Error or not error?

Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem:

OS: Solaris 7
ASE: 12.5

I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with
fix:

***************************************************************

TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376

INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0

INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1

Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0,
object 0.

Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0,
object 0.

Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got page 0,
object 0.

INDID=3 FIRST=3002 ROOT=3001 SORT=1

TOTAL # of extents = 0


The error log keep pounding on "Page linkage failed for OBJID...." and so
on.

Given that tablealloc with fix do not correct the problem, anyone have any
ideas what the problem migh be?

I have tried stopping/starting the server. No error in /var/adm/messages
either...

I will appreciate every answer.

Thanks,
Peter


0
P
7/27/2005 6:39:17 AM
sybase.ase.administration 7058 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
2147 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Is all devices are accessible

on this object_name(100192376)  can you execute select
query...

try this sp_listsuspect_page or sp_listsuspect_object

also try checktable(tabl_name) to verify page linkage...

> Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem:
>
> OS: Solaris 7
> ASE: 12.5
>
> I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc
> tablealloc with fix:
>
> **********************************************************
> *****
>
> TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376
>
> INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0
>
> INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1
>
> Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object
> 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
>
> Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object
> 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
>
> Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object
> 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
>
> INDID=3 FIRST=3002 ROOT=3001 SORT=1
>
> TOTAL # of extents = 0
>
>
> The error log keep pounding on "Page linkage failed for
> OBJID...." and so on.
>
> Given that tablealloc with fix do not correct the problem,
> anyone have any ideas what the problem migh be?
>
> I have tried stopping/starting the server. No error in
> /var/adm/messages either...
>
> I will appreciate every answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
>
>
0
BhUsHaN
7/27/2005 12:11:14 PM
It appears that at least part of at least one of your devices has been
cleared (filled with 0x00) - perhaps overwritten by another application.
You will probably need to fall back to a dump taken prior to when this
happened.

Are these three pages on the same device?

-bret


P Bassarabbas wrote:

> Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem:
>
> OS: Solaris 7
> ASE: 12.5
>
> I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with
> fix:
>
> ***************************************************************
>
> TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376
>
> INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0
>
> INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1
>
> Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0,
> object 0.
>
> Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0,
> object 0.
>
> Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got page 0,
> object 0.
>
> INDID=3 FIRST=3002 ROOT=3001 SORT=1
>
> TOTAL # of extents = 0
>
> The error log keep pounding on "Page linkage failed for OBJID...." and so
> on.
>
> Given that tablealloc with fix do not correct the problem, anyone have any
> ideas what the problem migh be?
>
> I have tried stopping/starting the server. No error in /var/adm/messages
> either...
>
> I will appreciate every answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

0
Bret
7/27/2005 1:49:23 PM
Bret
is it possibler that part of the device get affected by
another application when db server is running.


> It appears that at least part of at least one of your
> devices has been cleared (filled with 0x00) - perhaps
> overwritten by another application. You will probably need
> to fall back to a dump taken prior to when this happened.
>
> Are these three pages on the same device?
>
> -bret
>
>
> P Bassarabbas wrote:
>
> > Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem:
> >
> > OS: Solaris 7
> > ASE: 12.5
> >
> > I recently got some strange error messages when doing
> > dbcc tablealloc with fix:
> >
> >
> **********************************************************
> ***** >
> > TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376
> >
> > INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0
> >
> > INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1
> >
> > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object
> > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> >
> > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object
> > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> >
> > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object
> > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> >
> > INDID=3 FIRST=3002 ROOT=3001 SORT=1
> >
> > TOTAL # of extents = 0
> >
> > The error log keep pounding on "Page linkage failed for
> > OBJID...." and so on.
> >
> > Given that tablealloc with fix do not correct the
> > problem, anyone have any ideas what the problem migh be?
> >
> > I have tried stopping/starting the server. No error in
> > /var/adm/messages either...
> >
> > I will appreciate every answer.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peter
>
0
BhUShAn
7/27/2005 2:07:42 PM
Yes.  For instance, with raw partitions the partition map might be
set up with overlapping partitions, or permissions might not be
set properly.  Tech Support can help you narrow down the possibilities.

-bret


BhUShAn wrote:

> Bret
> is it possibler that part of the device get affected by
> another application when db server is running.
>
> > It appears that at least part of at least one of your
> > devices has been cleared (filled with 0x00) - perhaps
> > overwritten by another application. You will probably need
> > to fall back to a dump taken prior to when this happened.
> >
> > Are these three pages on the same device?
> >
> > -bret
> >
> >
> > P Bassarabbas wrote:
> >
> > > Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem:
> > >
> > > OS: Solaris 7
> > > ASE: 12.5
> > >
> > > I recently got some strange error messages when doing
> > > dbcc tablealloc with fix:
> > >
> > >
> > **********************************************************
> > ***** >
> > > TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376
> > >
> > > INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0
> > >
> > > INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1
> > >
> > > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object
> > > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> > >
> > > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object
> > > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> > >
> > > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object
> > > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> > >
> > > INDID=3 FIRST=3002 ROOT=3001 SORT=1
> > >
> > > TOTAL # of extents = 0
> > >
> > > The error log keep pounding on "Page linkage failed for
> > > OBJID...." and so on.
> > >
> > > Given that tablealloc with fix do not correct the
> > > problem, anyone have any ideas what the problem migh be?
> > >
> > > I have tried stopping/starting the server. No error in
> > > /var/adm/messages either...
> > >
> > > I will appreciate every answer.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Peter
> >

0
Bret
7/27/2005 2:14:12 PM
Lokk like INDID=2 is corrupted

Try drop and recreate indexes.

TDN

> Yes.  For instance, with raw partitions the partition map
> might be set up with overlapping partitions, or
> permissions might not be set properly.  Tech Support can
> help you narrow down the possibilities.
>
> -bret
>
>
> BhUShAn wrote:
>
> > Bret
> > is it possibler that part of the device get affected by
> > another application when db server is running.
> >
> > > It appears that at least part of at least one of your
> > > devices has been cleared (filled with 0x00) - perhaps
> > > overwritten by another application. You will probably
> > > need to fall back to a dump taken prior to when this
> > happened. >
> > > Are these three pages on the same device?
> > >
> > > -bret
> > >
> > >
> > > P Bassarabbas wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem:
> > > >
> > > > OS: Solaris 7
> > > > ASE: 12.5
> > > >
> > > > I recently got some strange error messages when
> > > > doing dbcc tablealloc with fix:
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> **********************************************************
> > > > ***** > TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376
> > > >
> > > > INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0
> > > >
> > > > INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1
> > > >
> > > > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object
> > > > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> > > >
> > > > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object
> > > > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> > > >
> > > > Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object
> > > > 100192376; got page 0, object 0.
> > > >
> > > > INDID=3 FIRST=3002 ROOT=3001 SORT=1
> > > >
> > > > TOTAL # of extents = 0
> > > >
> > > > The error log keep pounding on "Page linkage failed
> > > > for OBJID...." and so on.
> > > >
> > > > Given that tablealloc with fix do not correct the
> > > > problem, anyone have any ideas what the problem migh
> > > be? >
> > > > I have tried stopping/starting the server. No error
> > > > in /var/adm/messages either...
> > > >
> > > > I will appreciate every answer.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Peter
> > >
>
0
TDN
8/2/2005 9:48:24 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

error error error
These are the 2 new errors i am getting now:   1).  Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.Source Error: Line 53: ...

Error, Error and more errors
Okay, all I wanted to do was test this app out and it has been a nightmare. 1.) Didn't install the sql database. I had to manually install it. 2.) I get errors when trying to add a picture to an album. "Procedure or function ngUpdatePicture has too many arguments specified" Any ideas? I've gotten more errors than this, but there is no use in bitchin. Are you using the v1.6.1 installer? Also, did you select to install the SQL Server db and give it a valid admin login? What were some of the error messages? Did you have an existing DB from a previous install? ...

errors errors errors..
Name: harun Email: harunbjk1903hrnatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: errors errors errors.. Comments: first of all when i launch firefox (3) i cant enter websites via writing.. for example when I type "google" and then press ctrl and enter, it crashes.. and i take lots of error reports. firefox 2 was better.. see you again , harun Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; tr; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

VS2005 Web Site Administration Tool Error -> Roles Error/Security Wizard Error
I'm having some problems getting the roles and Setup Wizard to work on the Web Site Administration Tool in VS2005.When I click on the security tab and then either click,1). Use the security Setup Wizard to configure security step by step. OR2). Create or Manage rolesI get the following error.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The configured Role Provider (WindowsTokenRoleProvider) relies upon Windows authentication to determine the groups that the user is allowed to be a member of. ...

CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602
Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this: users arent LUM enabled or so it seems the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both...

Error rep1028
Hi, We have a warm stand-by environment using rep server 12.0 and ASE 12.5 64 bit version s/w. We keep getting a STOP replication action on the following database for a user table that has only 3 columns...id int, name char 41 and text column length 16. The error reads as follows: H. 2003/08/18 17:03:11. THREAD FATAL ERROR #5049 DSI EXEC(291(1) PRD2W2M12.CFG) - dsiqmint.c(2895) The DSI thread for database 'PRD2W2M12.CFG' is being shutdown. DSI recei ved data server error #21 which is mapped to STOP_REPLICATION. See logged data s erver errors for more information...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error
I am new to ASP.NET and I am currently learning to use the VS 2005 Express tools. I've been able to get along smoothly for sometime; getting bugs and resolving them from your very valuable posts in this forum. Now I have a problem that I have no idea where to begin to resolve the problem. It appears to be a Parser Error, but then when I try to view my pages, I get a lot of other apparently related errors. I am suspecting that I have, one way or the other, messed up my dataset schema definition. The strange thing about this error is that I cannot open any other pages anymore. Even those simp...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message
I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010. This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL. When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder. If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not. Any id...

COMPILE ERROR
Hi, I've been struggeling with this problem for some days now :( I truely hope that someone can help out! This is the erorr I get when I try to compile a project for a Pocket PC 2002 (wince 3.0) with eVC++ C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Sqlca' C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : error C2501: 'UlSqlca' : missing storage-class or type specifiers C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found This is wha...

Web resources about - Error or not error? - sybase.ase.administration

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

VW says emissions cheating was not a one-time error
The German carmaker's chairman says the decision by employees to cheat on emissions tests was made more than a decade ago after they realised ...

Eliminating errors secret to Western Sydney Wanderers' win streak: Mitch Nichols
Western Sydney Wanderers star Mitch Nichols believes his side's ascension to the top of the A-League is down to getting rid of the fatal errors ...

Is This The Biggest Bluebook Error Of Them All?
Who deserves credit (or blame) for the authoritative (and often criticized) legal citation manual?

Another Major NYT Error
... public Facebook postings about her feelings about jihad; it wrapped that contention into what reads as a condemnation of the U.S. anti-terrorism ...

10 continuity errors in popular movies that somehow made it to the final cut
... that suddenly appears on a different side of the room or a character that isn't quite in the right spot from one shot to the next, these errors ...

Transportation secretary: Red Line train may have left station unmanned due to ‘operator error’
Officials are investigating a case of ‘operator error’ that may have allowed an unmanned Red Line train to leave Braintree Station Thursday morning. ...

Operator Error ‘Primary Focus’ Of Runaway Red Line Train Investigation
... BOSTON (CBS) — MBTA officials say the investigation into the runaway Red Line train Thursday morning is focused primarily on operator error. ...

The worst error a Chinese journo can make?
Four staff at China News Service have been suspended after a report about Xi Jinping's speech mistakenly referred to his resignation.

5 Factual Errors In The NAACP’s $5 Billion Demand For ‘Climate Justice’
5 Factual Errors In The NAACP’s $5 Billion Demand For ‘Climate Justice’

Resources last updated: 12/17/2015 9:37:50 PM