Managing Rep Server through VB

Sorry if this is the wrong group but I can't find a better one.

Here is my problem,
    I am pretty handy with VB.NET but thats about it, C++ just blows my
mind. What I would like to do is to be able to get information about the
size of queues in replication server.

"Easy" I hear you say, "just connect to the rep server with ODBC and issue
some SQL to call things like admin who,sqm ".

Unfortunately ODBC won't connect to Rep Server it just fails because ODBC
trys to do thing RS doesn't understand.

Can anyone suggest a method where I can get a connection to RS that will
allow me to retrieve this information. Are there any hidden switches in
ODBC to stop it doing the things that RS dislikes?
or
Has any glue that would encapsulate Open Client to allow me to call OC from
VB.NET.

Brynn

Brynn wrote
> Unfortunately ODBC won't connect to Rep Server it just fails because ODBC
> trys to do thing RS doesn't understand.

although i dislike m$ and their so-called products
but i myself use ache-cell to build easy diagrams

i use query to connect to the host of the RSSD and do things like
           SELECT q.number, q.type, count(s.partition_id)
                FROM RSSD..rs_databases d, RSSD..rs_queues q,
RSSD..rs_segments s
                WHERE (d.dbid = q.number)
                    and (q.number *= s.q_number)
                    and (q.type *= s.q_type)
                GROUP BY q.number, q.type, d.dbname

easy, eh?

--
pat - solaris rulzzz

0
patrick

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASE and Rep Server Shutdown
Could the group please assist with a response on the proper procedures to shutting down Sybase replication (version 12.0) using rep agents and then shutting down the primary and secondary ASE servers please (version 12.0 and 12.5)? What is the proper method for shutting down the rep server first? Thanks for the feedback, Cynthia What is the purpose for shutdown? There is no incorrect way to shutdown Rep Server anyways, just shutdown it down and it will take care of all the Rep agents, LTM's with it on both the data servers, just that is a thread is reading/writing it w...

Upgrade ASE and Rep Server
It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit. My question is do we have to upgrade both primary and replicate to 64-bit or can replicate remain 32-bit. Rep server is on the replicated machine. TIA Nick <NCousin> wrote in message news:EE15DDA47D104B6D005E1D7585256CFE.005E1DB585256CFE@webforums... > It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a > job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit. My question is > do we have to upgrad...

Rep Server & ASE
Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server 12.5 work with ASE 12.0? Thanks Mike On Fri, 2 May 2003 14:39:10 -0400, mike wrote: >Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server >12.5 work with ASE 12.0? I would check the release bulletins for Rep Server to know for sure. I do know that Rep Server 12.0 works find with ASE 12.5 as long as you aren't using the longer data types available in 12.5. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Hi Mike, We have an instance of the pair(ASE-12_0,REP-12_5) you mentioned below We have ...

Rep Server & ASE
Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE? Thanks Mike <mike> wrote in message news:647FED9ABADEFDD80074105285256C72.0074107B85256C72@webforums... > Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE? Yes. ...

Rep Server and ASE compatibility!
Hi All, Can some one help on the following topics. We have SybaseASE 12.0 and Rep server 12.0 running at 5 sites. One Rep server is designated as ID Server. Now we want to upgrade to ASE 12.5 and REP server 12.5 at each site phases say one site in one phase and then second one in second phase. Can some one give a plan...? Also, - Will Repl server 12.0 can communicat with Rep server 12.5 and ASE 12.5 in case one site is upgraded and others are not ? - Do we need to upgrade ID server first or other servers ? Please if someone can help out in this will be highly obliged....

Rep server with ase 12.5
With ASE 11.9.2 under Linux repserver was working fine. I'm trying to install it on 12.5 ASE. When rs_init install it on a RSSD database on a RSSD server (12.5) I have the following error : 2001/11/18 08:36:42 SQL Server message: msg 156, level 15, state 1 2001/11/18 08:36:42 INTERNAL ERROR: "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'function'. " 2001/11/18 08:36:42 Check the log (/home/replic/REP-12_0/init/logs/log1118.021) for more information. Please make a note of this error and co...

ASE Refresh /Rep Server Steps
Hi all I have a system that is going into production shortly from another enviornment. The existing production environment uses Replication server (MSA). I have set up the new environment and did a dump and load to both primary and secondary servers. Replication is currently running. Now my issue. I need to refresh the new production system when they are ready to cut over to it. What are the steps that I need to do to keep replication server working. Here is my guess: 1. Stop replication (drop defintions or suspend connection, which is better) 2. Dump production and loa...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Setting different directories for ASE and Rep Server.
Hi all, by now, I have always installed Rep-server components into the directory in which my ASE components exist. In other words, the env. variable $SYBASE has always been the main directory for ASE and Replication server components. What I would like to do is to seperate each directory to the different file systems such as "/ase12 " for ASE and "/aserep" for Replication server. The reason underlying this opertaion is to prevent ASE files from overwriting by the Repserver files. Has someone tried that before? Regards. P.S Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.6/P/...

administrative management of a website using asp and vb
 hi I'm creating an administrative management page for my website and i wanted to use the datalist view users postings from an sql database and place accept and delete buttons using the edit template. my problems are: 1. writing code for the accept button click event to move that particular posting(postingID, title, post, dateposted) from one table to another 2. a way to let the administrator know when he logs in, how many new postings are available3. writing code for the db automatically delete data from a table after a specific number of days have elapsed appreciate...

Rep. Server 11.0.2 with ASE?
Hi, I have RS 11.0.2 running on HP-UX 10 and SQLServer 11.0.2. I am thinking of upgrading Sybase to 11.5 ASE. Does anyone know of any incompatibility problems with running 11.5 ASE with RS 11.0.x? THanks for your help! > I have RS 11.0.2 running on HP-UX 10 and SQLServer 11.0.2. I am > thinking of upgrading > Sybase to 11.5 ASE. > Does anyone know of any incompatibility problems with running 11.5 ASE > with RS 11.0.x? No problems. We are running hp-ux 10.20 with RS 11.0.2 and ase 11.5. You may want to upgrade to the latest open client/server (11.1.1) ...

Web resources about - Managing Rep Server through VB - sybase.ase.administration

Managing editor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A managing editor is a senior member of a publication 's management team. In the United States , a managing editor oversees and coordinates ...

Facebook EMEA Director Christian Hernandez Joins White Star Capital As Managing Partner
... in a post on his Facebook page that he was leaving the social network to join early-stage venture-capital firm White Star Capital as a managing ...

Upgraded Tools for Creating and Managing Facebook Ads
The updated versions of Power Editor and Ads Manager make it easier to create, edit and track Facebook ads. See the new tools.

Facebook SPMD Kenshoo names Gary Nafus Managing Director, Americas
... hired Gary Nafus, previously the Vice President of Sales at Oracle Corporation before starting at Kenshoo. Nafus will be the company’s Managing ...

Cravings - Meet your daily calorie goals by managing your craving and by making healthy food choices ...
Get Cravings - Meet your daily calorie goals by managing your craving and by making healthy food choices. Engage in a social experience with ...

Managing the Bailout, 12 February 2009
rappaportcenter's Managing the Bailout, 12 February 2009 set

Google I/O 2011: Managing and visualizing your geospatial data with Fusion Tables - YouTube
Kathryn Hurley, James McGill, Simon Rogers Geospatial data has special requirements that aren't met by traditional database or cloud data storage. ...

Cisco A/NZ appoints Boal as managing director
Cisco A/NZ appoints Boal as managing director ARNnet The appointment comes in the wake of previous managing director, Richard Kitts, moving ...

Coopers Brewery managing director has hands full with imported beer portfolio
The managing director of Coopers Brewery, Tim Cooper, says there might not be room for any extra imported brands in his portfolio.

Managing executive pay (04:31)
Asciano chairman and BHP Billiton director Malcolm Broomhead says the reward structure for executives needs to be simplified as boards come to ...