Rep Server & ASE

Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server
12.5 work with ASE 12.0?

Thanks
Mike
0
mike

On Fri, 2 May 2003 14:39:10 -0400, mike wrote:

>Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server
>12.5 work with ASE 12.0?

I would check the release bulletins for Rep Server to know for sure.  I do know
that Rep Server 12.0 works find with ASE 12.5 as long as you aren't using the
longer data types available in 12.5.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
0
Jim
5/3/2003 5:16:34 AM
Hi Mike,
We have an instance of the pair(ASE-12_0,REP-12_5) you mentioned below  We
have not experienced any problem since we built the replication site in
2002.
P.S: Due to different directory structures (OCS and lib directories), if you
use the same unix account for the replication server and the ASE
server(replicate site)   which  has the RSSD db, you consider setting up the
env variables correctly.
Regards
ALPER ONEY
I.S.E TAKASBANK INC
SYBASE DBA & REPLICATION SYS. ADMIN.
TEL:+902123152109
<mike> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server
> 12.5 work with ASE 12.0?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

0