ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error

I'm getting this error message on a Solaris 8 environment:

ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory
control layer error:  Requested server name not found.

What do I need to do to troubleshoot this?  Any information
would be greatly appreciated.
0
gwerner

The "Requested server name not found" message means that the server you are
trying to connect to is not found in the interfaces file. You should use
dscp to define it.

Mark Kusma

<gwerner> wrote in message news:3f5e1f13.5405.846930886@sybase.com...
> I'm getting this error message on a Solaris 8 environment:
>
> ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory
> control layer error:  Requested server name not found.
>
> What do I need to do to troubleshoot this?  Any information
> would be greatly appreciated.

0
Mark

kernel Connectivity Library (Directory Control Layer) Error: Error returned by service provider.
Hi all, I am new to the newsgroup and to Sybase, so I apoligize if this is a simple question. I have been given a AIX box that has Adaptive Server 11.9.2 on it. No servers are running so my first task is to get a server running. I have been able to use buildmaster to create a master device and have created a RUN_SYBASE script. But now when I execute startserver it is giving me this error: kernel Connectivity Library (Directory Control Layer) Error: Error returned by service provider I have been searching for this error message in the RS6000(AIX) setup guide and the Tr...

after 5000 dbe deletes, internal directory control layer error
Hi, We have a DBI perl program that after about 5,000 deletes we get this error message -- something similar happened with another program that did about 5,000 updates. The update program worked around the problem by removing use of the second database handle. The program logic basically has a parent SQL select command that uses one database handle to get a list of unique index keys of records to update, then inside a while fetchrow next record loop, it does the update or delete for only one database record at a time to minimize database locking. This is the error message: DB...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1 on DG/UX, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

How to reference a User control in the root directory from a composite control in the App_Code directory?
A newbie question: I have a composite control ("CC1") that is defined in a .cs file in the App_Code directory of my site.  I have not defined a namespace for CC1. Inside one of the event handlers for this control I would like to instanciate a User Control ("UC1") that has both a .ascx and .cs file which reside in the root of the site. How can I reference UC1 from CC1?  I am not able to compile this. I get the following error: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'CC1' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Thanks for any he...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL Try increasing the retry_attempts and delay_interval parameters in the interfaces file. Make sure the IP address or hos...

ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
We are experiencing intermittent, unexplained errors with the following text: "ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." There are absolutely no errors in the error log when these errors occur. Our server is accessible immediately before and after, but the various components cannot connect when these split-second errors occur. Here is our current version info: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.1/P/SWR 9264 ESD 3/Sun_svr4/OS 5.6/1629/32bit0 Fingers are pointing at me and the database ("Hey, I can't connec...

error by IIS after create Virtual directory: HTTP Error 500.0
 I have error by IIS after create Virtual directory: HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server ErrorI see it after I call project name of virtual directory, like: http://localhost/myprojectI have vista and visual studio 2008.. any help?  Server Error in Application "Default Web Site" HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error Description: This application is running in an application pool that uses the Integrated ..NET mode. This is the preferred mode for running ASP.NET applications on the current and future version of IIS.In this mode, the application should not...

Error from businessLogic layer to data layer
Hi been wondering anyone could help me out as i had been working on it for ages. I have created a business logic web service layers with the codes as shown: Imports System.Web.Services <System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace := "http://tempuri.org/BusinessLogic1/Service1")> _ Public Class Service1 Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService <WebMethod()> Public Sub create(ByVal name As String, ByVal id As String) Dim dl As New datalayer.Class1 dl.create(name, id) End Sub End Class and i have created a data laye...

Directory Services Error
Yesterday I received 13,000 messages within a matter of seconds, all reading largely the same: WARNING: The Administration Agent (ADA) at domain LUCA reported an error during a Directory Service update. Operation: Delete object from Post Office database Return Code: D506 Task ID: 4202 Object ID: LUC2.ANESTH.ANE101 SUGGESTION: Execute the Administration program at domain LOC and synchronize the above object. Our groupwise domain is V6.5.4, so I don't quite understand the ADA reference, for starters. Also, what does "execute the Administration program" refer to...

Directory Services Error
Running GroupWise 7.0.2, client is 7.0.1. Occasionally, a few times a month, when a user logs into gw they get a message pop up "Directory Services Error, Contact your adminstrator" and cannot log into GW. The help desk tech will Syncronize the user account in Console One and then that user can log into their GW Account. What would cause this. I have checked the event viewer on the workstation and it really does not show much. The PO log at times showed LDAP error's but not in all instances. We can continue to syncronize the accounts but would like insight into what may...

Web resources about - ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error - sybase.ase.administration