Connecting to ASE 12.0 from VBA via ODBC using ADO

Hi,
i am trying to connect to our ase 12.0 via ado and execute a certain
procedure with an input parameter. However the results are tend to be
different from the ones when i execute the same proc directly throuth isql
(the procedure must return less entries then it actually returns througth
ado and moreover the columns with some Null values is viewed by ADO as
thouth ANY value is null i.e. it returns only NULLs and doesnt distinguish
real values among them).
Are there any features in ASE ODBC driver? I am using a 3.50.00.10 or is
the script just incorrect?
As far as I undestand the do must send to the server a simple script like
"exec procedure "@parameter"" and return a certain records set. So why
doesnt this function?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am wrestling since last week with this
simple question and still cant understand where  the problem is.

    Set cnn1 = New ADODB.Connection
    strCnn = "DSN=ASE;UID=sa;PWD=mypasswd;"
    cnn1.ConnectionTimeout = 30
    cnn1.Open strCnn
    cnn1.CursorLocation = adUseClient

 'Open command object with one parameter

    Set cmd = New ADODB.Command
    Set cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn1
    cmd.CommandText = " procedure ""20010601"""
    cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc

' Create recordset by executing the command

    Set r = cmd.Execute()
0
vndba

When using MS-ADO to connect to ASE using ASE OLEDB/ODBC driver the record count is -1
Hi VB 6 application connecting to ASE 12.5 (NT) using OLEDB/ODBC drivers. Gets a problem. He retrieve rows from the database - WORKS Fine!!! But as soon as he wants to see how many rows was returned the recordcount returns -1. He gets this problem connecting using ODBC and OLEDB. He gets the recordcount from the recordset object's recordcount property. This is what I found on the MSDN online manuals: RecordCount Property - ADO Indicates the current number of records in a Recordset object. Applies To Recordset Remarks Use the RecordCount property to find out how many r...

Problem using ASA 7.0 connecting to ASE 11.9.2 via ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

ASE 12.0.0.0 / SWR 8775 UPGRADE TO ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628 PERFORMANCE PROBLEM
Hi All, We recently upgraded ASE 12.0.0.0/SWR 8775 to ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628. Some queries stopped returning resultsets. Recompiled the stored procs which fixed the issue. But the queries are running slower now. The overall performance of the app has become sluggish. The CPU is generally running higher as well! Have also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 to include the new Solaris 8 threads library. Anybody any insights into this? How can we get back to the pre-upgrade performance levels short of rolling back the EBF. Regards Perry Perry, I guess 12.0.0.6 requires some Solaris ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
[...]

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

Can't construct query plan in ASE 12.0
Error 325 is being returned when trying to execute a stored procedure on version : Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0/P/SWR 8773 ESD 1/RS6000/AIX 4.3.2/1580/64bit/FBO/Tue Dec 7 03:29:32 1999 ... this is the code causing the error when running on version listed above... it's a sub-query within a stored proc AND SBSB.HIST_ROW_ID = (select MAX(SBSB2.HIST_ROW_ID) FROM Massive_db.audit.CMC_SBSB_SUBSC SBSB2 WHERE SBSB2.SBSB_CK = SBSB.SBSB_CK AND CONVERT(CHAR(10),SBEL.SBEL_INSQ_DT,101) = CONVERT(CHAR 10),SBSB2.HIST_CREATE_DTM,101)) When executing same stored procedure on AS...

Can not connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 using XA transactions
I am trying to connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 (SybXADataSource) to make XA transaction calls. I have a stand alone java client (using JDK 1.3.0) which does the following steps: 1. Set Data Source to be SybXADataSource 2. Set properties ds.setPassword(""); ds.setUser(""); ds.setNetworkProtocol("Tds"); ds.setDatabaseName("master"); ds.setResourceManagerName("connection"); ds.setResourceManagerType(1); ds.setServerName("172.18.40.174"); ds.setPortNumber(4100); 3. getXAConnection at this poin...

Can not connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 using XA transactions #2
I am trying to connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 (SybXADataSource) to make XA transaction calls. I have a stand alone java client 1. Set Data Source to be SybXADataSource I set my properties ds.setPassword(""); ds.setUser(""); ds.setNetworkProtocol("Tds"); ds.setDatabaseName("master"); ds.setResourceManagerName("connection"); ds.setResourceManagerType(1); ds.setServerName("172.18.40.174"); ds.setPortNumber(4100); ...

Can not connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 using XA transactions #3
I am trying to connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 (SybXADataSource) to make XA transaction calls. I have a stand alone java client 1. Set Data Source to be SybXADataSource I set my properties ds.setPassword(""); ds.setUser(""); ds.setNetworkProtocol("Tds"); ds.setDatabaseName("master"); ds.setResourceManagerName("connection"); ds.setResourceManagerType(1); ds.setServerName("172.18.40.174"); ds.setPortNumber(4100); ...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

ADO.net with connect ASE 12.0
Hello I have it ASE 12.0, however there is an application that requeire ADO.net to be connected, I use version of PC Client 12.5.2. However it disturbs me to know if this will work or as soon as, considering that my servant is an it ASE 12.0 Where it can revise that compatibility of the servant with the versions of clients? Thank you for their help. Hi There is no certification for ADO.NET with ASE 12.0. No testing or support is provided. You might get some things to work and others will not. The reason: ASE 12.0 was released and EOL before the ADO.NET Provider for A...

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

Web resources about - Connecting to ASE 12.0 from VBA via ODBC using ADO - sybase.ase.administration

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Clowdy - Connecting Creatives with Music, Film & Photos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Clowdy - Connecting Creatives with Music, Film & Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 2:33:20 PM