Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow

Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am
having the following problem:

I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database
with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables
make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from
one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed
Between Retrieve and Update Error"!

I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no
avail.

However, I can delete records from the table through ISQL or the
Powerbuiler Database Administration Painter.

Any Input would be appreciated,

Thanks in Advance!
0
Robby_MacPhail

Robby,

Do these tables have timestamp columns?

Thanks,
Henry

<Robby_MacPhail> wrote in message
> Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am
> having the following problem:
>
> I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database
> with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables
> make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from
> one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed
> Between Retrieve and Update Error"!
>
> I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to
no
> avail.
>
> However, I can delete records from the table through ISQL or the
> Powerbuiler Database Administration Painter.
>
> Any Input would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks in Advance!

0
Henry

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns in Powerbuiler Datawindow (ASE 12.5 back end)
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

Identity columns with ASA 6 and PowerBuilder datawindows
It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does not work properly in the PB datawindow any more. As in version 5 it would automatically retrieve the newly created ID, you have to do it manually in ASA 6. The ASA 6 documentation explicitly mentions this. Has this been fixed in a later build of ASA 6? Why did it stop working? Thanks, Jacek Did you update your PBODB60.INI to accomodate ASA6? See the ASA help section "Upgrade notes for Powerbuilder and Infomaker users" >It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does...

Disabling Drop-Down datawindow columns on a row-by-row basis
Here is what I want to accomplish: I have a datawindow that contains two columns - the first is a drop-down datawindow (display column: description, data column: code) and the second is a simple edit. This datawindow will display records currently available for a specific person and will allow inserts to be made and updates to be made on existing rows - for the second column only. This means that I want the drop down datawindows to only function when doing an insert - for those rows that already exist, or those that exist after an update is issued, I want the drop-down capability t...

Deleting a row in a datawindow
Hi. I realized a simple master/detail ancestor using the sharedata function, even if the problem I have is applicable to other situations. If I delete an element from a datawindow, this element disappear from the datawindow (and this is ok). But if I save the changes, the update function can fail and so i think that I have to redisplay this(these) element(s) by hand. I don't think that using a retrieve is efficient, but i consider using RowsMove. But how can I code this situation, if I would like that the element(s) will be in the same position as before the DeleteRow (consideri...

deleting row from datawindow
How do I delete a row from a datawindow that is just added which exists in the primary buffer but do not exist in the database. Response will be appreciated. Sheryl Sruti: check the row itemstatus = new! or newmodified!. use dw.getitemstatus(row, 0, primary!). .... and then get rid of it with DeleteRow or RowsDiscard. edward_hk wrote in message ... >Sruti: > check the row itemstatus = new! or newmodified!. use >dw.getitemstatus(row, 0, primary!). > > DeleteRow() or RowsDiscard() -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Man...

deleting rows in a datawindow
I want to delete rows in a datawindow using datawindow expression (i.e based on the value of a column) although I have seen various examples for changing colurs etc but none for deleting a row. Is it possible. I do not wish to merely make individual columns invisible row as blank spaces remain. The gap dows not close even if row is resizable ================================================================ Sanjay Minni Minisoft Pvt. Ltd. sminni@giascl01.vsnl.net.in 209, M. G. Road, Ph:+91-33-2388154, Fx:+91-33-2311690 Calcutta-70000...

Delete rows from a datawindow
Hi all, I have a header & detail datwindow. bsed on the qty field in the eder level, the detail level should insert that many number of rows. ie if i add 10 in qty the detail dw should contin 10 rows, and if i modify the number from 10 to 6 the detail should have only 6 rows. how can i code in the item changed event of the qty field to achieve this ? pl. help. Thanks res Long ll_qty, ll_row, ll_max ll_qty = Long(data) for ll_row = 1 to ll_qty dw_detail.InsertRow(0) next ll_max = dw_detail.RowCount() for ll_row = ll_max to ll_qty+1 step -1 dw_detail.De...

datawindow rows as columns
Hi I am creating a datawindow based on a table having three columns The structure i want is as follows | column2 ---------------------- column1 | column3 Is this possible ? regards husain Sure. Widen the detail band, drag the columns where you want them. "husain" <husain@sasi.com> wrote in message news:38D55B40.86BA96A8@sasi.com... Hi I am creating a datawindow based on a table having three columns The structure i want is as follows | column2 ---------------------- column1 | column3 Is th...

How to go through a datatable row by row and column by column
Hello, I have a dataset with a datatable and I need to insert each row from the datatable on my sql table, anyway there may be errors, so some rows may not be inserted because primary key constraints,  So I need to show the rows that are not inserted in a gridview, the hard thing to do is to go through all the datatable,  is there an wasy way to do it?MCPD ENTERPRISE APPLICATION DEVELOPER Start by looking herehttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.common.dataadapter.update.aspxPerform an update of your dataset, and if a row fails, you can mark it as invalid.You can ...

How to Modify Contents of a DataWindow DDLB column based on value of another column in the same row.
I'm trying to conditionally Modify the contents of a DataWindow DDLB column. For example, ls_modstr = "cp_basis.Values='5 Test~t5~tIf(cp_type=~~'TB~~',30 Day~t30,3 Year~t3)'" ls_rtn = This.Modify(ls_modstr) Does anyone have an example of syntax that works? Thanks, George I don't believe the values attribute will actually accept a function. Have you thought about using a DDDW instead and applying a filter dynamically? On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:10:21 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <George_Farrance> wrote: >...

problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties
i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) : xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique activity_num, action_datetime, resource_id, activity_action_id The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working properly because the where clause is incorrect... (the column is in the Updateable Columns list). when i press the Primary Key button, it selects the other 3 columns. i can't find a...

Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)
I need to locate the identity column for a DW. Only method i see is use of the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes. Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary Key. thanks, Dave As one can see in he syntax, sorry no. I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL statements where one has 2 tables. But, now, with the help of DW.Net it can do it ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

Web resources about - Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow - sybase.ase.administration

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles