How to move data from AIX db to Linux db, same DB Version

Is there an easy way to do this for an entire database? BCP is giving me
problems and the database has 234 tables, 281 Stored procedures, etc etc. I
need data, indexes, sp, etc.

The database dump command seems to dump to binary compatibility only.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This problem has been bugging me for about
3 weeks now and its about to become one of those urgent, priority one
problems which management just loves.

TIA,

Bill

0
Bill

BMC Sqlbacktrack has a logical dump feature which does a good job, but the
sqlbacktrack license may not be cheap.
Using DBSchema and bcp is the best way possible.
make sure you are using a good EBF of openclient which avoids the BCP errors.
Also there may be a freeware server-server bcp which uses memory variables and
avoids use of a file.

Bill Long wrote:

> Is there an easy way to do this for an entire database? BCP is giving me
> problems and the database has 234 tables, 281 Stored procedures, etc etc. I
> need data, indexes, sp, etc.
>
> The database dump command seems to dump to binary compatibility only.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. This problem has been bugging me for about
> 3 weeks now and its about to become one of those urgent, priority one
> problems which management just loves.
>
> TIA,
>
> Bill

0
Ivan

membership DB, profile DB, and role DB
I use the following code to programatically cycle through each record in an mdb database and create users with the Membership.CreateUser method.  The code also creates a profile for the same user before moving to the next record.  The membership and profile DB is on an SQL 2000 server. How can I assign all these users to the role of user in this section of code? Also any idea why only 104 out of 148 records are added to the Membership table while all 148 profiles are created?  A sample record would be:UserName      DIST    ...

DB DB LG ML PR DB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg WTF!!! -- Strong Bo "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) Play it again... then you'll understand. Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg That's one of the more brain-damaged Youtube clips I've seen, yet kinda catchy! -- Bruce ...

DB accessing problems after moving the DB
Hi guysI just moved my system from a workstation to a notebook. So far so good. But that's the beginning of my trouble. I backed up all databases I need for my developing work installed the SQL Server (Dev Edition) on the notebook an restored the databases. Following to that I enabled the Shared Memory, the TCP/IP and the Named Pipes for the Instance. When I now try to run an ASP.Net Website using one of my databases I'm getting this error message:Cannot open database "DatabaseName" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\user.name'. ...

Move large table from DB to DB
I have a table of approx 1/2 million rows. On a nightly basis, this table gets rebuilt in a temporary database. Once the table has been built and scrubbed, i need to move it into our webservers db. I'd like to do this with minimal interuption to the website. Possible techniques: 1) I could set up a DTS package to copy the table object overwriting the destination table 2) I could export to a flat file and then bulk import into the live table (after truncating it) 3) I could run a process to update smaller chunks of data at a time running delete queries and insert queries. ...

Moving JIRA DB to Bugzilla DB...
Hi, I need to move a JIRA DB to a Bugzilla DB. Is there any direct method to do this? The only way I see to do this is the following: * Dump JIRA DB to XML document using the JIRA export * Translate the JIRA XML document to Bugzilla XML document using XSL * Import Bugzilla XML document into Bugzilla The real work is the translation step. Is this the best method? Regards, John Kirchner jkirchner@austin.rr.com jkirchner@austin.rr.com wrote: > The only way I see to do this is the following: > * Dump JIRA DB to XML document using the JIRA export > * Translat...

Cant save user data to db after postback
Hi, I'm very new to .net - my page has a drop down list and a few textbox and other controls underneath. The values of those controls are loaded from a db depending on which item in the drop down list is selected (i.e. I am auto posting back after the drop down list selected item changes) I have managed to get everything working except being able to save any new data that has been changed by the user in the textbox and other controls. I have hunted the problem down to it being something to do with the postback and loading the db data every load or something (code at end of page lo...

Copy data from table in one DB to another DB
Hello all. From within a PB8 application I am trying to copy a select number of rows from an ASA8 database table to a SQL Server 2000 database table. I am having some difficulty with this since: 1. The table name is not known at the time the application is compiled. (without going into lots of detail, I can say that temporary tables are created in the ASA8 database and the SQL Server database by the user, using another product) The source and destination tables are structuraly identical. 2. The source table always has a Long Binary column in i...

C# function/method to synchronize Data in Oracle DB when SQL Server DB Table data changes
Hi Like to take help in implementing below functionality between Oracle Database and SQL Server may be using C# function Requirement It is required to update/synchronize data in Oracle DB Table when data in Table on SQL Server changes/updated. Solution: Option 1) using SQL Server Integration Services : It is feasible to use SSIS and a Trigger on Table in Oracle to update Table. Option 2) writing a C# function/method to connect to SQL Server DB first and read updates from Table, store them in DataTable. write changes/updates to Table in Oracle Database T...

How do you transfer data from local MSDE db to hosted Sql db?
Hi all, Now that I've put together the beginnings of a portal [2.1.2] on my local machine I would like to transfer the setup/data to a host server. To start I created a db on the remote server, uploaded my DNN files from the local DNN folder to my wwwroot folder on the server, modified the connection string to access the site and after some adjustments and a great deal of help from JDC brought up a new install of DNN. Of course this is because all my data is still in the db on my local machine. Thinking it would be no big deal to move the data over I was not deterred. Low and behold I...

Changing the ASPNET db to My own db
dear folks,  I want to add a login control and users login to my own db,instead of aspnetdb it creates when you add a login control to your page.I mean there is provider setting in website administration bubt it does not say which db to store user information.Or if you use asp_reqsql is it for all applications wide? I want to make it different for project basis.  Thanks This post helps answering what you want to do http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/Using_ASPNET_20_Membership_API_with_SQL_Server_2000.aspxVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  Y...

Check db before move items from listbox1 to listbox2 or save them into db
I have two listboxes: listbox1 retrieve rows from tblProfileUsers and listbox2 receive users from listbox1 to save them into the same table tblProfileUsers, but users must have an unique profile associate to him. So I need that my web form checks if selected users already are on tblProfileUsers and block operation before they saved with a 2nd or 3rd profiles. I´m using VSTS with SQL 2005. Check out the SQL Exists function.  Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum hi first you could use select cout statement  to ...

web db and main db
I have a website db and the main company db. Both are ASA8. My query is how do i maintain my inventory records in my main db when I sell items on the web? can stored procedures be used across 2 different connections? Would appreciate some guidance how to achieve this. Thanks See the ASA SQL User's Guide, 15. Accessing Remote Data. You will create a remote server, and proxy tables and/or remote procedures, on the web db so it can see and write to the main db. Richard "MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote in message news:401687aa$1@forums-1-dub... > ...

Local DB into ASA DB
HI Gurus, Is there any way I can convert my local ASA DB to network database, for example can I convert EASDEMODB.db into server database. I am using a local database for my application and I want to convert that DB to server DB. Thanks in Advance Vino As posted in ASE newsgroup Vino What yo want to do in not dependent on the database file, but on the engine you use. Any database can be started up in two ways: For only local connection, use dbeng?.exe (? signifies ASA version) in your start line. For network connections, use dbsrv?.exe. Bart wrote: > H...

db 5 and db 6
if the db create by sql anywhere 5 can be opened by adapter anywhere 6 Yes. ASA7 can even read SQLAnwhere 5 files. To use some of the new features of 6 or 7 you would have to upgrade the 5 database. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "lhl" <liuhualiang@is.dlrin.edu.cn> wrote in message news:uHBaP#KfBHA.235@forums.sybase.com... > if the db create by sql anywhere 5 can be opened by adapter anywhere 6 > > ...

Web resources about - How to move data from AIX db to Linux db, same DB Version - sybase.ase.administration

Authorized King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title page to the 1611 first edition of the Authorized Version Bible by Cornelis Boel shows the Apostles Peter and Paul seated centrally ...

Journalist Samples the Holiday Version of ‘Disciplinary Loaf’
... his peers. Politico colleagues Josefa Velasquez and Bill Mahoney , for a Christmas party in Albany, used the recipe to create a cupcake version ...

Kurt Warner: 2015 Cardinals better version than 2008
Kurt Warner talks about how different the 2015 Arizona Cardinals are compared to his 2008 Super Bowl team.

Lenovo launches business versions of MIIX 700 and Yoga 900
... positioned the device as an alternative to Microsoft’s Surface. The Business Edition of this device retains the design of the original version ...

Microsoft might launch a slim Xbox One version to take on the Apple TV
Microsoft is rumored to be prepping a slimmer Xbox One console that may launch next year to compete directly against Apple’s brand new Apple ...

Distributing a beta version of an iOS app
I am not an iOS expert by any means, but recently I’ve had to maintain an iOS app and distribute it to beta testers. I had to jump through a ...

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy releasing compilation of Peel Sessions, shares new version of "Rich Wife Full of ...
by Andrew Sacher Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (aka Will Oldham) is releasing Pond Scum on January 22 via Drag City. It's a collection of Peel Sessions ...

Only a tiny fraction of Android smartphones are running the latest version of Google's operating system ...
Three months after its launch, the latest version of Android is on just 0.5% of Android smartphones. Google published figures earlier this week ...

HCWD unveils white-concrete version of portable LED lamp
New York-based HCWD Studio has released a white-concrete version of its cordless Brick lamp, which is activated by movement rather than a switch ...

Samsung is releasing gold and platinum versions of its Gear S2 watch
Samsung's Gear S2 was surprisingly one of the best smartwatches we've tried so far. It may run Tizen, but it also has a wonderful interface thanks ...