how to release aux scan descriptors

About aux scan descriptors

When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following
result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about
this. Thanks in advance

Usage information at date and time: Mar  7 2002 10:27AM.

Name                            # Free      # Active    % Active    # Max
Ever Used  Re-used
------------------------------  ----------  ----------  ----------
---------------  -------
number of aux scan descriptors  13594       6406        32.03       6407
   NA

(return status = 0)
0
bluebird_zq

Why do you think they are not being released?  The stats you show have on
32% active at the time of the snapshot.

<bluebird_zq> wrote in message
> About aux scan descriptors
>

> When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following
> result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about
> this. Thanks in advance
>
> Usage information at date and time: Mar  7 2002 10:27AM.
>
> Name                            # Free      # Active    % Active    # Max
> Ever Used  Re-used
> ------------------------------  ----------  ----------  ----------
> ---------------  -------
> number of aux scan descriptors  13594       6406        32.03       6407
>    NA
>
> (return status = 0)

0
Eric
3/11/2002 3:09:00 PM
test
0
aa
3/12/2002 8:32:26 PM
Hello,

We have run to the porblem, with "aux scan descriptors" growing and never
getting free in ASE 12.5. Is there any solution out there?

Thank you,
Mehdi
0
Mehdi

About aux scan descriptors
When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about this. Thanks in advance Usage information at date and time: Mar 7 2002 10:27AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 13594 6406 32.03 6407 NA (return status = 0) ...

number of aux scan descriptor
Hi, Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.1/EBF 14374 ESD#3/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1501/2410/64-bit/FBO/Thu Apr 19 14:00:44 2007 We are frequently getting "number of aux scan descriptor" errors. stating required numbers are not there eg: This query requires 32 auxiliary scan descriptors, but currently there are only 30 auxiliary scan descriptors available. Either raise the value of the 'number of aux scan descriptors' configuration parameter or try your query later. sp_monitorconfig gives incorrect results 1> sp_monitorconfig "number of aux scan descr...

number of aux scan descriptors
Below is the output from my sp_monitorconfig. Will the #Max Ever value ever show more than what the server configuration is set at? Usage information at date and time: Jul 2 2001 11:08AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 25 0 0.00 25 BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone? joe jbuhl@peerdigital wrote... > BTW. Is the old performance and tuning...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE future releases
Greetings... Is there a document anywhere, or does anyone know, what the future ASE release plans might be? I have found end-of-life notices, but cannot find anything regarding future plans. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, TJ "TJ Grossmith" <terrance.grossmith@trizetto.com> wrote in message news:4538d96e$1@forums-1-dub... > Greetings... > > Is there a document anywhere, or does anyone know, what the future ASE > release plans might be? I have found end-of-life notices, but cannot find > anything regarding future plans. > > ...

Delay of ASE Releases
After 2 months of assurances that ASE 12.0.0.2 ESD #1 was on track for release the week of 2/5/2001 (originally 1/6/2001). Sybase informed us yesterday morning that: "all ASE releases are on hold. There is no announcement on when the 12.0.0.2 ESD #1 will be released." An information blackout then ensued until late yesterday afternoon when the following statement was finally issued: "We (Sybase) have delayed these releases because a number of customers have reported a lack of clarity in SWR Coverletters and some confusion relating to the installation of recent ...

ASE 15 release
when ASE 15 will be release to users?? Per Mark Kusma (?) in the ase15.beta newsforum it is scheduled for mid-September. On the other hand I suppose you could still sign up as a beta tester. "Isabella Ghiurea" <ighiurea@vic.hia.nrc.ca> wrote in message news:42791e32$1@forums-2-dub... > when ASE 15 will be release to users?? ...

Courses for ASE administrator
Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE. Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not suitable due to duration. Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA. Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible. Would consider any geographic location except India. Would like...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE Data Provider release?
Is ASE ADO.NET Data Provider going to be released according to the schedule - Dec 2003? We really need this for our ASE12.5 database now. Where can I download the latest release? Regards, Adam It is going to be a part of the ASE Client SDK scheduled to be released in Dec Did you participate in the beta ? Do you already have a beta copy ? Please send me email at Ashish.Mahajan@sybase.com Thanks, Ashish "Adam" <webmaster@finpa.com.au> wrote in message news:3fa9e867@forums-1-dub... > Is ASE ADO.NET Data Provider going to be released according to the...

Delay of ASE Releases #2
A message was posted earlier today stating that Sybase Tech Support indicated all ASE releases were being delayed. This is correct, but should not be a cause for alarm. Sybase has decided to delay the release of ASE 11.9.2.4 ESD #2 and 12.0.0.2 ESD #1. We (Sybase) have delayed these releases because a number of customers have reported a lack of clarity in SWR Coverletters and some confusion relating to the installation of recent ASE SWRs. We understand that our customers rely on a simple and trouble-free SWR installation process and that any problems in this process can impact our...

Explore as Administrator PowerToy released.
Have you ever tried to use Windows Explorer to create a folder within or copy a file into a protected folder such a Program Files or Windows and had to deal with the confusing "File Operation" dialog box before you could complete your task. This is one of the most confusing and poorly understood features of User Account Control. When running as a administrator with UAC enabled, your standard user token does not have write permissions to these protected folders. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/explore-as-administrator-powertoy-released#more-4812 -- "If U know ne...

Web resources about - how to release aux scan descriptors - sybase.ase.administration

Descriptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel descriptor sparks boycott threat
ISLAMIC nations furious over the Abbott government's policy shift on Israeli settlements have warned they could boycott Australian farm exports ...

Wine: Flavour descriptors move to bottles' front labels
in a bold move, some wine producers have started printing flavour information prominently on the front

Most SBC Pastors Reluctant to Use 'Great Commission Baptists' Descriptor
Contrary to the recent recommendation by a Southern Baptist Convention task force that the denomination introduce an "informal" optional title ...

A Quite Recent Obsession: On Constitutional Descriptors
... describe things as “constitutional,” and “unconstitutional.” They talk about the “Bill of Rights” and the “Second Amendment.” These descriptors ...

CinemaCon: MPAA And NATO Chiefs Talk Up New Ratings Descriptors
The film industry’s two chief lobbyists stayed on message at a brief press conference this afternoon that mostly dealt with the movie ratings ...

‘Middle Class’ Disappears: Political Strategists Use ‘Everyday Americans’ As A New Descriptor For The ...
... with family and friends on holidays. But that reality has quickly dissipated; what is left in its wake has yet to be named an accurate descriptor. ...

Why the Word ‘Merry’ Is Used For Christmas in the U.S. When Other Holidays Use the Descriptor ‘Happy’ ...
Linguist Arika Okrent and illustrator Sean O’Neill verbally and visually explain why the word “merry” is used in conjunction with Christmas , ...

Body, Structure, Grip: What Wine Descriptors Really Mean
Whether you're reading off a list, getting an expert's recommendations, or browsing the aisles of a liquor store, it's rare to talk about wine ...

New Yorker Deletes ‘Uppity’ Descriptor from Ted Cruz Article
The New Yorker’ s John Cassidy used the word “uppity” to describe Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in an article on the early GOP presidential hopeful ...