Connection timed out ???

Hi,
We are using ASE 15.0.2 on Sun solaris 10.
Some users are having problem drop connection.
Any idea or problem ????
thanks,
Toni
Errors from log file:
nrpacket: recv, Connection timed out, spid: 33, suid: 432
00:00000:00000:2010/12/21 20:14:02.90 kernel  extended error
information: hostname:  login: Abc
-1
Toni

That's not really an ASE problem per se.  This is ASE calling the "recv"
function trying to contact a client application, and the client connection
isn't there anymore.  Could be any number of issues -

1.  Network problems.  dropped packets, router/switch issues, network card,
etc.
2.  Your client app is disconnecting before ASE can respond to a request.
Either because of a programming error, or user shutsdown pc, etc.
3.  Network admin might have disabled KEEPALIVE setting on network , so idle
client applications are disconnected by tcp.

Have your network admin look into 1, and 3 above.

<Toni> wrote in message news:4d1215dd.2f28.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
> We are using ASE 15.0.2 on Sun solaris 10.
> Some users are having problem drop connection.
> Any idea or problem ????
> thanks,
> Toni
> Errors from log file:
> nrpacket: recv, Connection timed out, spid: 33, suid: 432
> 00:00000:00000:2010/12/21 20:14:02.90 kernel  extended error
> information: hostname:  login: Abc

0
Sherlock
12/22/2010 4:28:20 PM
I see a lot of that on my servers and the main cause is a
configuration value in the client application for connection
timeout. During times when the ASE server is very busy this
timeout setting in the client app may not be sufficient.

If you are using clustered windows servers for application
hosting there are connection pooling settings for this as
well.

> That's not really an ASE problem per se.  This is ASE
> calling the "recv"  function trying to contact a client
> application, and the client connection  isn't there
> anymore.  Could be any number of issues -
>
> 1.  Network problems.  dropped packets, router/switch
> issues, network card,  etc.
> 2.  Your client app is disconnecting before ASE can
> respond to a request.  Either because of a programming
> error, or user shutsdown pc, etc. 3.  Network admin might
> have disabled KEEPALIVE setting on network , so idle
> client applications are disconnected by tcp.
>
> Have your network admin look into 1, and 3 above.
>
> <Toni> wrote in message
> > news:4d1215dd.2f28.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi,
> > We are using ASE 15.0.2 on Sun solaris 10.
> > Some users are having problem drop connection.
> > Any idea or problem ????
> > thanks,
> > Toni
> > Errors from log file:
> > nrpacket: recv, Connection timed out, spid: 33, suid:
> > 432 00:00000:00000:2010/12/21 20:14:02.90 kernel
> > extended error information: hostname:  login: Abc

0
rick_806

Connection Cache
Hi, I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the creation of the database connection from a connection pool ? The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want to destroy all connections from the cache that were established before a certain timestamp. Thomas It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that. There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections. If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you can set a time...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

Connecting to Oracle -- one time connection?
HI there, I'm new at ASP.NET 2.0 and want to connect to an oracle database.  I see how you can identifiy a data source on a datagrid but do you need to do this on every page?  Is there a way to connect to the database one time and use that connction throughout the users session? Also is it better to have the security in oracle as well if im accessing the data from there?  If I use their provided memebership tools, should i then just have a common user id/password to connect into the oracle database with?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.   A da...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

VS2005 IDE: Add Web Refernece. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has fa
 I have published a web service, but cannot connect to it in VS2005.  The Web Methods display, but I then get this error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond I CAN connect to it outside of VS2005 from IE, Stylus Studio, etc.  /Bob C in GRR Hi  Bob, That might be a problem with proxy. Please try this solution: http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/3871.aspx. Also you can refer to this article: http://msdn.microsoft...

How Can I connect to ASE 2 version (11.5/15.0) in the same time same client in Power builder?
Hi all, I have 1 machine,let's say Client A, that I can connect to both version in the same client,same machine,same power builder windows. But When I have to config another client(Client B) to use like the upper one,I cannot .I don't know why. It always say that Unable to intialize client library context. eg. If I set windows ENV to sybase ver 15.0 , I cannot connect to ASE 11.5. But if I connect to ASE15.0 first,then connect to ASE11.5.It will succeed in connection to ASE11.5. In another words,If I set windows ENV to sybase ver 11.5 the connect to ASE15.0 in PB it will s...

Unable to connect to LDAP server on 10.80.10.82: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection timed out
Hi, I am getting below error while connecting to LDAP using Net::LDAP->new($ldap{'host'}) I am Using NET::LDAP version-0.43 and perl-5.8.8 Unable to connect to LDAP server on 10.80.10.82: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection timed out. Please take me forward. Thanks Inadvance....

firefox timed out error : the server connection has been timed out
hi i have a problem when trying to connect to any websites via the name eg. www.google.com but when connecting via the ip address i get in no problem. i have no firewalls enabled and no virus protects. we go through a wired up router and its only me having the problem.please could omeone help me thanks agnooit@hotmail.co.uk > i have a problem when trying to connect to any websites via the name > eg. www.google.com but when connecting via the ip address i get in no > problem. i have no firewalls enabled and no virus protects. we go > through a wired up router and i...

MSDE Connection occasionally does not work until connection with Administrator account.
We recently migrated our website from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Standard Server. We had absolutely no problems with the Website until the migration to 2003. The website was developed with Visual Studio 2003, and we used MSDE SP3a to host the database. The database is configured for integrated domain authentication and consists of only 5 tables. Users are explicitly granted only the required access permission's to each table. The problem is that occasionally ( 3 to 4 times per day ) users are unable to connect to the certain tables in the database from the website. They recei...

How to connect to 2 database using one Connection at a time
Just assume,I have 2 databases configured in single sql server and each database contains one table. Now my requirement is to join these 2 tables which are in 2 different database. This is something like under .\sqlexpress we can see many database like Northwing,DB1 and DB2  etc.... Now i want to join 2 tables from different databases. Here i know the SQL join query but my problem is to create the Connection string....i dont know how to create one connection string that connects to these 2 database and gives me the output.Am trying it in  VB6 ........

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Web resources about - Connection timed out ??? - sybase.ase.administration

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...