Does the ASE editon have to be set at install, or can it be changed after installation?

We have installed Sybase ASE using srvbuild and a resource
file.  We wanted to install the SBE (Small Business
Edition), but didn't know how to using the resource file.
Is there a resource file attribute for Adaptive Server to
install as SBE?  Or is this a post installation task?

Thank you
0
Becky

Do we have to use SYSAM to change from ASE_CORE to SBE
(Small Business Edition)?

> We have installed Sybase ASE using srvbuild and a resource
> file.  We wanted to install the SBE (Small Business
> Edition), but didn't know how to using the resource file.
> Is there a resource file attribute for Adaptive Server to
> install as SBE?  Or is this a post installation task?
>
> Thank you
0
Becky
12/15/2008 12:35:32 PM
SYSAM is an integral part of the ASE 15.x product.  SYSAM manages the licensing options for ASE.  If you're really
asking if you have to start up the license manager daemon (lmgrd) then the answer is 'it depends'.

It depends on whether you're using a local license file or a remote SYSAM server.  It may also depend on the various
license options you've paid for.

As for the EE vs SBE issue ...

The GUI install tool I think (??) allows you to designate the license type when creating the dataserver.  Personally I
just modify the license info after I've created the dataserver ... either by using the sp_lmconfig stored proc, or in
some cases modifying the ${SYBASE}/${SYBASE_ASE}/sysam/<dataserver_name>.properties file (you're basically looking to
add/modify the LT= and PE= lines to match the same entries from your license file).

Becky Deland wrote:
> Do we have to use SYSAM to change from ASE_CORE to SBE
> (Small Business Edition)?
>

>> We have installed Sybase ASE using srvbuild and a resource
>> file.  We wanted to install the SBE (Small Business
>> Edition), but didn't know how to using the resource file.
>> Is there a resource file attribute for Adaptive Server to
>> install as SBE?  Or is this a post installation task?
>>
>> Thank you
0
Mark

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Basic Install/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py insta
Basic Install ============= For starters, if you just want to run virt-manager/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py install To build an RPM, you can run: python setup.py rpm setup.py generally has all the build and install commands, for more info see: python setup.py --help-commands python setup.py install --help http://docs.python.org/inst/standard-install.html -- Vink ...

Can I use ASE 12.5.2 64-bit license on an ASE 12.5.2 32-bit install
I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license only. Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 installation? thanks Gemma No you cannot > I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of > memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license > only. > > Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 > installation? > > thanks > Gemma ...

Changing character set and sort order after ASE 12.5.2 GA install
After a fresh install of the ASE 12.5.2 GA CD, I wanted to change the charset and sort order via sqlloc. I was changing it to charset utf8 and sort order bin_utf8 ( 50 ), but I get an error saying: The sort order bin_utf8 for character set utf8 must be loaded .. blah .. I did NOT have this problem years ago when I installed from ASE 12.5.0.3 ( That's 12.5.0.3, NOT 12.5.3 as I don't have a full distribution CD for 12.5.3 ) What to do ? I found a Sybase TS support case which states this is a known bug with 12.5.2 GA, ie, sqlloc normally calls the 'cha...

ASE and ASE

Installing ASE
We downloaded the evaluation of ASE 12.5. When setup.exe is clicked, it says its starting the Studio Installation in a command window, however when the command window disappears nothing else happens. Our Environment: Windows 2003 Server, 120 Evaluation with latest Microsoft Service Packs. You are most likely hitting the Java / Pentium 4 issue. See this techdoc: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013241 Mark Kusma http://www.sybase.com/support/aboutsupport/otherservices <jmueller@navintconsulting.com> wrote in message news:42cd5e93.672b.1681692777@sybase.com... &g...

To install or not to install?

ASE installation
Hi : When we install the sybase server, is it compulsory that we should set the unix (AIX 4.2) server to asynchronous I/o? W set it,but it won't take effect until we reboot the unix server. and now we can't reboot becos, many users are on the unix box. Arthi. ...

ASE to ASE

[ASE 12.0 INSTALL PROBLEM]install shield automatically turn off
Hi... [my server computer enviroment] ....WIN 2K SERVER XEON CPU.... ==>all windows update completed. and JRE is JDK 1.3.X ASE 12.0 install my computer...but installShield automatically turn off... what's wrong? please reply me.. thank you..bye Sorry, wrong newsgroup. Try posting to sybase.public.ase.general or better, contact technical support for your region, since it sounds like you may have a production server down. "�̻���" <sjlee@archibus.co.kr> wrote in message news:40e13a5d$1@forums-2-dub... > ...

Changing the server (unix) name.. Where ASE is installed
Hi, I have a Sybase ASE 11.9.2 running on a Unix Solaris 8 server. I was wondering how does it affect my ASE server, if the system administrator will change the UNIX server name? Should I change something in my ASE configuration? Tank you for your answer. Patrick. "Patrick Tahiri" <patrick.tahiri@telenor.com> wrote in message news:q14mb70nBHA.337@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I have a Sybase ASE 11.9.2 running on a Unix Solaris 8 server. I was > wondering how does it affect my ASE server, if the system administrator will > change the U...

ASE 12.5 <-> Access 2000: No installable ISAM drivers installed?
Hi, I've just installed the current ASE 12.5 ODBC/OLE-DB client + service pack to be able to access our server from Microsoft Access 2000. Linking to a ASE table visually works well. However, I want to connect to ASE using a DSN-less connection, established by something like the following VBA code fragment: DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType := acLink, _ DatabaseType := "ODBC", _ DatabaseName := "DRIVER=Sybase ASE ODBC Driver;UID=mainuser;NA=myServer,3000;DB=myDB;WA2=8192", _ ...

Install: char set utf8 in ASE resoursce file?
Hi all, I want to isntall 12.5 ASE on Linux with utf8 character set. I have no X-server on site, so I use the resource file. I saw the default character set attribute in Backup Server resource file: bsrv.character_set: utf8 Is there any utf8 attribute also for ASE resource file? Any help will be appreciated. Kind regards, Y. Y wote: >Is there any utf8 attribute also for ASE resource file? If this regards changing charset and sortorder for a new server that's just been built, I usually copy and edit the sqlloc.rs file ($SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/init/sample_resource_fi...

why I can't install ase 12.0
today I install sybase ase 12.0 on dec alpha 1000,os is dec unix 5.1.when I start the server,the errorlog reports: 00:00000:00000:2001/02/16 14:36:40.45 kernel Using config area from primary master device. 00:00000:00000:2001/02/16 14:36:40.48 kernel Configuration Error: Configuration file, '/usr/users/syb12/SYB12_TEST.cfg', does not exist. 00:00000:00000:2001/02/16 14:36:40.56 kernel Warning: A configuration file was not specified and the default file '/usr/users/syb12/SYB12_TEST.cfg' does not exist. SQL Server creates the default file with the default configurat...

Web resources about - Does the ASE editon have to be set at install, or can it be changed after installation? - sybase.ase.administration

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?