tli/tcp vs. tcp

What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ?
 From what I have read, tli is "outdated".

0
Jesus

Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote:

> What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ?
>  From what I have read, tli is "outdated".

I guess an additional question is:

What effect does the above setting ( whether ASE uses tli/tcp or tcp )
on ASE clients ... in particular: isql and JDBC JConnect ?

0
Jesus

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp?
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? #2
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

Transport type TLI TCP V TCP
Using ASE 11.5.1 on SUN Solaris 2.6 ... The manual "Configuring Adaptive Server Enterprise for UNIX Platforms" in Chap 4 "Modifying the Interfaces File" under "Adding or Editing Network Transport Addresses" ... recommends a transport type of TCP ( over TLI TCP ) for Adaptive Server greater than 11.0.x. Why is this. Many thanks Steve Keogh ...

Communication UDP vs. TCP vs. ???
Hi, I have different applications with a database used in a network. In order to inform other (running) clients to reload business objects from database after changes on one client, I use remote messages. These messages are sent through a database table: Every client checks this table every 2 seconds for new messages. So far this works fine but for one application I need a different approach: - database is an Access MDB: I now, not really a good thing, but customers are used to and basically it works. Possible problem now is to much traffic because of polling by all client...

TCP
Facts: I have Intranetware 4.11 Server with SP7 I need to comunicate with a Small Business Server 2000: it is a Domain Controler. It has ben configured with a shared access to internet What do I need to comunicate both servers in order to gain both access: the internet and the Nover server in the novell workstations with it corresponding novell client? Luis Hau As far as NetWare connectivity, you need to install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. You can download Novell Client from: http://download.novell.com For Microsoft related questions, pl...

UNC vs. TCP/IP vs.ShellExecute
This may take some explaining. I'm using Delphi 7, and working with Firebird database. For connecting to our Firebird .FDB files, which may be on another networked computer, we use the TCP/IP format; i.e. <Server>:<Drive>:<Path\Filename>. We also need to launch an executable from within another program, using a Raize rzLauncher (which, I understand, is a component wrapper for ShellExecute. I've also in the past used calls to ShellExecute directly). Problem here is, the rzLauncher (and by inference ShellEx ecute) ONLY seems to work with UNC format; i.e. \\<Server&g...

TCP vs HTTP vs HTTPS performance differences
SQLA 9.0.2.3804 Hi all, We've been trialling HTTPS at a customer site and it appears that this is significantly slower than HTTP. Does anyone have any statistics showing the differences in data increases and performance overheads? We run in the following configurations: - TCP - TCP with ECC - HTTP - HTTPS with RSA As far as we can tell that is also the order of performance. We're running some tests at the moment, but we would like to have a better insight into what causes what additional overhead where. As far as I can tell: - going from TCP to HTTP result...

TCP Nagles and TCP Delayed Aknowledgement
I have been running some servers with: tcp nagle algorithm=off tcp delayed acknowledgement=off I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office servers. The upload/download speed is incredible with those parameters. Is there any downside? -- Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE, DCNSP jedijeff {at} gmail (dot) com Jeff Johnson wrote: > > I have been running some servers with: > > tcp nagle algorithm=off > tcp delayed acknowledgement=off > > I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office > servers. The...

solaris and tli / tcp
Hi, does someone know the difference between the tli and the tcp transport type in the interfaces file on solaris? I found out that I can select the tcp-type in dscp utility and I got lines in the interfaces file like myserver master tcp ether sun12 5000 query tcp ether sun12 5000 instead of something like this myserver master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x0002658cc279d93d0000000000000000 query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x0002658cc279d93d0000000000000000 We will change the IP adresses of our servers and I thing the first lines are better, because they are with...

UDP vs. TCP
We have a client/server product called EPS by Sungard Insurance Systems. It runs on top of Sybase SQL Anywhere Release 5.5. We are unable to run product routed across subnets. We are pretty sure it is because Sybase is speaking UDP. We need it to speak TCPIP. I have Sungard working on this but I believe the problem lies in the Sybase. Is there some kind of patch or update that will convert the protocol from UDP to TCP? I'm not sure about version 5.5, but later versions use UDP to establish the connection, but TCP thereafter. The UPD can be avoided entirely by specifying ...

GWIA
We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? Thanks for any hints... Huong > We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA > under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? > Thanks for any hints... > Huong > The default port is 1677. The TCP/IP address is the address of the machine that is running GWIA. So, it is the same as the POA default TCP port. Thanks, I will test it out. Huong > > We are running Groupwise 6.0. ...

Component::Server::TCP tcp wrappers suggestion
------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi all, I'm a newbie to POE, so be nice :) IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had support for tcp wrappers. Right know I'm using Net::TCPwrappers for this. But if POE supported it would be a must, I think. Thanks, -- ../bras ------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780-- On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:00, Jorge Bras wrote: > IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had suppor...

Why only TCP?
After careful review, shield's up only test TCP. Is there a reason, it does not test UDP? Thanks. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:55:46 -0500, "DSLR user 595148" <user@127.0.0.1> wrote: >After careful review, shield's up only test TCP. Is there a reason, it does >not test UDP? Steve advocates "stealth". You cannot both be stealth and test for UDP ports at the same time, since the reaction from an open UDP port would be the same as for a stealthed one. Yet another reason why stealth is utter nonsense. And again, ShieldsUp is good for one ...

UDP vs TCP
I've posted the below question to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10308712~mode=flat I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer either there or here : Can anyone explain to me the difference in the scan from dslreports UDP ports vs Shields Up TCP ?? My main issue is that Shields Up tells me that (eg) NetBios is blocked (my firewall is set to block TCP 137-139), but dslreports tells me that 137 UDP is open. So would I need to block both TCP AND UDP ports 137-139 ?? I understand the difference between UDP and TCP as far as the re-transmits and overheads of TCP go...

Web resources about - tli/tcp vs. tcp - sybase.ase.administration

Companies - CrunchBase
Company profiles

Saturn V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Saturn V (pronounced "Saturn Five") was an American human-rated expendable rocket used by NASA 's Apollo and Skylab programs from 1967 until ...

All Breed Pedigree Query
All Breed Pedigree Database containing more than 1 million horses from all breeds. Get pedigrees reports and a free five generation pedigree ...

TigerLily's Freedom ROAR - Illuminating Minds
TigerLily TLis a reporter for QuickThrottle Magazine. Her ldquoactivismrdquo began when she undertook a special reporting project to challenge ...

Terms of Use - NovaSure
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Hologic Inc. (“Hologic”) website. By accessing the website, you agree to be ...

Apollo 11 Mission Log
Chosen to be Commander of Apollo 11 was Neil Alden Armstrong. Armstrong was the veteran Commander of the nearly disastrous Gemini XIII mission. ...

Blue Marble photo discussion
E. Guidance and Navigation, 1. REFSMMAT Definitions: (a) The "Launch Pad" REFSMMAT is used for launch, TLI, and TD&E. This REFSMMAT places the ...

Patriot Games
Thegroup's name was taken from the infamous racist 1978 novel The Turner Diaries , which told the story of a fictional cabal carryingout acts ...

Game Company Information - GameFAQs
Company Information on GameFAQs, with a list of all games developed or published by .

Dreaming and Awakening San Diego, Presenters
Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D. , world-renowned expert on lucid dreaming, has pioneered the scientific study of the topic. His groundbreaking research ...