What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? #2

Hi folks,

In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp?
Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference?
Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want
to connect to server?
Thanks in advance.

0
lee

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp?
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

tli/tcp vs. tcp
What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ? From what I have read, tli is "outdated". Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote: > > What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ? > From what I have read, tli is "outdated". > I guess an additional question is: What effect does the above setting ( whether ASE uses tli/tcp or tcp ) on ASE clients ... in particular: isql and JDBC JConnect ? ...

Transport type TLI TCP V TCP
Using ASE 11.5.1 on SUN Solaris 2.6 ... The manual "Configuring Adaptive Server Enterprise for UNIX Platforms" in Chap 4 "Modifying the Interfaces File" under "Adding or Editing Network Transport Addresses" ... recommends a transport type of TCP ( over TLI TCP ) for Adaptive Server greater than 11.0.x. Why is this. Many thanks Steve Keogh ...

ASE optimizer behavior differences and Performance differences between ASEs: 11.50/ 11.9.2
Hi, I wish I could report that the 11.9.2.4 ASE is performing better then our 11.50 AS instances, but then I would probably not be submitting this post. I have two similar ASE instances which appear to have identical table,indexes,segments,devices. The row counts of the two tables are only off by 1000 and that is expected. Showplan reveals that the optimizer is behaviing very differently between the two instances , not supprised. The new 11.9.2.4/1175/P/SWR/9520 ASE is performing poorly and I can not proced with upgrading my other servers to 11.9.2 untill I accertain the performanc...

TCP
Facts: I have Intranetware 4.11 Server with SP7 I need to comunicate with a Small Business Server 2000: it is a Domain Controler. It has ben configured with a shared access to internet What do I need to comunicate both servers in order to gain both access: the internet and the Nover server in the novell workstations with it corresponding novell client? Luis Hau As far as NetWare connectivity, you need to install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. You can download Novell Client from: http://download.novell.com For Microsoft related questions, pl...

ASE 11.9.2 on Redhat 6.1 (TCP/IP Problem)
I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem: 1. dataserver is up and running and listening on port 5000. 2. local login is fine with isql. 3. remote login complains that "Server is unavailable or does not exist" 4. BUT, tcpdump on the Sybase/linux box shows traffic on port 5000 on a telnet to this port as depicted by the dump at the end of this message. 5. I'm not an expert in TCP/IP but it appears that the linux box is sending a RST (reset, denoted by R) back to my nt client. Hmmm.... 6. TCP/IP on the linux box appears to be working (tel...

TCP Nagles and TCP Delayed Aknowledgement
I have been running some servers with: tcp nagle algorithm=off tcp delayed acknowledgement=off I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office servers. The upload/download speed is incredible with those parameters. Is there any downside? -- Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE, DCNSP jedijeff {at} gmail (dot) com Jeff Johnson wrote: > > I have been running some servers with: > > tcp nagle algorithm=off > tcp delayed acknowledgement=off > > I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office > servers. The...

How to transfer data between 2 different ASE with different char-sets?
Hi,everyone. Now I met a problem while syncronize 2 ASE's data by rep server. I have 2 ASEs, one's default char-set is iso_1 the other is cp936, I need to syncronize these 2 ase's with replicate server but I can't find cp936 in rep12.6's supported char-sets, also I don't know if the replication system could work with two different char-sets. So I tried to build a ID server with iso_1 and a non-ID server with eucgb, and I found the error reported in route creating --"...cannot be materialized: the PDS character set is incompatible with the RRS chara...

TCP/IP #2
We are using SQL Server 6.5 with named pipes connection. We are going to change that to a TCP/IP protocol. Does anyone have a checklist of things that we need to complete this task. TIA Adam Shepherd ...

Component::Server::TCP tcp wrappers suggestion
------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi all, I'm a newbie to POE, so be nice :) IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had support for tcp wrappers. Right know I'm using Net::TCPwrappers for this. But if POE supported it would be a must, I think. Thanks, -- ../bras ------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780-- On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:00, Jorge Bras wrote: > IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had suppor...

solaris and tli / tcp
Hi, does someone know the difference between the tli and the tcp transport type in the interfaces file on solaris? I found out that I can select the tcp-type in dscp utility and I got lines in the interfaces file like myserver master tcp ether sun12 5000 query tcp ether sun12 5000 instead of something like this myserver master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x0002658cc279d93d0000000000000000 query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x0002658cc279d93d0000000000000000 We will change the IP adresses of our servers and I thing the first lines are better, because they are with...

TCP Abend #2
I've been getting TCP IP abends since applying SP6 Here's most of the abend log Steve Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 PVER: 6.50.06 Server TORONTO halted Monday, November 27, 2006 3:56:06.378 pm Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.06: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060 DS = 007B ES = 007B FS = 007B GS = 007B SS = 0068 EAX = 08010045 EBX = 9E10A1A0 ECX = 859A685C EDX = 00000004 ESI = 8AF1F900 EDI = 8A87911A EBP = 08010045 ESP = 8A876E68 EIP = 8A824F78 FLAGS = 00010002 8A824F78 83780400 CMP ...

Starting TCP Server From within TCP Client
Hello experts is their any possibility of starting tcp server that is on remote machine from tcp client that is on another machine. if not then plz mention how can i start tcp server from remote location (i know remote machine's user name, password, ip address) plz dont forget to mention tutorials regarding this bcz i m new to socket programming. regards ali...

GWIA
We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? Thanks for any hints... Huong > We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA > under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? > Thanks for any hints... > Huong > The default port is 1677. The TCP/IP address is the address of the machine that is running GWIA. So, it is the same as the POA default TCP port. Thanks, I will test it out. Huong > > We are running Groupwise 6.0. ...

Web resources about - What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? #2 - sybase.ase.administration

Cultural differences fade when Westerners and Chinese fall in love
One in three Australian marriages are now intercultural. Researchers have found out a key ingredient for success.

What’s the Difference Between Gen Y and Gen Z?
... in relation to purchasing habits, top brands, or preferred networks, download the report and check out the infographic below for key differences ...

Vive la difference - has France's National Front changed?
France's National Front is different from that founded by Jean Marie Le Pen, but just how much has it changed, asks the BBC's Gabriel Gatehouse. ...

"But there is no such thing as a female or male brain, according to the first search for sex differences ...
"It reveals that most people have a mix of male and female brain features. And it also supports the idea that gender is non-binary, and that ...

The 11 most important differences between Macs and PCs
... and Microsoft's rivalry has kicked into high gear — it's even spilled over into the tablet market . We put together some of the key differences ...

No Difference? Really?
Lawyers Guns & Money's Scott Lemieux takes on the notion put forth in Doug Henwood's new book that there's no real difference between Democrats ...

What's the difference in Vance this year? 'He's winning' matchups
... Search form Search 52° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch What's the difference ...