number of aux scan descriptors

Below is the output from my sp_monitorconfig.  Will the #Max Ever value ever
show more than what the server configuration is set at?

Usage information at date and time: Jul  2 2001 11:08AM.

Name                            # Free      # Active    % Active    # Max
Ever
Used  Re-used
------------------------------  ----------  ----------  ----------
---------------  -------
number of aux scan descriptors  25          0           0.00        25

BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone?

joe

0
jbuhl

jbuhl@peerdigital wrote...
> BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone?

No, but it is set for read only.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
August 12th - 16th, San Diego
0
Jim
7/3/2001 3:47:43 AM
jbuhl wrote:

> Below is the output from my sp_monitorconfig.  Will the #Max Ever value ever
> show more than what the server configuration is set at?

	No, it can't climb over the max value set. You can try increasing
	the max figure to see how many can really be used. Then adjust
	back down accordingly.

> BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone?

	No.

-am	� 2001
0
Anthony
7/3/2001 11:48:11 AM
Bad question.  Is there a new ASE.performance and tune group?  I can't seem
to find it in my list of groups.

joe

"Jim Egan" <dbaguru@eganomics.com> wrote in message
> jbuhl@peerdigital wrote...
> > BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone?
> >

> No, but it is set for read only.
> --
> Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
> Senior Consultant
> Sybase Professional Services
>
> Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
> August 12th - 16th, San Diego

0
jbuhl
7/3/2001 3:52:13 PM
Here it is: sybase.public.ase.performace+tuning

benny

jbuhl wrote:

> Bad question.  Is there a new ASE.performance and tune group?  I can't seem
> to find it in my list of groups.
>
> joe
>
> "Jim Egan" <dbaguru@eganomics.com> wrote in message
> > jbuhl@peerdigital wrote...
> > > BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone?
> > >

> > No, but it is set for read only.
> > --
> > Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
> > Senior Consultant
> > Sybase Professional Services
> >
> > Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
> > August 12th - 16th, San Diego

0
Benny

number of aux scan descriptor
Hi, Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.1/EBF 14374 ESD#3/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1501/2410/64-bit/FBO/Thu Apr 19 14:00:44 2007 We are frequently getting "number of aux scan descriptor" errors. stating required numbers are not there eg: This query requires 32 auxiliary scan descriptors, but currently there are only 30 auxiliary scan descriptors available. Either raise the value of the 'number of aux scan descriptors' configuration parameter or try your query later. sp_monitorconfig gives incorrect results 1> sp_monitorconfig "number of aux scan descr...

About aux scan descriptors
When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about this. Thanks in advance Usage information at date and time: Mar 7 2002 10:27AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 13594 6406 32.03 6407 NA (return status = 0) ...

how to release aux scan descriptors
About aux scan descriptors When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about this. Thanks in advance Usage information at date and time: Mar 7 2002 10:27AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 13594 6406 32.03 6407 NA (return status = 0) Why do you think the...

problem with number/number=number ?
hi i need for below 1/36 = 0,0277777777777778 but result should be 1 3/36 should be 1 35/36 should be 1..... (between 1 and 36)/36 should be 1 36/36  and 37/36 and 45/36 and 71/36 should be 2  (between 72 and 37)/36 should be 2  (between 107 and 73)/36 should be 3  and go on how can i do it ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, I think that (int)(n / 36) + 1 will do the trick  hi it work true without below  result 1 for 1/36 and 4 /36 and 35 /36 .. it is true.. but result 2 for 36/36 . res...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

When is a number not a number?
I've got some server script that determines the "SELECTED" entry in a SELECT control. (The code below is a snippet.) If no information is returned then I want the number defaulted a hard-coded value, otherwise, I want number that matches the returned value selected. The defaulted, hard-coded value works but the comparison (i == val) doesn't work if a a value was returned in the information. I've verified that it is indeed a number within the range I want. Why would this comparison fail like this? TIA Alan Rosine <snip> if (docInfo.advPayMonths =...

ASA To ASE - VS

Courses for ASE administrator
Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE. Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not suitable due to duration. Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA. Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible. Would consider any geographic location except India. Would like...

ASE Version number
Does it really make that difference while changing Connection String where SQLCA.DbParm="ModifySyntax=0,Release='11',Async=1" and SQLCA.DbParm="ModifySyntax=0,Release='12.5',Async=1" The sentence is from PowerBuilder 9.0.1 login script. My production server is ASE 11.9.2 and my Development server is ASE 12.5.1. I thought that Ct-Lib or PB dlls will take care of this version problem. I am able to connect by using any version, however, my problem is that one of the SP (stored proc) is not working properly....

scan a webpage for numbers
Can anyone help me with a project. I would like to scan a webpage for numbers and then display the numbers. any suggestions on how i could get started? do you mean a remote website... you can use httpwebrequest and response, see the article for more info. http://www.worldofasp.net/tut/WebRequest/Working_with_HttpWebRequest_and_HttpWebResponse_in_ASPNET_114.aspx The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Please elaborate your problem? Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Well it is not ...

ASE and CPUs number
Hi, for some reasons I need to run several instances of ASE 12.5.1 each of them doing few work in terms of CPU load. I'm trying to figure out the best hardware environment (UNIX). May I use a single (or double) big CPU machine (contention of CPU resources by each ASE) or have I to buy a multi CPU machine (with the CPUs smaller than the single one) in which every ASE has his "own" CPU? Can anybody help me to understand which are the key issues of the two choices? Any help appreciated! Adriano As usual, it all depends. If by "few" you mean very lightly l...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

changing port number ASE
Hi, I need to change the port number of ASE , how can be done ??( no entry for port number in cfg file) Isabella, You need shutdown your ASE server, edit the entry in the interfaces file on the ASE server's host and restart the ASE server. When it starts, it will use the new port number in the edited interfaces file. Don't forget to change the port number in all the client interfaces files as well. Cheers Raymond > Hi, > I need to change the port number of ASE , how can be > done ??( no entry for port number in cfg file) > Hi,...

ASE Server Port Number
How to check an ASE server's port number (as the server is not installed by me) ? I don't know how to interpret the interfaces file. Hope someone can provide hints, thanks. Hi , Specify which platform and also check the interfaces file whether it is encrypted. The best way is just do a dsedit and then select your sybase server and u can see server port number in that. Bye gops gops@rediffmail.com Thanks, I've got it. ...

NUMBER OF CPU SUPPORT OF Ase
devid wrote: ["NUMBER OF CPU SUPPORT OF Ase"] ASE 12.5 supports up to 128 cpus. -bret ...

ASE Server Port Numbers...
Hello!!! I am just wondering if the usual port assignment for ASE server which is 5000, could be changed to any other number. Is there any range of values that could only be assigned for use with ASE, or we can use any port number as long as no one uses the port? Thanks!!! -KNUBIL You can use any port that is not in use on your system Knubil wrote: > Hello!!! > I am just wondering if the usual port assignment for ASE > server which is 5000, could be changed to any other number. > Is there any range of values that could only be assigned for > use with ASE, or...

ASE Administrator
I have been working as ASE 12.5 application dba for the last 5 years. My project was completed last month. I am interested in upgrading my skills to system dba. I badly need some guidelines in having the necessary software at home and some study materials. Any help in this would be highly appreciated. Regards, Ramesh Ramesh I would say to use Sybase Manuals and Technical documents from Sybase Site . Thanks Akesh "Ramesh" <rameshsrao@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:40159095@forums-1-dub... > I have been working as ASE 12.5 application dba for the...

ASE eval and port number?
Hi, I just received the ASE 11.5 eval disc and am having some trouble setting up the port number and transport protocol. I've used SQL server on UNIX extensively, and am new to the NT version. I've installed the server on an NT box and accepted the defaults. I need to access it from a Win95 machine. What application do I use to to configure the client for access to the remote server. Apologies for the boneheaded question. Just getting used to the new server platform. Thanks, Tim ...

Default number of user connections to ASE
Hi I have a 30 user licence of my ASE 11.5 I would like to know the number of user connections that are taken up by default by the server. And how many user connections do I need to account for , before deciding upon the number of actual client connections (say, from a PB application) Thanx Anil Output of select @@version is : Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5/P/Nt/OS 4.00/1/fbu Anil wrote: > > Hi > > I have a 30 user licence of my ASE 11.5 > I would like to know the number of user connections that are taken up by > default by the server. And how many...

ASE 12 and number of tables in a query
Has ASE 12 expanded the number of tables you can have in a query? It was my understanding that the limit was going to go up from 16. I can in other platforms including SQL Anywhere but I am still stuck at 16 in ASE. Any ideas when this will be enhanced? In searching Sybase.com I found a white paper that states the the number of tables in a query is 50 (http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1013024,00.html section1.3.1 Database Statistics). But the Transact-SQL manual for 12.5 states that the maximum number of tables for query is 16 (Chapter 2 Specifiying the from clause section)...

HP / ASE 12.0 file descriptor
I am new to ASE 12.x and when starting - the errorlog shows only 60 file descriptors so I cannot increase the number of devices. also I stopped the ASE 11.9.2 Engines which was running and using 1024 file descriptors. How can I get both versions running - each using half the file descriptors on the HP server. I suspect it could be a license issue , but if some can help. ... On 9 Feb 2004 10:39:54 -0800, in sybase.public.ase.administration <peter_brent@manulife.com> wrote: >I am new to ASE 12.x and when starting - the errorlog >shows only 60 file descriptors so I ca...

Error number: 8E03 Contact your system administrator.
This message was unable to be retrieved from the GroupWise post office. Error number: 8E03 Contact your system administrator. Single user gets this error when POPing via Outlook. What does it mean? GW6.5 SP3 NW6 SP4. No other POP complaints. Telnetting to port 110 gives me this, which is consistent with the pop client: RETR 198 -ERR Invalid Message Number RETR 1 +OK From: GroupWise POP3 server <> Subject: Error retrieving message This message was unable to be retrieved from the GroupWise post office. Error number: 8E03 Contact your system administrator. ...

Web resources about - number of aux scan descriptors - sybase.ase.administration

Descriptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel descriptor sparks boycott threat
ISLAMIC nations furious over the Abbott government's policy shift on Israeli settlements have warned they could boycott Australian farm exports ...

Wine: Flavour descriptors move to bottles' front labels
in a bold move, some wine producers have started printing flavour information prominently on the front

Most SBC Pastors Reluctant to Use 'Great Commission Baptists' Descriptor
Contrary to the recent recommendation by a Southern Baptist Convention task force that the denomination introduce an "informal" optional title ...

A Quite Recent Obsession: On Constitutional Descriptors
... describe things as “constitutional,” and “unconstitutional.” They talk about the “Bill of Rights” and the “Second Amendment.” These descriptors ...

CinemaCon: MPAA And NATO Chiefs Talk Up New Ratings Descriptors
The film industry’s two chief lobbyists stayed on message at a brief press conference this afternoon that mostly dealt with the movie ratings ...

‘Middle Class’ Disappears: Political Strategists Use ‘Everyday Americans’ As A New Descriptor For The ...
... with family and friends on holidays. But that reality has quickly dissipated; what is left in its wake has yet to be named an accurate descriptor. ...

Why the Word ‘Merry’ Is Used For Christmas in the U.S. When Other Holidays Use the Descriptor ‘Happy’ ...
Linguist Arika Okrent and illustrator Sean O’Neill verbally and visually explain why the word “merry” is used in conjunction with Christmas , ...

Body, Structure, Grip: What Wine Descriptors Really Mean
Whether you're reading off a list, getting an expert's recommendations, or browsing the aisles of a liquor store, it's rare to talk about wine ...

New Yorker Deletes ‘Uppity’ Descriptor from Ted Cruz Article
The New Yorker’ s John Cassidy used the word “uppity” to describe Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in an article on the early GOP presidential hopeful ...