Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise

*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server
Enterprise and SQL Server
This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server
10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server
11.0.3.
(Oct 17 2001)
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031

*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server
Enterprise
This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with
Open Server versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5, and Adaptive Server Enterprise versions 11.5.x,
11.9.x, 12.0 and 12.5.
(Oct 17 2001)
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013029

--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Open Server Limits (open server 11.1.1ebf7663 & hpxu10.20)
We're in the process of working through some efficiency issues with open server (with the help of Sybase I hope :-), and I was wondering what limits other people have run into with open server. Our problem is that with 200 connections we can get a certain throughput on our open server, but with an additional 200 idle connections we only get 60% of that throughput. In addition to the lack of throughput, we're seeing times(3) return 30% users time, and 70% system time, and a bucket load of select(2) calls/second being done. We don't really have the option of reducin...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

Adaptive Server for SCO-Open Server v5.0
Does anyone know when Sybase is about to publish a version of Adaptive Server for SCO-Unix Open Server v5.0? Right now there is Sybase SQL Server 11.0.3 for SCO-Open Server R3.2 V5.0.2. Thanks in advance, Stelios Karras. ...

Open Client/Server
An easy question here. Are these two products included with the purchase of ASE or are they separate? Thanks in Advance. Hello, Yes, Open Client is installed when you install ASE. If you look in your $SYBASE/bin directory, you should see Open Client utilities like "isql" and "bcp". You can find the version of Open Client on UNIX by: strings -a $SYBASE/lib/libct.a | grep Sybase or on NT by: find /I "Intel" d:\sybase\dll\libct.dll Keven Aldridge wrote: > An easy question here. > > Are these two products included wit...

Open Client/Server Included with ASE?
Are these two products included with the purchase of ASE or are they separate? Thanks in Advance. Keven Aldridge wrote: > > Are these two products included with the purchase of ASE or are they > separate? Open Client comes with it. Open Server is a separate product. -am � 2001 ...

Adaptive Server for SCO-Unix Open Server v5.0
Does anyone know when Sybase is about to publish a version of Adaptive Server for SCO-Unix Open Server v5.0? Right now there is Sybase SQL Server 11.0.3 for SCO-Open Server R3.2 V5.0.2. Thanks in advance, Stelios Karras. ...

ASE and Open Client/Server Compatibility Note
The cover letter for HP 9000/800 12.0.0.2 ESD#1 contains the following statement requiring that Open Client/Server 12.0 EBF 9025 be installed in the SYBASE_OCS directory. When I run the strings command (see compatibiIity statement below) I get the following output: /opt/sybase12.0/OCS-12_0/lib: strings libinsck.sl | grep -i Sybase Sybase Network Driver for TCP/IP Sockets/12.0/P/hpux/HP-UX 11.00/1/OPT/Sat Sep 2 5 21:49:17 1999 Confidential property of Sybase, Inc. Sybase, Inc. All rights reserved. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of...

Cannot read address string from server (Sybase10.04-OPEN CLIENT/SERVER)
Hi, I have SYBASE 10.04 on my PC (Window 95 platform). I would like to connect to SQL Server on my Ultra II (Solaris 2.6, Sybase 11.5). I use SQLEDIT on my PC to do the followings: 1. Select New Server Entry from the sqledit Server menu. 2. In the Input Server Name text box, I entered oeussun4, then click ADD. 3. Enter SUN SERVER tcp/ip address, followed by a comma and the server's listen port number (4100) in Connection's Information/Network Address box. 4. Service Type is master. 5. Platform is Window 95 6. Click Add Service. 7. Click File, Save, Exit. Now I cli...

Does Adaptive Server Anywhere conflict with Adaptive Server Enterprise?
I need to know if the following products can be used simultaneously on NT 4.0 without performing ANY extra configuration steps. Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Network Server Version 6.0.3.3008 Sybase Adaptive Server versions 11.9.2 or 12.x Basically, can I install a product that is using Adaptive Server Anywhere internally onto a system that is already using Adaptive Server Enterprise without causing any problems? (Can I obtain an official answer from Sybase as a response to this post, or must I contact their Sales or Support org directly?) -- Walter Butler wbutler@conc...

Adaptive server enterprise versus adaptive server anywhere
Hi one of our customers uses a SYC Adaptive Server Enterprise DB on a Unix Server. We are developing an application for them but only have adaptive server anywhere. There are some differences (for example uppercase letters of the select statement in DW's and so on.) in the ASE DB compared to the asa DB. Is there any way to emulate the ASE DB in our environment to get the same behaviour. Is it possible to get kind of a developer version? Any ideas? Thanx Josh ASA has a number of compatibility options to make it acts as much like ASE as possible. See Transact-SQL Com...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

novell open enterprise server / ldap / ldap client problem
hi all, i used to work with netware 2.x, 3.x, 4.x and 5.x, but didn't work with novell products for the last 2-3 years. finally with the oes i wanted to give it another try and i like what i see by now ... however, i am in trouble ... the server is up and running, imanager, virtual office, quickfind everything looks ok. i can login using a edirectory user and even the web authentication via ldap works fine. i want to use postfix and cyrus, but when i click on the mail configuration, it tells me that the ldap client needs to be configured first. thats what i try to do now....

Open Client 11.1.1 with Adaptive Server Anywhere
We are trying to install Open Client 11.1.1 and run it with Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0. The problem starts when trying to assign the different service to a "Server Service", which is defaulted to "SQL Server" - we are trying to use it not with Server but SQL Anywhere. Have you ever encountered this problem, and is it possible to find the service name or address somewhere in the configuration? The main reason for installing the Open Client is to connect Brio Reports to my database and be able to use stored procedures. They are only supported when connecte through...

open client & php & ASE
I have a problem when using php to connect ASE via OpenClient. But I dont which newsgroup that would be appropriate for me to post this message. Anyway, I did, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I configured a machine with php, pws and open client. Then the php scripting engine seems working fine. And then I created a file named "sybase.php" to test the connection between the php, open client and ASE. However, the return shows that there is something wrong with the ASE. Afterward, I searched the manuals.sybase.com almost entirely for an answer about the error message. But...

Web resources about - Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise - sybase.ase.administration

Multilateral Interoperability Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. The Multilateral Interoperability ...

Interoperability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interoperability is the ability of diverse systems and organizations to work together (inter-operate). The term is often used in a technical ...

UNH InterOperability Lab - LinkedIn
... job candidates, industry experts and business partners. The UNH-IOL: Improving Networks Worldwide The University of New Hampshire InterOperability ...

National Interoperability Field Operations Guide on the App Store on iTunes
Get National Interoperability Field Operations Guide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Bandwidth Engine - Altera Stratix IV GT FPGA Interoperability Demo by MoSys - YouTube
Welcome to video demonstration of interoperability between MoSys' Bandwidth Engine IC and the Altera Stratix IV GT FPGA. In this demonstration, ...

Cisco survey: Users want video calling interoperability
Cisco survey: Users want video calling interoperability PC World Magazine Most U.S. residents want the ability to place video calls to people ...

Verizon & AT&T planning to roll out VoLTE interoperability next year
... their customers. The carriers, which both previously announced the roll out of VoLTE technology earlier this year, said they expect VoLTE interoperability ...

Interoperability and Openness: Why an Open Cloud is the Only Cloud for the Future
... are particularly valuable here because of their customizability and relatively high compatibility with other solutions. An uptick in interoperability ...

Chrome Update Ushers In Interoperability With Other Google Apps
... its popular Chrome browser for iOS devices with a number of new features and enhancements. Most importantly, version 28.0.1500.12 brings interoperability ...

Verizon, AT&T pledge Voice Over LTE interoperability coming in 2015
The two largest carriers in the U.S., Verizon and AT&T, both announced on Monday that they plan to allow Voice Over LTE connections between customers ...