"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."

Hello Sybase Users,

Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message
"alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected
connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"?

Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is
remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the
Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he
also tried to use  the Interactive SQL on the server machine
but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE
when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system
application.

What's wrong with the Sybase installed or the database
created? The Sybase installed has already been patched. How
to solve this case or prevent this error from coming out
again? Please help me. Thank you in advance. :-)

Beverly
0
Bev

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client to Linux ASA server
I downloaded the current asaeval7linuxrh6.tar Adaptive Server Anywhere for Linux, installed it and it's up and running on Linux, but I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client (I also have the latest windows ASA ODBC) to Linux ASA server. The ODBC driver is configured correctly on the NT client (as far as I've read). The Adaptive Sever Aywhere engine is up and running on the linux machine because I can query it using dbisqlc. The command I've used to start the database is: "dbeng7 -x tcpip asademo.db". I...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

Profile property and "Unable to connect to SQL Server database."

"Alert
I have set up news accounts and subscribed to newsgroups and posted (today) with no problems using either Outlook Express 6 or Opera 8.5 (on Windows 2000), but with Thunderbird 1.0.7, all I can get on any attempt to "Subscribe" for any of the same servers is (after some delay, with a "progress indicator" showing activity) "Alert - Failed to connect to server" I am on a LAN, always "online," and there are no proxy servers. Have searched this newsgroup via Google, found no hints. Any ideas? Thanks. _me@privacy.net_ spoke thusly on 01/04/20...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

Connect a TComponent "TDataBase" to a database MS SQL Server 2008 (OS W7)
Hello, I try to connect a TDataBase component to a MS SQL Server 2008 database (OS windows server 2008 R2 64 bits). I work with C++ Builder XE3 update 1. I configured a ODBC to the database and it work fine. The client OS is windows 7 (64 bits) But when I associate it to the component there is an error message : "SQL Error : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Specified SQL Server not found. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] Connection Open (Connect()) Alias : MyAlias" I tried several things for found a solution, but it doesn't work. ...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

Seperating between "data" and "web-server" database.
Hello. I created a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere database file to store Web pages. But my "data" database is on an Oracle Server. In the old NetImpact Dynamo Model Extended Attributes I can choose the "data" database on the database tab and "web-server" database on the web server tab. But in the newPowerDynamo Model Extended Attributes there is no longer a database tab. Is there another way around this? Thanks. I think I can answer this one, but you might have had better luck posting in the powersoft.public.easerver forum. In PowerDynamo ...

"connections to SQL server files (*.mdf)" error message in Visual studio when adding a new SQL database
Hope you can help. Running Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer2005.  I have created a new project and am attempting to add a new SQL database to it.  When I select the SQL database I get an "Connections to SQL server files (*.mdf) requires SQL Server Express to function properly" error message.  I also tried to add an existng database and it errors out as well "The file can not be opened as it is being used by another process.....".  However, I can create a new data source connection to existing SQL databases.  One caveat though.  I can ...

Membership. The website application attempts to connect to the "aspnetdb" database with wrong login (MS SQL Server 2005)
I have followed the walkthrough "Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio) " First, I had a problem with  the Web Site Administration tool, that could not connect to the database to store membership data. I found this stuff that helped to configure the provider and the connection string in the machine.config file. I've run aspnet_regsql.exe utility and specified the credentials to connect to the database.So, now I'm able to access the Security tab in the Web Site Administration tool. I've create users from there.But when I run...

Web resources about - "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." - sybase.ase.general