How to Know the last access date and Time for Sybase Users

Auditor want to know when the users accessed the sybase
server last time.  We don't have any login auditing enable.

Require experts help ...
0
Gaurav

Easiest method ...

> Auditor want to know when the users accessed the sybase
> server last time.  We don't have any login auditing enable.

1 - enable auditing of logins (don't forget the assorted overhead of
managing space usage in the sybsecurity database)

2 - write a login trigger (stored proc) to dump 'login' info to a home
grown auditing table

> Require experts help ...

Oh, in that case ... show the auditor to a desk (preferably with a PC,
or terminal, that has a live connection to the dataserver in question)
.... show him/her how to run sp_who, followed by 'select getdate()' ...
show him/her how to run sp_who, followed by 'select getdate()', again
.... show him/her how to run sp_who, followed by 'select getdate()',
again ... show him/her how to run sp_who, followed by 'select
getdate()', again ... (keep repeating until they get the gist of the
operation) ... make sure they have a big pad of paper and plenty of
sharpened pencils ... then tell 'em to keep score of who they see logged
in and when.  If the auditor needs to know with 100% accuracy when *ALL*
logins occurred ... recommend to them not to drink a lot of coffee
before they come to work ... unless, of course, there's a PC/terminal in
the little DBA's room.
0
Mark
7/27/2005 2:24:14 AM
> Auditor want to know when the users accessed the sybase
> server last time.  We don't have any login auditing
> enable.

If you don't have auditing enabled then there is no way that
I know of to get this information after the fact.

If your auditors require this information for the future
you'll need to enable auditing, and set up a process to save
the audit data somewhere when the sybsecurity database fills
up.

Michael
0
mpeppler
7/27/2005 6:47:51 AM
you could also use trace flag 4013.
for each login, this will send login information to the
errorlog.

then we need not worry about auditing.
0
Ashish
7/27/2005 8:36:18 AM
can also use trace flag 4013.

this will write info to the errorlog for each login.

this way, we can avoid the disadvantages (mainly
maintenance) of auditing.
0
ashish
7/27/2005 8:38:47 AM
In fact, You can use sp_modifylogin loginname,'login script',your procedure.
<ashish> д����Ϣ����:42e74812.3dbb.1681692777@sybase.com...
> can also use trace flag 4013.
>
> this will write info to the errorlog for each login.
>
> this way, we can avoid the disadvantages (mainly
> maintenance) of auditing.

0
hobbylu
7/28/2005 8:55:06 AM
Or enable the dynamic configuration by:

sp_configure  "log audit logon success", 1
go
0
TDN

Last Access Date/Time
Hi, Is there anyway to find out the last access date/time stamp for any database table in ASE 12.5 ? Thanks in advance. Regards, MSW Auditing. -bret MSW wrote: > > Hi, > Is there anyway to find out the last access date/time stamp for any > database table in ASE 12.5 ? > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > > MSW ...

Is there any way to know the last access time of a table?
I have some junk tables in my database, but I am not sure if they are really not in use. Does sql server log the last time that a table gets accessed? when I say access I mean any actions toward the table, including select, update, insert, etc.thanks in advance. I am unsure about your answer, but you can log it manually to a table by generating stored procedures for selecting/updating/etc.  Specializing in ASP.NET 2.0 thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that too but I can't possibly rewrite all codes across the application for this. also it may be too resource intensive. sho...

Last access date & time of files
Hi, When we look at the properties of a files, the last access date is modified but the last access time always display 00:00. Is it normal? We are running GW 6.5 SP2. Regards, Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances Yep, last access time is a recent and well hidden addition to the API's Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > Yep, last access time is a recent and well hidden addition to the API's Agreed, its presence is not well documented and I found it when looking ...

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

How do you know the last date/time update stats is run on a table?
regards, Abel The nitty-gritty is in sysstatistics. An SP that generates the output below is my sp_newstats proc in the dba.sql file at http://www.bossconsulting.com/sybase_dba/ However you better read the Installation Guide first since other procs also have to be loaded. A quicker way would be to use the code and strip off the execution of sp_date, etc. that prettyprints the dates. sp_newstats CURRENT DATE/TIME -------------------------------- May 6, 2001 (08:40:53 AM) THERE ARE 48 STATISTICS ROWS FOR 9 SYSTEM TABLES IN systatistics. THERE ARE 4...

Membership.GetUser() does not update the last-activity date/time stamp for the user
I am writing the "Who is online" function for my application and found that Membership.GetUser() does not update the last-activity date/time stamp for the user as expected. This make my application considers a user offline after he/she logs into the system after the number of minutes specified in the "userIsOnlineTimeWindow" property (even he/she is still working in the application). I have searched on web all day and found no clues on this problem.Has anyone encountered the same kind of problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a lot.  Membership.GetUs...

Retrieve Only Date from Date/Time in Ms Access
Hello,When retrieving data from an ACCESS database table, I want the generated ASP page to display only the date inputted by the user. It currently displays the date and then the time is always 12:00. Anyone have any suggestions as how I can have it display only the time, but leave the access format as Date/Time? Format the output - use {0:d} Something like:label1.text=String.Format("{0:d}",YourDate)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multipl...

Inserting Date into Access Date/Time Field
Everytime i capture a date from an asp:dropdownlist and try to insert it into an access date/time field i keep getting a Data type mismatch in criteria expression error (0x80040e07). is there a way i need to format the data before inserting? Any help would be ace!1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Data.OleDb; 4 using System.Configuration; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 9 using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 10 using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 11 12 ...

How to remove the date part of a Date/Time value in MS Access
I am inserting a time value into a MS Access Date/Time field and notice that MS Access does not display the date portion of the value but when I look at the same data in my programming using a TADOTable component I am seeing the date of 12/30/1899 in conjunction with my time value. I read that Access is handling this within MS Access so that when a 0.sometime value is inserted it does not display the date. How do I handle this within my Delphi program so that I can display the time only in a Date/Time type field? Jeff Howard wrote: > I am inserting a time value into a MS Access Date/T...

I cannot get access to Preferences/Administration/New Bug (even with an administrative user)
I am not able to access any option of Bugzilla (like Preferences, Administration or New Bug) even when I just signed in seconds ago and using an administrative user (the one you configure when install Bugzilla) because it brings me to the "Log in" page containing this message : "I need a legitimate login and password to continue." and the fields to log in again, which I do, but again obtain the same result. This page also contains "Note: you should make sure cookies are enabled for this site. Otherwise, you will be required to log in frequently.)" So thi...

DBI, MS Access, inserting/updating a Access Date/Time value
Hi, Does anyone have any idea what is up with Microsoft Access and its ridiculous Date/Time formatting options? It doesn't seem to matter what format I attempt to insert with. The directory and db file permissions are all Full Control. I'm using the "#" around the Date/Time format as required. The database has nothing as the Format in Design view on the General tab. The insert below has never worked once. On the up side if I run an insert that has no mention of the Date/Time field then it will just insert the record using the =Now() function as the default va...

date time in Access
I'm having trouble with date time in Access with DBI/ODBC I'm trying to do this: SELECT * FROM some_table WHERE date_time_field > 11/30/99 That's giving me all dates, where: SELECT * FROM some_table WHERE date_time_field < 11/30/99 Is giving me none. I must have done something completely wrong! It really is a date time field and looks like this: 1998-06-25 00:00:00 Jeff Hi Jeff, the correct syntax in access itself would be: >#9/30/1999# the writing of the data (mm.dd or dd.mm or mm/dd) belongs to the system variables set on the system ace...

java date time and utc date time
hi i have a client written in delphi the backend is written in java (webservice) when fetching a date field from the db, through java to delphi (TXSDateTime class), for some reason the date changes. in the db: 30/07/2009 00:00:00 in delphi: xsdatetime.asdatetime = 29/07/2009 23:00:00 (1 hour before) in delphi xsdatetime.asutcdatetime = 29/07/2009 21:00:00 (3 hours before) i guess it's a matter of timezones but all we want is simply to fetch the same date as it appears in the DB what are we missing? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi > > i have a client written in d...

How to Stop Displaying 12am Time in VB ASP.NET from Date/Time field in Access DB

bug ?? Relogin with different user, can see the last access page of the previous user logout using LoginStatus ??
Hi, I still dont understand why when user click Logout on the LoginStatus link, it does not clean up his last page access. When  another user ( with different role too) login using the same IE window, he get redirect to the previous user's last page access. Surprise to me and it looks like a security flaw. And thus i have to manually put codes to run formauthentication.signout as what Asp.net 1.1 usually do !!   Why loginstatus does not clean up the last user session ?? And furthermore, is there any method in loginstatu...