Multiple listeners

I have an ASE 15 server whose clients experience sporadic 2
minute outages. There are 1100+ concurrent connections as
well as processes which connect and disconnect thousands of
times a day.

Does anyone have experience addressing a similar situation
through the use of multiple listeners?
0
David

Tell me why you think it is listener related?

> I have an ASE 15 server whose clients experience sporadic
> 2 minute outages. There are 1100+ concurrent connections
> as well as processes which connect and disconnect
> thousands of times a day.
>
> Does anyone have experience addressing a similar situation
> through the use of multiple listeners?
0
Manager

Multiple NICS
We are deploying some new hardware for a relatively busy site. In a Sun e450 I have 4GB of RAM and 8 100mbit ethernet ports (two quad-port cards). It has been suggested that we can trunc several of the ports (at the OS level) and run one listener on the primary network and one listener on the back network (perhaps 6 ports primary and 2 backup). That will give me a realatively high bandwidth connection but only one network listener. The back network will be used for replication to a warm-standby and for dumps, maintenance batches, etc. I am not as worried about it's perfor...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Multiple network listeners
Does anyone know how to configure multiple network listeners for a single SQL Server ASE11.5 with one network card? Thanks. Hudson Hudson wrote: > > Does anyone know how to configure multiple network listeners for a single > SQL Server ASE11.5 with one network card? > > Thanks. > > Hudson You need to add another master entry in your interface file using the same ip but a different port number. This goes under the interface entry that you use to boot ase. You will then need to create an additional interface entry which is a query entry that ...

MessageService multiple listeners
Where you have multiple listeners on a message queue in the jag message service, I assume that every registered listener will receive the incoming message via onMessage()? If so, how do the automatic acknowledgements work in this instance - must all listeners have finished processing the message for it to be considered acknowledged, or does the message queue require just a single acknowledgement? Just trying to get my head around what happens here, any help appreciated.. thanks martyn Martyn Evans wrote: > > Where you have multiple listeners on a message queue in...

Multiple Instances of ASE
When you have multiple instances of ASE on a server, does each instance use the same master.dat file, or do you need to create differently names master.dat files for each instance? Each would use a different master device. They could use the same interfaces file, or different ones. -bret Crystal_Jordan-McIntyre wrote: > When you have multiple instances of ASE on a server, does each instance use > the same master.dat file, or do you need to create differently names > master.dat files for each instance? You should keep the same name of master.dat, but use differ...

Multiple ASE instances
If I run multiple ASE 12 instances on a UNIX box, will each instance be physically separate, i.e. has its own system databases, and port? If so, what would be the difference between a second instance, and a second installation with the same version? Basically, I need to have two independent ASE servers (but the same version) running on a single box. Do I have to physically install another copy of the server software, or I can use the single installation to create another instance? Thank you very much for your advice. Jian MB-FSH On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:19:52 -0800, J...

Multiple Listeners with VPN
Hi Gurus, I have EAS 5.2 running with PB 10.0.1 clients. The app works great and is super fast in the local network. If I connect thru our VPN/firewall it becomes unusable because it it is soooooooo slow! Should I try to define another listener on another port for those vpn connections? Is it OK to have multiple listeners for the same protocol? Thanks for any help. JMR EAS 5.2 on Windows 2000 server PB 10.0.1 Symantec Enterprise VPN client V7.0 ...

Multiple versions of ASE
Can I install two versions of ASE on one Unix box? I have 12.0 installed for development and would like to install 11.5 on the same server. is there anything to watch out for? Can I have both versions running at the same time? Yes, you just need to be sure to set them up on different ports, and have enough memory for both servers. -bret Sharon_Shields wrote: > Can I install two versions of ASE on one Unix box? I have 12.0 installed > for development and would like to install 11.5 on the same server. is > there anything to watch out for? Can I have both ve...

Multiple HTTP Listeners
We are trying to configure an EAServer installation with our web app for access from either within or outside the enterprise network. We have two IP addresses resolving to the same host machine and have HTTP and HTTPS listeners created in EAServer for each on the 80 and 443 ports. Only the pair of listeners created for the remote access IP is working. When trying to access the web application using the internal IP, the request fails as it is trying to load our login form using the external URL. Looking in the HTTPServlet log file after EAServer startup, we see Oct 11 14:53:32 2004:...

Multiple Listeners not running
I am trying to configure Sql Server 11.0.3 to listen on 2 TCP/IP addresses at the same time. The server has 2 nic cards each with a unique IP address. When I configure the sql.ini file to listen on either the first or second card and restart the server, it works perfectly on whatever address I have it configured and can be accessed. When I try to put 2 master entries in the sql.ini file for that server, each with it's own IP address, the connection fails when attempting to access the second IP address. I have tried it with using the same port number and using different po...

Multiple Instances of ASE
Hello All! Two questions: What is the practical limit for the number of databases that an instance ASE can run? If there is a limit, is it possible to run multiple instances of ASE on a single box, each running X number of databases? We will be running on Windows 2k. Thanks! -Mike Mike Dunn wrote: > What is the practical limit for the number of databases that an instance ASE > can run? Its very large. All you need to do is change a config option and you are away. SmartStream is one product that abuses Sybase by running up to in excess of 50 databases...

Multiple Event Listeners
Anyone know if this is on the plate at some point? Something like delegates in ..Net? I do it now on my own using Observer and a Subscription logic inside of a very simple MVC, but I wonder if there is something like that coming with the new compiler backend, where one can have more than one event handler assigned to a Delphi event through subscribe/unsubcribe... Thanks, -- Warm Regards, Lee > {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote} > Anyone know if this is on the plate at some point? Something like delegates in > .Net? > > I do it now on my own us...

Web resources about - Multiple listeners - sybase.ase.administration

The Listener (magazine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It was first published on 16 January 1929, under the editorship of Richard S. Lambert , and was developed as a medium of record for the reproduction ...

Ghost Listener on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Ghost Listener. Download Ghost Listener and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Fox's Andrea Tantaros Tells Listeners If You See Obama Supporters, 'Punch Them In The Face'
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 During her syndicated radio show this afternoon, conservative columnist Andrea Tantaros reacted to the Justice ...

Robin Bailey thanks radio listeners for support after husband's death
Brisbane radio presenter Robin Bailey has thanked listeners for their outpouring of support after the sudden death of her husband.

Scotty and Nige: Listener's online petition asks Canberra 104.7 to bring Scott Masters back
An online petition has attracted hundreds of signatures&nbsp;and it's understood dumped presenter is pursuing legal action.

A radio host was so determined to get listeners in the festive spirit he barricaded himself in a studio ...
... so he could play the Wham song Last Christmas non-stop. Antenna Carinthia presenter Joe Kohlhofer, 27, started his 8am show by telling listeners ...

ABC axe to religion will starve national discussion, broadcaster John Cleary tells listeners
A veteran ABC broadcaster, backed by a religious leader, has used his Sunday night program to denounce the effect of budget cuts to the national ...

Barbara Walters: Farewell to one of the last great listeners
TV newswoman Barbara Walters retires from on-air work this week on The View and ABC News, having lived and broadcast so long in the mass media ...

TOPICS: Shake it off, J listeners
POLL: Forget Taylor Swift for a sec. If Tay takes out No.1 in today’s Triple J Hottest 100, it won’t be the first boilover.