ASE Developer's Edition

Hi

Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column
encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1
developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead?

Regards,
/Mattias

0
Mattias
9/7/2005 1:56:36 PM
sybase.ase.futures 376 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mattias Hultman wrote:
> Hi
>
> Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column
> encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1
> developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead?
>

> Regards,
> /Mattias

Hi Mattias,

there are no plans for releasing ASE 12.5.3a as a developer edition to
my knowledge.  Releasing ASE 15.1 in a developer edition *is* planned
when I last asked.

--
Jason L. Froebe

"There is usually a balance between the left and the right... checks &
balances... the bane of the government but the boon of the people" -
Jason L. Froebe

WebBlog http://jfroebe.livejournal.com

TeamSybase (http://www.teamsybase.com)
ISUG member (http://www.isug.com)
Chicago Sybase Tools User Group (http://www.cpbug.com)
0
Jason

Difference between ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition and non-Developer's Edition
I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib directory only has the .so files and not the .a files. Any help? On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700, wrote: > I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of > ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the > Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib > directory only has the .so files and not...

ASE 12.5 developer's edition
I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition? J. Cavanaugh I guess your running wintendo, check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered -- Joop "The trouble with the concept of time is, there is no such thing as time, there is only an unlimited permutation of now" http://thedominion.cc "J...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition?
Hello is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris available? I want to simulate a customers environment for development. Kind regrads Michael On Dec 12, 12:07=A0pm, Michael Grimm wrote: > Hello > > is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris > available? I want to simulate a customers environment for > development. The completely free version isn't available anymore. I think there is one available from eshop.sybase.com. It's not free, though the cost is fairly low if I remember correctly. Michael Hi, thanks for t...

Installing ASE 12.5.1 Developer's edition
Hi, My installation of ASE12.5.1 on RH8 is failing at theend when it tries to create the server. It looks like this is being caused by a shared memory configuration problem, which in Solaris was set in the /etc/system file. If this is the same issue, where is that setting in RH linux? Here's what I'm getting in the log file: os_create_region: can't allocate 37445632 bytes kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region kistartup: could not create shared memory On 3 Dec 2003 11:26:17 -0800, in sybase.public.ase.linux Germano <Germano_Silva@Brown.edu> wrote...

ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition: Available?
Folks, Is ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition still available? I have followed several links to http://www.sybase.com/ase_1252devel but I get We're sorry, this page is no longer available. I am specifically interested in 12.5.2 for Solaris/SPARC, as that is our main platform at work. Thanks! Eric Try the 15.0 Developer's Edition: http://www.sybase.com/ase_1500devel HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 ...

ase 12.5 developer's edition and mandrake 9
Hi, just downloaded the ase 12.5 developer's edition, can any one give me a quick guide on how to install it? i'm using mandrake 9. thanks. Frank ...

ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition licenses
Folks, I've just installed the above and applied EBF 11665. After sorting out some problems, I eventually got the SYSAM service to work. A licenses.dat file has been created with what I guess are the defaults for the dev edition from sybpkg.dat (five packages). I had to run SySAM and enter 1 in all the fields to get the file populated. This causes an error to be stored in lmgrd.log when SYSAM is started 12:18:57 (SYBASE) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code) 12:18:57 (SYBASE) ==>INCREMENT 1 SYBASE 1 permanent 1 1 OVERDRAFT=10000 ck=0 SN=1 [...] When a...

Why owners of ASE Developer's Edition have no access to the latest drivers and patches?
Hello, I was surprised, that it's not possible to download the latest OLE DB / ODBC drivers for ASE Developer's Edition. At this moment we are choosing an RDBMS for our client for .NET platform development and encounter several serious bugs in Sybase connectivity drivers during testing (stored procedures mostly). Is it possible to get the latest drivers or we should reject Sybase as solution that is not reliable enough for .NET platform ? Best regards, Andrey Lipatkin Andrey You should discuss this with your Sybase rep. There are two forms of ASE Dev Edition - the ...

ASE 15.0.2 Developer's Edition
I ran into an issue with srvbuild which I haven't seen on the forum. Here's a description of the issue and the solution in case anyone else runs into it. My setup is Gentoo, kernel 2.6.22-gentoo-r8, with xorg 7.2, but I suspect this may apply to anyone using more recent versions of xorg. Issue: The ASE software installed without a hitch. Upon launching srvbuild to create a server, I received the following errors: Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfActivate: Manager...

ASE and ASE
Could it be possible to take scripts from ASA and load them in an ASE Any information is welcome jean-fran´┐Żois ASA supports a fairly large sub-set of Transact-SQL, so if you write your stored procedures and triggers in ASA using T-SQL, you should be able to create scripts that will run against both ASE and ASA. If you're planning to do this though, I would suggest developing your database schema against ASA, since everything you write in T-SQL in ASA will be supported on ASE, but the reverse is not true. Check out the section in the ASA documentation entitled "Tra...

ASE to ASE

why a string column with a '' value synchronize from ASE to ASA, in ASA it's value become ' ' with a blank in it?
"darcy.zhai" <zhaizy@e-future.com.cn> wrote in news:43967064@forums-2-dub of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: Please try to ask your question in the _body_ of the post, not the subject line. There are many people that never really look at the subject line (like myself most of the time). > why a string column with a '' value synchronize from ASE to ASA, in > ASA it's value become ' ' with a blank in it? This has to do with nullability. First, connect to ASE via ISQL and try the same query ML is executing. What is returned? An...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edtion
Hi all! I tried do download ASE 12.5 Dev. Ed. from http://www.sybase.com/ase_125devel But the link does not work: http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ase_125_dev_download.jsp Does anyone know where i can get it? Thanx Axel ...

The Future's bright... the future's XAML!
Nice one Microsoft!I am, of course, referring to the absolutely outstanding job you guys are doing on XAML - in one fell swoop, you're doing away with the hideous botches that are HTML and CSS and replacing them with a technology that truly makes them look like the amateur, Open Farce tools they are!And the best thing about it is this: I don't care that MS is a corporate outfit, wishing to tie people to their brand... the falacy of Open Source is that there's a lot of good folk out their doing stuff for free... Google puts the lie to that. My customer's won't care that they're being tied to ...

Web resources about - ASE Developer's Edition - sybase.ase.futures