number of aux scan descriptor

Hi,

Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.1/EBF 14374 ESD#3/P/Sun_svr4/OS
5.8/ase1501/2410/64-bit/FBO/Thu Apr 19 14:00:44 2007

We are frequently getting "number of aux scan descriptor" errors. stating
required numbers are not there

eg: This query requires 32 auxiliary scan descriptors, but currently there
are only 30 auxiliary scan descriptors available. Either raise the value of
the 'number of aux scan descriptors' configuration parameter or try your
query later.

sp_monitorconfig gives incorrect results

1> sp_monitorconfig "number of aux scan descriptors"
2> go
Usage information at date and time: Dec  2 2010  1:50AM.

 Name                      Num_free    Num_active  Pct_act Max_Used
Num_Reuse
 ------------------------- ----------- ----------- ------- ----------- -----------
 number of aux scan descri        4000           0   0.00            0
0
(return status = 0)

how to overcome this issue?

regards
Venki

0
Venkitachalam

number of aux scan descriptors
Below is the output from my sp_monitorconfig. Will the #Max Ever value ever show more than what the server configuration is set at? Usage information at date and time: Jul 2 2001 11:08AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 25 0 0.00 25 BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone? joe jbuhl@peerdigital wrote... > BTW. Is the old performance and tuning...

About aux scan descriptors
When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about this. Thanks in advance Usage information at date and time: Mar 7 2002 10:27AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 13594 6406 32.03 6407 NA (return status = 0) ...

how to release aux scan descriptors
About aux scan descriptors When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about this. Thanks in advance Usage information at date and time: Mar 7 2002 10:27AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 13594 6406 32.03 6407 NA (return status = 0) Why do you think the...

problem with number/number=number ?
hi i need for below 1/36 = 0,0277777777777778 but result should be 1 3/36 should be 1 35/36 should be 1..... (between 1 and 36)/36 should be 1 36/36  and 37/36 and 45/36 and 71/36 should be 2  (between 72 and 37)/36 should be 2  (between 107 and 73)/36 should be 3  and go on how can i do it ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, I think that (int)(n / 36) + 1 will do the trick  hi it work true without below  result 1 for 1/36 and 4 /36 and 35 /36 .. it is true.. but result 2 for 36/36 . res...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

When is a number not a number?
I've got some server script that determines the "SELECTED" entry in a SELECT control. (The code below is a snippet.) If no information is returned then I want the number defaulted a hard-coded value, otherwise, I want number that matches the returned value selected. The defaulted, hard-coded value works but the comparison (i == val) doesn't work if a a value was returned in the information. I've verified that it is indeed a number within the range I want. Why would this comparison fail like this? TIA Alan Rosine <snip> if (docInfo.advPayMonths =...

ASA To ASE - VS

scan a webpage for numbers
Can anyone help me with a project. I would like to scan a webpage for numbers and then display the numbers. any suggestions on how i could get started? do you mean a remote website... you can use httpwebrequest and response, see the article for more info. http://www.worldofasp.net/tut/WebRequest/Working_with_HttpWebRequest_and_HttpWebResponse_in_ASPNET_114.aspx The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Please elaborate your problem? Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Well it is not ...

Courses for ASE administrator
Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE. Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not suitable due to duration. Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA. Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible. Would consider any geographic location except India. Would like...

ASE Version number
Does it really make that difference while changing Connection String where SQLCA.DbParm="ModifySyntax=0,Release='11',Async=1" and SQLCA.DbParm="ModifySyntax=0,Release='12.5',Async=1" The sentence is from PowerBuilder 9.0.1 login script. My production server is ASE 11.9.2 and my Development server is ASE 12.5.1. I thought that Ct-Lib or PB dlls will take care of this version problem. I am able to connect by using any version, however, my problem is that one of the SP (stored proc) is not working properly....

ASE and CPUs number
Hi, for some reasons I need to run several instances of ASE 12.5.1 each of them doing few work in terms of CPU load. I'm trying to figure out the best hardware environment (UNIX). May I use a single (or double) big CPU machine (contention of CPU resources by each ASE) or have I to buy a multi CPU machine (with the CPUs smaller than the single one) in which every ASE has his "own" CPU? Can anybody help me to understand which are the key issues of the two choices? Any help appreciated! Adriano As usual, it all depends. If by "few" you mean very lightly l...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

NUMBER OF CPU SUPPORT OF Ase
devid wrote: ["NUMBER OF CPU SUPPORT OF Ase"] ASE 12.5 supports up to 128 cpus. -bret ...

Web resources about - number of aux scan descriptor - sybase.ase.administration

Descriptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel descriptor sparks boycott threat
ISLAMIC nations furious over the Abbott government's policy shift on Israeli settlements have warned they could boycott Australian farm exports ...

Wine: Flavour descriptors move to bottles' front labels
in a bold move, some wine producers have started printing flavour information prominently on the front

Most SBC Pastors Reluctant to Use 'Great Commission Baptists' Descriptor
Contrary to the recent recommendation by a Southern Baptist Convention task force that the denomination introduce an "informal" optional title ...

A Quite Recent Obsession: On Constitutional Descriptors
... describe things as “constitutional,” and “unconstitutional.” They talk about the “Bill of Rights” and the “Second Amendment.” These descriptors ...

CinemaCon: MPAA And NATO Chiefs Talk Up New Ratings Descriptors
The film industry’s two chief lobbyists stayed on message at a brief press conference this afternoon that mostly dealt with the movie ratings ...

‘Middle Class’ Disappears: Political Strategists Use ‘Everyday Americans’ As A New Descriptor For The ...
... with family and friends on holidays. But that reality has quickly dissipated; what is left in its wake has yet to be named an accurate descriptor. ...

Why the Word ‘Merry’ Is Used For Christmas in the U.S. When Other Holidays Use the Descriptor ‘Happy’ ...
Linguist Arika Okrent and illustrator Sean O’Neill verbally and visually explain why the word “merry” is used in conjunction with Christmas , ...

Body, Structure, Grip: What Wine Descriptors Really Mean
Whether you're reading off a list, getting an expert's recommendations, or browsing the aisles of a liquor store, it's rare to talk about wine ...

New Yorker Deletes ‘Uppity’ Descriptor from Ted Cruz Article
The New Yorker’ s John Cassidy used the word “uppity” to describe Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in an article on the early GOP presidential hopeful ...