How to view/increase Maximum number of connections

Hi,
How do you view the maximum number of connections set for an
ASE Server?
And is it possible to increase the number??

Regards,
Anand Vijai

For your info We use DBArtisan to work on the ASE Server
0
Anand

To view:
sp_configure 'number of user connections'

To change:
sp_configure 'number of user connections', 500 -- to set it to 500...

HTH,

Rob
Rob Verschoor

Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0
and Replication Server 12.5 / TeamSybase

Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop):
"Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE"
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"

mailto:rob@YOUR.SPAM.sypron.nl.NOT.FOR.ME
http://www.sypron.nl
Sypron B.V., P.O.Box 10695, 2501HR Den Haag, The Netherlands

<Anand Vijai> wrote in message news:41bf03af.46e4.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
> How do you view the maximum number of connections set for an
> ASE Server?
> And is it possible to increase the number??
>
> Regards,
> Anand Vijai
>
> For your info We use DBArtisan to work on the ASE Server

0
Rob
--------------070507080906040707090701

Anand,

In DBArtisan:
Explorer-><your server name>->Server->Configuration->number of user
connections
->double click for changing -> New value ->OK->reboot server for 11.9,
12.0 (non-dynamic),
no need for reboot for 12.5.

HTH,
Eugene

Anand Vijai wrote:

>Hi,
>How do you view the maximum number of connections set for an
>ASE Server?
>And is it possible to increase the number??
>
>Regards,
>Anand Vijai
>
>For your info We use DBArtisan to work on the ASE Server

--------------070507080906040707090701

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Anand,<br>
In DBArtisan:<br>
Explorer-&gt;&lt;your server
name&gt;-&gt;Server-&gt;Configuration-&gt;number of user connections<br>
-&gt;double click for changing -&gt; New value -&gt;OK-&gt;reboot
server for 11.9, 12.0 (non-dynamic), <br>
no need for reboot for 12.5.<br>
HTH,<br>
Eugene<br>
Anand Vijai wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Hi,
How do you view the maximum number of connections set for an
ASE Server?
And is it possible to increase the number??

Regards,
Anand Vijai

For your info We use DBArtisan to work on the ASE Server
  </pre>

--------------070507080906040707090701--
0
Eugene
12/14/2004 4:09:34 PM
Hi

sp_configure "number of connections"

will give you the necessary info

If you need to increase /decrease give

sp_configure "number of connections" , myconnectionfigure

this will need a sybase server reboot for version < 12.5

regards
harish.

> Hi,
> How do you view the maximum number of connections set for
> an ASE Server?
> And is it possible to increase the number??
>
> Regards,
> Anand Vijai
>
> For your info We use DBArtisan to work on the ASE Server
0
harishwaingankar

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

increase number of connections
how can I set the limit or increase the number of connection to server? should I go to to ASA ISQL and run a command? thanks in advance, I'll assume you are running v6 or great, since you mention "ASA" and not "SQL Anywhere". This answer does not apply to v5 (or Watcom SQL for that matter, if anyone even remembers what that is). Assuming that you have purchased licenses to allow more connections to the database server, you can change the number of licensed users on the database server by using the dblic utility. Note that if you are running the...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

increase number of user connections
Hi folks, I have a SUN E4500 with 2 CPU and 4GB RAM with 2 ASE 11.9.2 (datapopulation and one standby)and a Replicationserver. (max online engines 1 because 2 CPU). With SELECT @@max_connections I get 1014. The following web-application needs approx. 3000 user connections, but I can configure only ca. 800. by the way: I've try it with ulimit -Sn 1024, but without success - the value from @@max_connections dosn't change Is there any way to increase the number of user connections without build in new CPUs (and increase max online engines)? hope for your help In...

increase number of user connections
Hi folks, I have a SUN E4500 with 2 CPU and 4GB RAM with 2 ASE 11.9.2 (datapopulation and one standby)and a Replicationserver. (max online engines 1 ) with SELECT @@max_connections I get 1014. The following web-application need approx. 3000 user connections, but I can configure only ca. 800. by the way: I've try it with ulimit -Sn 1024, but without success the value from @@max_connections dosn't change Is there any way to increase the number of user connections without build in new CPUs (and increase max online engines)? hope for help Ingmar ...

Maximum number of connection caches
I set the mximum number of connection caches to 20. But, to play it save, I want to set it to a bigger number. Then that would taking more Jaguar source. So please anyone can suggest : what is the maximum number of connection caches allowed in Jaguar setup, with that not affect its performance. Thanks, Jack How long is a piece of string? ;-) General rule is set it high enough that you dont use all your connections and interfere with other apps ( if any ) and set the cache to JAG_CM_FORCE so that you can go above your cache but they will be disconncted when finsihed. ...

Increasing number of proxy connections
Hi, I've got a problem with our BM3.8 Ir4 server's reverse proxy. According to the proxy cache stats the number of active connections just keeps on going up and up and then the server eventually looses communication, it can't even ping itself. The server is used as a reverse proxy for our internal website's and other services and the cache using has about 300 or so connections, i've now seen it as high as 9000. According to TCP stats the connections are coming from all over the place, are we being attacked by a bot net? to Any suggestions are welcome! Thank...

What is the maximum number of concurrent connections?
I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5. The standalone engine apparently supports only 10 connections, which is way too low for the application I have. Assuming a 1-user license and all connections coming from the same machine, how many concurrent connections does the network server support? Unfortunately, the network server is not included in the trial version, so I can't experiment with it. I apologize if this question has been already answered elsewhere, I was not able to find an FAQ for this newsgroup. Thanks, Alexey Lef alexey@raleigh.ibm.com >I dow...

Setting the maximum number of connection
How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers. I am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect that came with it. I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to find the solution. Help! Thank you, Oliver Hi Oliver, jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation. So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation. So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection pooling. You need to implement that yourself or ...

increase number of user connections
Hi folks, I have a SUN E4500 with 2 CPU and 4GB RAM with 2 ASE 11.9.2 (datapopulation and one standby)and a Replicationserver. (max online engines 1 ) with SELECT @@max_connections I get 1014. The following web-application need approx. 3000 user connections, but I can configure only ca. 800. Is there any way to increase the number of user connections without build in new CPUs (and increase max online engines)? hope for help Ingmar by the way: I've try it with ulimit -Sn 1024, but without success the value from @@max_connections dosn't change Ingmar_Pfeiffer wrot...

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

The maximum number of connections have already been opened.
Hi, Sirs! We are working with open client sybase 12.5.2. We have an application that access database server in many times by second. After a period of time, we have the following error message : The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Anyone knows what is wrong? Is it with open client configuration or sybase server configuration? Thanks in advance. One application opens many database connections ? I don't know if there is a limit on the number of connections that one application can open, but there is surely a limit on the number of connections ...

Maximum Number of concurrent connected users
Any advice, guidelines, experience running on NT SSA 5.5 or ASA 6.0. Thanks, jb I've gotten to 1500 when I was checking some things out. But, the connections didn't do anything. It depends on a lot of factors: hardware speed, hardware bandwidth, memory, database size, type of users, type of queries, quality of database design, etc. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX Jeff Black <jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com> wrote in article <hI$y9lSJ#GA.320@forums.powersoft.com>... > Any advice, guidelines, expe...

HELP: Maximum Number of Connections are in USE??!!!
Hi All We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will like to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over 10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in use.". But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is 5000. How could this error happens? We just can't...

How to specify the maximum number of connections to server ?
I want to specify the maximum number of connections to my server I try to make it with Transport object properties: Transport.Driver = "winsock" Transport.Location = "localhost" Transport.Options = "MaxServerConnections=4" Why it does not work ? Yuri Denshchik wrote: > I want to specify the maximum number of connections to my server > I try to make it with Transport object properties: > > Transport.Driver = "winsock" > Transport.Location = "localhost" > Transport.Options = "MaxServerConnection...

Default number of user connections to ASE
Hi I have a 30 user licence of my ASE 11.5 I would like to know the number of user connections that are taken up by default by the server. And how many user connections do I need to account for , before deciding upon the number of actual client connections (say, from a PB application) Thanx Anil Output of select @@version is : Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5/P/Nt/OS 4.00/1/fbu Anil wrote: > > Hi > > I have a 30 user licence of my ASE 11.5 > I would like to know the number of user connections that are taken up by > default by the server. And how many...

Maximum Number of Connections Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� This may be a limitation of the web server you are using, particularly if you are using the Personal Web Server shipped with the product. The PWS is intended to be used for developement of your web site on a single ...

maximum number of connections have already been opened
Hi there, Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to ASE databases on Linux. The following error come up frequently. Please help ! Internal Server Error 500 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Exception: EDBEngineError Message: General SQL error. ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Alias: FOLIOSB KL Tse wrote: > > Hi there, > > Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to >...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� Hi, I forgot to give you my environment: EAServer 3.5 Build 35036 (Developer Edition) Database: ASA 6.0.3.2887 or MS Access 97 Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Please could anyone give me a hint how to avoid these res...

NNTP error: Maximum number of connections reached
A News (NNTP) error occurred: Maximum number of connections reached. (newsfe08.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2) I have started getting the above error message from my cox.net NNTP server. I use Cox, Mozilla, and Microsoft news servers, but only get the error message on the Cox server. Is there a setting in Seamonkey that I'm missing? BTW, I've used the Cox server for several years and just started getting this error. I think it's a Cox problem and have requested support, but thought I'd attack the problem from this side as well. Thanks, -- Tom - Vista, CA TO...

Web resources about - How to view/increase Maximum number of connections - sybase.ase.administration

Ritchie Yorke recounts John Lennon, Yoko Ono connection - The Courier-Mail Search Search
IN THE old-school days of rock ’n’ roll journalism, savvy interviewers got to spend time with interviewees, get to know them, hang out backstage ...

'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2 spoilers: ‘Flight 462’ connection teased in new promo
Travis and his group will travel in a yacht in “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2.

The French connection
A FRENCH-SPEAKING Tasmania is not quite as out-landish a concept as it at first appears, considering we came extremely close to being a French ...

'Who made you Pope?': Donald Trump, Jeb Bush and the Caddyshack connection
The 1980s comedy tells us something about the relationship between Donald Trump and Jeb Bush.

Improved call quality coming to Hangouts for Android via peer-to-peer connection
Improved Hangouts is one of the most common requests from Android users. According to a rumor late last year, Google is working on making it ...

Anchorage man arrested in connection with January armed robberies
Police say a 24-year-old Anchorage man has been arrested in connection with two armed robberies and one attempted robbery at the end of January. ...