Install: char set utf8 in ASE resoursce file?

Hi all,

I want to isntall 12.5 ASE on Linux with utf8 character set.
I have no X-server on site, so I use the resource file.
I saw the default character set attribute in Backup Server
resource file: bsrv.character_set: utf8

Is there any utf8 attribute also for ASE resource file?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Y.
0
yoshke

Y wote:
>Is there any utf8 attribute also for ASE resource file?

If this regards changing charset and sortorder for a new server that's
just been built, I usually copy and edit the sqlloc.rs file
($SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/init/sample_resource_files/) and change the
charset/sortorder by executing sqllocres.

sqlloc.rs:
..
..
..
sqlsrv.default_characterset: utf8
..
..
..
sqlsrv.sort_order: utf8_nocase  <---- We use nocase sortorder

$ sqllocres -r sqlloc.rs

Good luck,
/Mattias

0
mh
12/5/2007 8:51:37 AM
Hallo Mattias,
thanks a lot!
:-)

> Y wote:
> >Is there any utf8 attribute also for ASE resource file?
>

> If this regards changing charset and sortorder for a new
> server that's just been built, I usually copy and edit the
> sqlloc.rs file
> ($SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/init/sample_resource_files/) and
> change the charset/sortorder by executing sqllocres.
>

> sqlloc.rs:
> .
> .
> .
> sqlsrv.default_characterset: utf8
> .
> .
> .
> sqlsrv.sort_order: utf8_nocase  <---- We use nocase
> sortorder
>

> $ sqllocres -r sqlloc.rs
>

> Good luck,
> /Mattias

0
yoshke
12/6/2007 3:04:46 PM
Thank you very match, Mattias :-)
Probably I misplaced the revious comment.

Best,
Yoshke

> Good luck,
> /Mattias

0
yoshke

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Does the ASE editon have to be set at install, or can it be changed after installation?
We have installed Sybase ASE using srvbuild and a resource file. We wanted to install the SBE (Small Business Edition), but didn't know how to using the resource file. Is there a resource file attribute for Adaptive Server to install as SBE? Or is this a post installation task? Thank you Do we have to use SYSAM to change from ASE_CORE to SBE (Small Business Edition)? > We have installed Sybase ASE using srvbuild and a resource > file. We wanted to install the SBE (Small Business > Edition), but didn't know how to using the resource file. > Is there a r...

Files installed for ASE client on NT
Greetings, I want to install the ASE 11.5 client (NT) as part of my application's installation. I need to know what files are installed and where, and what Registry entries are created. If any OCXs need to be registered, etc. I need that information too. Please email me a list so I can build my installer. Thanks, Edwin Jaqua ...

Files installed for ASE client on NT #2
Greetings, I want to install the ASE 11.5 client (NT) as part of my application's installation. I need to know what files are installed and where, and what Registry entries are created. If any OCXs need to be registered, etc. I need that information too. Please email me a list so I can build my installer. Thanks, Edwin Jaqua ...

convert float to char (ASE 11.9.2 , ASE 11.9.3)
declare @n float select @n = 12.001 select convert(varchar(20), @n) go isql returned -------------------- 12.000999999999999 Why? MS SQL 6.5 returns 12.001 Thanks Ivan Rubinov This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------B8833FC9B364722D034F7974 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit First, when converting from an imprecise numeric (FLOAT, REAL) you should be using the str() function, rather than convert. The floating point datatype cannot store 12.001 exactly. The convert is displaying the value that is ...

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

Where to find ASE 11.5 Client runtime installation files
Hi, Where can I find documentation for all related files needed for client installation? DB Server version : 11.5 Target platform : win95/98 Installation tool : InstallShield free edition 5.0 Thanks , ASAP cslook ...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

Installing ASE
We downloaded the evaluation of ASE 12.5. When setup.exe is clicked, it says its starting the Studio Installation in a command window, however when the command window disappears nothing else happens. Our Environment: Windows 2003 Server, 120 Evaluation with latest Microsoft Service Packs. You are most likely hitting the Java / Pentium 4 issue. See this techdoc: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013241 Mark Kusma http://www.sybase.com/support/aboutsupport/otherservices <jmueller@navintconsulting.com> wrote in message news:42cd5e93.672b.1681692777@sybase.com... &g...

ASE installation
Hi : When we install the sybase server, is it compulsory that we should set the unix (AIX 4.2) server to asynchronous I/o? W set it,but it won't take effect until we reboot the unix server. and now we can't reboot becos, many users are on the unix box. Arthi. ...

Web resources about - Install: char set utf8 in ASE resoursce file? - sybase.ase.administration

There's An Uber for That - Inc.com
The ride-hailing company's $40 million valuation has inspired a flood of Uber-like startups.

How Lyft Learned to Stop Worrying and Embrace the Pivot - Inc.com
John Zimmer explains how he turned his fledgling campus carpool service into Lyft.

Independent Rush boycott group coordinated with Media Matters
... Beck regarding boycott strategy. Carusone’s Beck boycott background and access to Media Mattters databases of Limbaugh advertisers and resoursces ...

CRIME AGAINST WOMEN - LAW RESOURCE INDIA
Posts about CRIME AGAINST WOMEN written by NNLRJ INDIA

Getting here
Getting Here & Getting Around At the centre of the Northwest’s motorway network and with Manchester Airport www.manchesterairport.co.uk just ...

Related Links - American Parkinson Disease Association
Home Related Links Contact Us KEEP IN TOUCH WITH APDA facebook American Parkinson Disease Association Inc. TO EASE THE BURDEN TO FIND THE CURE ...

Arlington Middle School / Homepage
District Home Select a School... Select a School Abess Park Elementary Alden Rd. Exc Student Center Alfred I. Dupont Middle Alimacani Elementary ...

legislations laws related to women
Newsletter subscription status About NLRD Womens Rights Initiative supreme court latest orders and judgements high court latest orders and judgements ...

Innovation Accounting: Secret to Fast Growth - Inc.com
Entrepreneur Eric Ries says you should change the way you measure growth to find out if you're truly about to make it big.

All Systems Grow - Inc.com
When an opportunity presents itself, are you ready? Your marketing plan needs to have the flexibility and scalability that can help you convert ...