Metadata accessor tables

The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app user
complains of missing metadata accessor tables for JDBC
connection.
The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
shouldn't have changed.
How to resolve this thing.
0
HManzer
6/4/2009 3:27:09 AM
sybase.ase.administration 7058 articles. 2 followers. Follow

8 Replies
635 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so this is from some old memories so fwiw ...

- in the scripts directory see if there's a file named something like installjdbc; if you find such a file then have the 
DBA run/load it into the dataserver

- under the main Sybase software directory look for 1 or more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y are 
numbers); if there are multiple directories pick the one with the latest/largest number (eg, pick jConnect-4_5 instead 
of jConnect-4_2); go to the subdirectory named 'sp'; load the *sql script for your version of ASE (eg, sql_server11.sql)



HManzer wrote:
> The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app user
> complains of missing metadata accessor tables for JDBC
> connection.
> The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
> shouldn't have changed.
> How to resolve this thing.
0
Mark
6/4/2009 6:09:21 AM
Hi Mark,

There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in our
directory
Not sure if this is the only one and what version would make
the Jconnect to.

** sql_server.sql
**
**
** Tables created:
**
**      Name                    Default Location
**      ----------------------- ----------------
**      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
**      spt_mda                 master
**      spt_jtext               master
**      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
**      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
**
**
** Stored procedures created:
**
**      Name                          Default Location
**      ----------------------------- ----------------
**      sp_mda                        sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_datatype_info         sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_columns               sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_tables                sybsystemprocs
**      jdbc_function_escapes         sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype      sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_function_escapes      sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_fkeys                 sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_exportkey             sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_importkey             sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences    sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getschemas            sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges   sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges    sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_computeprivs          sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs           sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_primarykey            sybsystemprocs
**      sp_sql_type_name              sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier  sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels    sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo          sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures     sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns   sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns     sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike  sybsystemprocs
**      sp_default_charset            sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_getudts               sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_class_for_name        sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class         sybsystemprocs
**      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name           sybsystemprocs


Regards

> I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so this
> is from some old memories so fwiw ...
>
> - in the scripts directory see if there's a file named
> something like installjdbc; if you find such a file then
> have the  DBA run/load it into the dataserver
>
> - under the main Sybase software directory look for 1 or
> more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y are
> numbers); if there are multiple directories pick the one
> with the latest/largest number (eg, pick jConnect-4_5
> instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the subdirectory named
> 'sp'; load the *sql script for your version of ASE (eg,
> sql_server11.sql)
>
>
>
> HManzer wrote:
> > The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app
> > user complains of missing metadata accessor tables for
> > JDBC connection.
> > The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
> > shouldn't have changed.
> > How to resolve this thing.
0
Hmanzer
6/4/2009 6:32:29 AM
The tables and procs look right ... do any of these tables/procs currently exist in the dataserver?

If not, it can't hurt to load the script and see if that gets your user up and running.

Hmanzer wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> 
> There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in our
> directory
> Not sure if this is the only one and what version would make
> the Jconnect to.
> 
> ** sql_server.sql
> **
> **
> ** Tables created:
> **
> **      Name                    Default Location
> **      ----------------------- ----------------
> **      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
> **      spt_mda                 master
> **      spt_jtext               master
> **      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
> **      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
> **
> **
> ** Stored procedures created:
> **
> **      Name                          Default Location
> **      ----------------------------- ----------------
> **      sp_mda                        sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_datatype_info         sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_columns               sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_tables                sybsystemprocs
> **      jdbc_function_escapes         sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype      sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_function_escapes      sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_fkeys                 sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_exportkey             sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_importkey             sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences    sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getschemas            sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges   sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges    sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_computeprivs          sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs           sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_primarykey            sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_sql_type_name              sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier  sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels    sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo          sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures     sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns   sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns     sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike  sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_default_charset            sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getudts               sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_class_for_name        sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class         sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name           sybsystemprocs
> 
> 
> Regards
> 
>> I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so this
>> is from some old memories so fwiw ...
>>
>> - in the scripts directory see if there's a file named
>> something like installjdbc; if you find such a file then
>> have the  DBA run/load it into the dataserver
>>
>> - under the main Sybase software directory look for 1 or
>> more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y are
>> numbers); if there are multiple directories pick the one
>> with the latest/largest number (eg, pick jConnect-4_5
>> instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the subdirectory named
>> 'sp'; load the *sql script for your version of ASE (eg,
>> sql_server11.sql)
>>
>>
>>
>> HManzer wrote:
>>> The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app
>>> user complains of missing metadata accessor tables for
>>> JDBC connection.
>>> The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
>>> shouldn't have changed.
>>> How to resolve this thing.
0
Mark
6/4/2009 7:38:22 AM
Hi,
One more thing. If I don't have any directory structure
related to JDBC_HOME or Jconnect, Can I still run the
sql_server.sql

Thanks.

> Hi Mark,
>
> There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in our
> directory
> Not sure if this is the only one and what version would
> make the Jconnect to.
>
> ** sql_server.sql
> **
> **
> ** Tables created:
> **
> **      Name                    Default Location
> **      ----------------------- ----------------
> **      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
> **      spt_mda                 master
> **      spt_jtext               master
> **      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
> **      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
> **
> **
> ** Stored procedures created:
> **
> **      Name                          Default Location
> **      ----------------------------- ----------------
> **      sp_mda                        sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_datatype_info         sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_columns               sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_tables                sybsystemprocs
> **      jdbc_function_escapes         sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype      sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_function_escapes      sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_fkeys                 sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_exportkey             sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_importkey             sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences    sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getschemas            sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges   sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges    sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_computeprivs          sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs           sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_primarykey            sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_sql_type_name              sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier  sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels    sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo          sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures     sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns   sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns     sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike  sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_default_charset            sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_getudts               sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_class_for_name        sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class         sybsystemprocs
> **      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name           sybsystemprocs
>
>
> Regards
>
> > I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so this
> > is from some old memories so fwiw ...
> >
> > - in the scripts directory see if there's a file named
> > something like installjdbc; if you find such a file then
> > have the  DBA run/load it into the dataserver
> >
> > - under the main Sybase software directory look for 1 or
> > more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y are
> > numbers); if there are multiple directories pick the one
> > with the latest/largest number (eg, pick jConnect-4_5
> > instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the subdirectory named
> > 'sp'; load the *sql script for your version of ASE (eg,
> > sql_server11.sql)
> >
> >
> >
> > HManzer wrote:
> > > The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app
> > > user complains of missing metadata accessor tables for
> > > JDBC connection.
> > > The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
> > > shouldn't have changed.
> > > How to resolve this thing.
0
HManzer
6/4/2009 7:50:58 AM
Over the years Sybase has modified (a few times) how they ship the JDBC/Jconnect stuff with ASE ... different directory 
structures, different file names, etc.

Again, I don't have access to a 11.9.x install at the moment so I'm going by some old memories ... but the contents of 
sql_server.sql looks like what you're looking for.

Out of curiosity, what's the list of files from the scripts directory?

HManzer wrote:
> Hi,
> One more thing. If I don't have any directory structure
> related to JDBC_HOME or Jconnect, Can I still run the
> sql_server.sql
> 
> Thanks.
> 
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in our
>> directory
>> Not sure if this is the only one and what version would
>> make the Jconnect to.
>>
>> ** sql_server.sql
>> **
>> **
>> ** Tables created:
>> **
>> **      Name                    Default Location
>> **      ----------------------- ----------------
>> **      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
>> **      spt_mda                 master
>> **      spt_jtext               master
>> **      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
>> **      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
>> **
>> **
>> ** Stored procedures created:
>> **
>> **      Name                          Default Location
>> **      ----------------------------- ----------------
>> **      sp_mda                        sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_datatype_info         sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_columns               sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_tables                sybsystemprocs
>> **      jdbc_function_escapes         sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype      sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_function_escapes      sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_fkeys                 sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_exportkey             sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_importkey             sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences    sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getschemas            sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges   sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges    sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_computeprivs          sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs           sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_primarykey            sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_sql_type_name              sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier  sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels    sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo          sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures     sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns   sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns     sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike  sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_default_charset            sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_getudts               sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_class_for_name        sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class         sybsystemprocs
>> **      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name           sybsystemprocs
>>
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>> I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so this
>>> is from some old memories so fwiw ...
>>>
>>> - in the scripts directory see if there's a file named
>>> something like installjdbc; if you find such a file then
>>> have the  DBA run/load it into the dataserver
>>>
>>> - under the main Sybase software directory look for 1 or
>>> more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y are
>>> numbers); if there are multiple directories pick the one
>>> with the latest/largest number (eg, pick jConnect-4_5
>>> instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the subdirectory named
>>> 'sp'; load the *sql script for your version of ASE (eg,
>>> sql_server11.sql)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> HManzer wrote:
>>>> The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app
>>>> user complains of missing metadata accessor tables for
>>>> JDBC connection.
>>>> The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
>>>> shouldn't have changed.
>>>> How to resolve this thing.
0
Mark
6/4/2009 8:00:11 AM
Hi Mark,
thanks for your inputs. I was tempted to run the sql file
from isql prompt but the correct procedure is to run from
Java isqlApp. Thats why I was asking.

For scripts, it has almost everything except JDBC :(

-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    1495 Feb  3  1998
installmon
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    3205 Aug 14  1998
checksvrsuids
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   28428 Aug 14  1998
installupgrade
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   83118 Aug 14  1998
installsecurity
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    3431 Aug 14  1998
installmodel
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin 2121920 Aug 14  1998
installmaster
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  149076 Aug 14  1998
installdbccdb
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  149109 Aug 14  1998
installdbccalt
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   16591 Aug 14  1998
installcommit
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  264925 Aug 14  1998
ins_syn_sql
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   50887 Aug 14  1998
installpubs3
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   42015 Aug 14  1998
installpubs2
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  469779 Aug 14  1998
installpix2
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    1749 Aug 14  1998
upgd_cnf.sql
-rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    2038 Aug 14  1998
set_csmd.sql
drwxr-xr-x   2 sybase   sybadmin      96 Feb  3  2000 iso_1

> Over the years Sybase has modified (a few times) how they
> ship the JDBC/Jconnect stuff with ASE ... different
> directory  structures, different file names, etc.
>
> Again, I don't have access to a 11.9.x install at the
> moment so I'm going by some old memories ... but the
> contents of  sql_server.sql looks like what you're looking
> for.
>
> Out of curiosity, what's the list of files from the
> scripts directory?
>
> HManzer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > One more thing. If I don't have any directory structure
> > related to JDBC_HOME or Jconnect, Can I still run the
> > sql_server.sql
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >> Hi Mark,
> >>
> >> There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in our
> >> directory
> >> Not sure if this is the only one and what version would
> >> make the Jconnect to.
> >>
> >> ** sql_server.sql
> >> **
> >> **
> >> ** Tables created:
> >> **
> >> **      Name                    Default Location
> >> **      ----------------------- ----------------
> >> **      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
> >> **      spt_mda                 master
> >> **      spt_jtext               master
> >> **      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
> >> **      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
> >> **
> >> **
> >> ** Stored procedures created:
> >> **
> >> **      Name                          Default Location
> >> **      ----------------------------- ----------------
> >> **      sp_mda                        sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_datatype_info         sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_columns               sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_tables                sybsystemprocs
> >> **      jdbc_function_escapes         sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype      sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_function_escapes      sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_fkeys                 sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_exportkey             sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_importkey             sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences    sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getschemas            sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges   sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges    sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_computeprivs          sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs           sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_primarykey            sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_sql_type_name              sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier  sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels    sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo          sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures     sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns   sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns     sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike  sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_default_charset            sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_getudts               sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_class_for_name        sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class         sybsystemprocs
> >> **      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name           sybsystemprocs
> >>
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >>> I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so
> this >>> is from some old memories so fwiw ...
> >>>
> >>> - in the scripts directory see if there's a file named
> >>> something like installjdbc; if you find such a file
> then >>> have the  DBA run/load it into the dataserver
> >>>
> >>> - under the main Sybase software directory look for 1
> or >>> more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y
> are >>> numbers); if there are multiple directories pick
> the one >>> with the latest/largest number (eg, pick
> jConnect-4_5 >>> instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the
> subdirectory named >>> 'sp'; load the *sql script for your
> version of ASE (eg, >>> sql_server11.sql)
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> HManzer wrote:
> >>>> The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app
> >>>> user complains of missing metadata accessor tables
> for >>>> JDBC connection.
> >>>> The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
> >>>> shouldn't have changed.
> >>>> How to resolve this thing.
0
HManzer
6/4/2009 8:34:55 AM
I've always run the *sql scripts with the generic isql without any problems.  [I've no idea what 'Java isqlApp' is ...]

re: no file in the scripts directory ... that's ok

HManzer wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> thanks for your inputs. I was tempted to run the sql file
> from isql prompt but the correct procedure is to run from
> Java isqlApp. Thats why I was asking.
> 
> For scripts, it has almost everything except JDBC :(
> 
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    1495 Feb  3  1998
> installmon
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    3205 Aug 14  1998
> checksvrsuids
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   28428 Aug 14  1998
> installupgrade
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   83118 Aug 14  1998
> installsecurity
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    3431 Aug 14  1998
> installmodel
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin 2121920 Aug 14  1998
> installmaster
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  149076 Aug 14  1998
> installdbccdb
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  149109 Aug 14  1998
> installdbccalt
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   16591 Aug 14  1998
> installcommit
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  264925 Aug 14  1998
> ins_syn_sql
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   50887 Aug 14  1998
> installpubs3
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   42015 Aug 14  1998
> installpubs2
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  469779 Aug 14  1998
> installpix2
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    1749 Aug 14  1998
> upgd_cnf.sql
> -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    2038 Aug 14  1998
> set_csmd.sql
> drwxr-xr-x   2 sybase   sybadmin      96 Feb  3  2000 iso_1
> 
>> Over the years Sybase has modified (a few times) how they
>> ship the JDBC/Jconnect stuff with ASE ... different
>> directory  structures, different file names, etc.
>>
>> Again, I don't have access to a 11.9.x install at the
>> moment so I'm going by some old memories ... but the
>> contents of  sql_server.sql looks like what you're looking
>> for.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what's the list of files from the
>> scripts directory?
>>
>> HManzer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> One more thing. If I don't have any directory structure
>>> related to JDBC_HOME or Jconnect, Can I still run the
>>> sql_server.sql
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>> Hi Mark,
>>>>
>>>> There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in our
>>>> directory
>>>> Not sure if this is the only one and what version would
>>>> make the Jconnect to.
>>>>
>>>> ** sql_server.sql
>>>> **
>>>> **
>>>> ** Tables created:
>>>> **
>>>> **      Name                    Default Location
>>>> **      ----------------------- ----------------
>>>> **      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
>>>> **      spt_mda                 master
>>>> **      spt_jtext               master
>>>> **      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
>>>> **      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
>>>> **
>>>> **
>>>> ** Stored procedures created:
>>>> **
>>>> **      Name                          Default Location
>>>> **      ----------------------------- ----------------
>>>> **      sp_mda                        sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_datatype_info         sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_columns               sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_tables                sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      jdbc_function_escapes         sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype      sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_function_escapes      sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_fkeys                 sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_exportkey             sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_importkey             sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences    sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getschemas            sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges   sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges    sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_computeprivs          sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs           sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_primarykey            sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_sql_type_name              sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier  sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels    sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo          sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures     sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns   sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns     sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike  sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_default_charset            sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_getudts               sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_class_for_name        sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class         sybsystemprocs
>>>> **      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name           sybsystemprocs
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>>
>>>>> I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so
>> this >>> is from some old memories so fwiw ...
>>>>> - in the scripts directory see if there's a file named
>>>>> something like installjdbc; if you find such a file
>> then >>> have the  DBA run/load it into the dataserver
>>>>> - under the main Sybase software directory look for 1
>> or >>> more directories named jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y
>> are >>> numbers); if there are multiple directories pick
>> the one >>> with the latest/largest number (eg, pick
>> jConnect-4_5 >>> instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the
>> subdirectory named >>> 'sp'; load the *sql script for your
>> version of ASE (eg, >>> sql_server11.sql)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> HManzer wrote:
>>>>>> The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the app
>>>>>> user complains of missing metadata accessor tables
>> for >>>> JDBC connection.
>>>>>> The sybase binaries were the same and the open client
>>>>>> shouldn't have changed.
>>>>>> How to resolve this thing.
0
Mark
6/4/2009 8:56:53 AM
Thanks Mark, It seemed to have resolved the problem.

> I've always run the *sql scripts with the generic isql
> without any problems.  [I've no idea what 'Java isqlApp'
> is ...]
>
> re: no file in the scripts directory ... that's ok
>
> HManzer wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> > thanks for your inputs. I was tempted to run the sql
> > file from isql prompt but the correct procedure is to
> > run from Java isqlApp. Thats why I was asking.
> >
> > For scripts, it has almost everything except JDBC :(
> >
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    1495 Feb  3  1998
> > installmon
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    3205 Aug 14  1998
> > checksvrsuids
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   28428 Aug 14  1998
> > installupgrade
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   83118 Aug 14  1998
> > installsecurity
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    3431 Aug 14  1998
> > installmodel
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin 2121920 Aug 14  1998
> > installmaster
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  149076 Aug 14  1998
> > installdbccdb
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  149109 Aug 14  1998
> > installdbccalt
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   16591 Aug 14  1998
> > installcommit
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  264925 Aug 14  1998
> > ins_syn_sql
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   50887 Aug 14  1998
> > installpubs3
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin   42015 Aug 14  1998
> > installpubs2
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin  469779 Aug 14  1998
> > installpix2
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    1749 Aug 14  1998
> > upgd_cnf.sql
> > -rw-r--r--   1 sybase   sybadmin    2038 Aug 14  1998
> > set_csmd.sql
> > drwxr-xr-x   2 sybase   sybadmin      96 Feb  3  2000
> > iso_1
> >> Over the years Sybase has modified (a few times) how
> they >> ship the JDBC/Jconnect stuff with ASE ...
> different >> directory  structures, different file names,
> etc. >>
> >> Again, I don't have access to a 11.9.x install at the
> >> moment so I'm going by some old memories ... but the
> >> contents of  sql_server.sql looks like what you're
> looking >> for.
> >>
> >> Out of curiosity, what's the list of files from the
> >> scripts directory?
> >>
> >> HManzer wrote:
> >>> Hi,
> >>> One more thing. If I don't have any directory
> structure >>> related to JDBC_HOME or Jconnect, Can I
> still run the >>> sql_server.sql
> >>>
> >>> Thanks.
> >>>
> >>>> Hi Mark,
> >>>>
> >>>> There was neither, But I found a file somewhere in
> our >>>> directory
> >>>> Not sure if this is the only one and what version
> would >>>> make the Jconnect to.
> >>>>
> >>>> ** sql_server.sql
> >>>> **
> >>>> **
> >>>> ** Tables created:
> >>>> **
> >>>> **      Name                    Default Location
> >>>> **      ----------------------- ----------------
> >>>> **      spt_jdbc_table_types    master
> >>>> **      spt_mda                 master
> >>>> **      spt_jtext               master
> >>>> **      spt_jdbc_conversion     master
> >>>> **      spt_jdatatype_info      sybsystemprocs
> >>>> **
> >>>> **
> >>>> ** Stored procedures created:
> >>>> **
> >>>> **      Name                          Default
> Location >>>> **      -----------------------------
> ---------------- >>>> **      sp_mda
>  sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_datatype_info
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_columns
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_tables
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      jdbc_function_escapes
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_convert_datatype
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_function_escapes
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_fkeys
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_exportkey
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_importkey
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getcrossreferences
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getschemas
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getcolumnprivileges
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_gettableprivileges
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_computeprivs
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getcatalogs
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_primarykey
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_sql_type_name
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getbestrowidentifier
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getisolationlevels
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getindexinfo
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_stored_procedures
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getprocedurecolumns
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getversioncolumns
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_escapeliteralforlike
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_default_charset
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_getudts
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_class_for_name
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_jar_for_class
> sybsystemprocs >>>> **      sp_jdbc_jar_by_name
> sybsystemprocs >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Regards
> >>>>
> >>>>> I don't have access to a 11.9.2 software install so
> >> this >>> is from some old memories so fwiw ...
> >>>>> - in the scripts directory see if there's a file
> named >>>>> something like installjdbc; if you find such a
> file >> then >>> have the  DBA run/load it into the
> dataserver >>>>> - under the main Sybase software
> directory look for 1 >> or >>> more directories named
> jConnect-X_Y (where X and Y >> are >>> numbers); if there
> are multiple directories pick >> the one >>> with the
> latest/largest number (eg, pick >> jConnect-4_5 >>>
> instead  of jConnect-4_2); go to the >> subdirectory named
> >>> 'sp'; load the *sql script for your >> version of ASE
> (eg, >>> sql_server11.sql) >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> HManzer wrote:
> >>>>>> The sybase version is 11.9.2. In a new setup, the
> app >>>>>> user complains of missing metadata accessor
> tables >> for >>>> JDBC connection.
> >>>>>> The sybase binaries were the same and the open
> client >>>>>> shouldn't have changed.
> >>>>>> How to resolve this thing.
0
HManzer
6/4/2009 9:58:35 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Proxy table mapping an ASE Table
Hi I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table. I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to do a connection I receive the following error message: 1> forward to remoteServer sp_who 2> go Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0: ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer': No suitable driver (1 row affected) What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Populating ASE tables with data from SQL Anywhere tables
Since all the datatypes(timestamp,varchar greater then 255 char) with SQL Anywhere are not supported by ASE i have problems populating ASE tables with data from SQL Anywhere tables. Both the databases have the same table structure. Could anyone suggest ways of populating ASE 11.9.2 database with data from SQL Anywhere 5.5.04? Thanks Riyaz. I've done this with PowerBuilder pipeline objects. Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY "development credit bank" <sunesara@usa.net> wrote in message news:r$kw7riGAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Since all the ...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

Metadata accessor
Hi, I have the following error on the JDBC log: java.sql.SQLException: JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not found on this database. Please install the required tables as mentioned in the jConnect documentation. I have followed the steps to configured the metadata on ASA instructed in the manual, but WLS6 still give me this error. I am using WebLogic App Server 6 (WLS6) with SP2 on Win2K. Myron Did you try to use the jisql to see if it works or any of the samples? Jay Myron_Tuang wrote: > Hi, > > I have the following error on the JDBC log: ...

ASE and ASE
Could it be possible to take scripts from ASA and load them in an ASE Any information is welcome jean-fran´┐Żois ASA supports a fairly large sub-set of Transact-SQL, so if you write your stored procedures and triggers in ASA using T-SQL, you should be able to create scripts that will run against both ASE and ASA. If you're planning to do this though, I would suggest developing your database schema against ASA, since everything you write in T-SQL in ASA will be supported on ASE, but the reverse is not true. Check out the section in the ASA documentation entitled "Tra...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

Should Metadata be in a Table?
Currently I create my partial class file using the preview wizard web site template. However, when I make changes to the database schema, I have to go back and create a new web site to get the partial class recreated. Of course this also throws away any attributes that I have attached to the tables and fields in the partial classes. What we need is a wizard that will update the partial classes and not throw away the work done. This brings up the question of why use partial classes at all? Why not have all the Metadata in a table in the database? Table Name: Metadata Fields: ...

ASE to ASE
Hi, Is anyone out there doing ASE to ASE replication using SQL remote? If you are have created your own version of the SSEXTRACT utility to set up a replicant database in ASE rather than ASA? Or does anyone know if SYBASE has created a version SSEXTRACT for use with ASE to ASE replication? Thanks in advance Doug Trainer Hi Douglas, I thought the SQL Remote Replication support in ASE11.5 was meant for a consolidate-database only (by design)! At least that was what Sybase said when they announced support for SQL Remote technology support in ASE11.5. I will be happy to...

Table View / ASE 12.5.4, ASE 15.0.2
I have installed the Sybase OCS 15.02 over 12.5.4 and have copied the DLL's as advised by sybase. However, when I try to open a table in an ASE 15 database in Powerbuilder (or Infomaker), the following error is displayed. ct_fetch(): user api layer : internal common library error: The bind of result set item 4 failed due to a syntax error in the source data. I can see the table columns thereafter, but other information such as indices etc is not available. Somehow there is clash between 12.5.4 and 15.02. Does anyone know a solution ? Thanks in advance bryan ...

ASE 15.0 drop range partition from a table without dropping table
How to drop range partition from a table without using drop/create table and reload data?? <loc tran> wrote in message news:4429a7a1.6598.1681692777@sybase.com... > How to drop range partition from a table without using > drop/create table and reload data?? In one of the ASE 15.0 release in the coming months, it'll be possible to drop individual partitions. HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 / TeamSybase Author of ...

ASA To ASE - VS
What are the differents in terms of configuring SQL Remote Between ASA to ASE and ASE To ASE ? You should start with the Help file and then ask specific questions: Data Replication with SQL Remote PART 5. Appendix APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences There are many differences, so begin there. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup BH Ong <bhong@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:01bf4b98$33183580$7ccdc8c8@virtual-branch... > What are the differents in terms of configuring SQL Remote Between ASA to > ASE and ASE To ASE ...

Loading a DB Dump from an ASE 12.5.3 load into ASE 15 remaps TABLE ID's but causes issues for Procedures
Hello, When we load a dump of our database, from our ASE 12.5.3 server into our ASE 15 (same sizes, options etc), we find that the table_ID's are different(newly created), but no mapping exist to the old table id's used. So the newly migrated procedures that depend on these tables and still seem to reference the old table ID's somewhere, fail unless entirely dropped and recreated. SP_RECOMPILE does NOT help! They problem persists. It fails when executed and we can't necessarily recompile all.. Any ideas, please let me know Liz > Hello, > > When...

ASE dummy table
Hi, What is the equivalent for the ASA's DUMMY table in the ASE? (so in PB I could write SELECT @@IDENTITY FROM DUMMY like I can do in ASA ) Igor Using ASE you don't have to use a dummy table. E.g. SELECT 'Today is ', getdate() is valid. /MicK Michael Kramer, SPS Danmark "Igor Rass" <irass@monmouth.com> wrote in message news:ewd6nHcfBHA.105@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > What is the equivalent for the ASA's DUMMY table in the ASE? > (so in PB I could write SELECT @@IDENTITY FROM DUMMY like I can do in ASA ) >...

Web resources about - Metadata accessor tables - sybase.ase.administration

Metadata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Metadata is " data about data". The term is ambiguous, as it is used for two fundamentally different concepts ( types ). Structural metadata ...

Metadata, Content Security: Metadatarisk.org
Metadatarisk.org is a public-benefit site offering information on content security. If you have an article or relevant website that you would ...

Metadata Working Group (MWG)
The MWG publishes technical specifications that describe how to effectively storemetadata into digital media files. These royalty-free specifications ...

Why Metadata Matters: The NSA and the Future of Privacy
Over at Slate, Dahlia Lithwick and Steve Vladeck have a great piece about why "metadata" matters. It is very much worth reading. Here are some ...

TrashExif - Metadata of photo remover with presetting on the App Store on iTunes
Get TrashExif - Metadata of photo remover with presetting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Hillmann's Real Metadata. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos and videos to ...

dekePod Episode 001: Metadata Forensics, What a Crock - YouTube
We all know digital photos can be modified. So much so that, at least in the popular lexicon, Photoshop is synonymous with turning fact into ...

MP urges Bill Shorten to consult more with caucus as Labor agrees to back the Coalition's metadata retention ...
Bill Shorten has been sent a warning shot to fix the way he operates and consult his colleagues more during an extended debate on metadata in ...

Malcolm Turnbull's Sky News interview basically renders the metadata retention laws useless
Mal comms in the middle. After several months of the Abbott Government telling Australians how important the metadata laws are to catch paedophiles ...

Access to metadata is vital for crime fighting: says internet safety advocate
OPINION: Alastair MacGibbon argues access to metadata is vital for criminal investigations, provided proper oversight is in place.

Resources last updated: 11/30/2015 10:50:52 AM