upgrade on IBM AIX SP-64 > machine. What is the different between ebf9311 (32-bit) and ebf9312 (64-bit) > on ASE-12? The EBFs are related to the version. If you have ASE 12 (32 bit version), you n...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows... #2
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH Dan Hale wrote: > Does anyone k...

Performance advantage of ASE 64 Bit over ASE 32 Bit version
Hi Folks, Is any there any performance gains when using ASE 64 bit versus ASE 32 bit version like larger memory gains hence good performance? Thanks Jayesh The more memory , the more data you can cache, the better performance. <Jayesh> wrote in message news:4460bb13.194c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi Folks, > > Is any there any performance gains when using ASE 64 bit > versus ASE 32 bit version like larger memory gains hence > good performance? > > > Thanks > Jayesh > The more memory , the more data you can cache, the better...

ASE 64-bit vs. 32-bit
Does Sybase require a different license to move from 32-bit to 64-bit ASE? Or is it simply acquiring a new executable? I think it's the same license. Could be that you must connect to Sybase Downloadcenter for the new version. <Ken Dulin> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42dbf78d.370f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Does Sybase require a different license to move from 32-bit > to 64-bit ASE? Or is it simply acquiring a new executable? If you are talking about licensing in general, you can usually perform a license swap. If you are talking about a SySAM license, it will w...

32 bit or 64 bit version ASE ???
Hi: How do I get the whether 32 bit or 64 bit ASE installed on my machine without logging into isql?. isql -v gives ony the ASE version, it doesn't say whethe it is 32 bit or 64 bit on hp. Thanks param <param> wrote in message news:40da6468.41dc.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi: > > How do I get the whether 32 bit or 64 bit ASE installed on > my machine without logging into isql?. > > isql -v gives ony the ASE version, it doesn't say whethe it > is 32 bit or 64 bit on hp. > > Thanks > param Two possibilities: 1. select @@...

solaris 32 bit
i have solaris version - "SunOS soln1 5.10 Generic_118855-33 i86pc i386 i86pc" 1. can i install "ASE 15.0 Solaris 64-bit Server" for testing? 2. does anyone have links to download ASE Solaris 32-bit 12.5+ / 15 version? Raju wrote: > > i have solaris version - > "SunOS soln1 5.10 Generic_118855-33 i86pc i386 i86pc" > > 1. can i install "ASE 15.0 Solaris 64-bit Server" for > testing? If its the Solaris x64 version. > 2. does anyone have links to download ASE Solaris 32-bit > 12.5+ / 15 version? Have you ...

64 bit to 32 bit?
After much work and pain I have built my OES2 server. File and print work. The last issue to solve was backing the server up. We are using CommVault. While Commvault is able to backup Linux, it can not backup NSS volumes. I was just told by my co-worker who is working with CommVault that CommVault does not support OES2 64 bit. It will only support 32 bit. Does anyone know if I can downgrade a 64 bit OES2 install to 32 bit without a complete rebuild? thanks Phil J Phil wrote: > After much work and pain I have built my OES2 server. File and print > work. The l...

Web resources about - 32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S - sybase.ase.general

Donald Trump Retweeted A White Supremacist Today — Was It A Genuine Mistake?
Twitter-users were shocked today when Donald Trump retweeted a post from the account @WhiteGenocideTM. " @WhiteGenocideTM : @realDonaldTrump ...

The head of Apple’s electric car project is reportedly leaving the company
(Reuters) – Apple’s Steve Zadesky, who has been overseeing the company’s electric car project for the last two years, has said he is leaving ...

Film academy leader announces plans to increase diversity
When the Oscar nominations revealed a second consecutive year of all-white acting nominees, it lit a fire under film academy President Cheryl ...

Winter Storm Jonas brings snow, floods to Eastern US
A storm that arrived postcard-pretty in the nation's capital Friday was morphing into a painful, even paralyzing blizzard with gale-force winds ...

Michigan questions some US demands regarding Flint water
DETROIT (AP) — Michigan's top environmental officer was by turns cooperative and confrontational with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ...

Four Dead In School Shooting In Saskatchewan — Canada’s ‘Heart Is Breaking’
Four people have been killed and two critically injured in a school shooting in La Loche, Saskatchewan, in Canada today, according to the Huffington ...

Jill Duggar Dillard: Zika Virus Could Derail Jill’s Plans To Get Pregnant In El Salvador
Jill Duggar Dillard chose the worst possible time to move to El Salvador. During the three-part TLC special, Jill & Jessa: Counting On , Jill ...

US student detained in North Korea 'over hotel incident'
Telegraph.co.uk US student detained in North Korea 'over hotel incident' Reuters SEOUL Otto Warmbier, the American university student being ...

Passerby Hit as Las Vegas Police Confront Man With Gun
New York Daily News Passerby Hit as Las Vegas Police Confront Man With Gun ABC News A juvenile passerby was injured Friday night after officers ...

What Apple’s latest VR hire means for this growing market
ANALYSIS: Apple invented the smartphone (even though it didn’t). It also invented the tablet … or maybe not. Now, it looks like it might invent ...