ASE connection timeout

Hi,

Environment: ASE 15.0.3 ESD#1 on Solaris.

Attempts to log into the ASE failed with the following
message:

CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client
Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net
library error: Net-lib operation timed out

At that time, one task was running a I/O & tempdb intensive
report and another was loading another database.

My questions are:

1. Isn't it true that all tasks have yield points at which
it returns control to the ASE engine to execute other tasks
waiting in the runnable queue? In that case, the above error
would not have occured.

2. Are there any ASE parameters that I need to look at which
could remedy this situation?

Thanks in advance.
ATT
0
ATT

You might need to check the network timeouts for your O/S.

On 12/13/2010 7:05 AM, ATT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Environment: ASE 15.0.3 ESD#1 on Solaris.
>
> Attempts to log into the ASE failed with the following
> message:
>
> CT-LIBRARY error:
>          ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client
> Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
> CT-LIBRARY error:
>          ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net
> library error: Net-lib operation timed out
>
> At that time, one task was running a I/O&  tempdb intensive
> report and another was loading another database.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Isn't it true that all tasks have yield points at which
> it returns control to the ASE engine to execute other tasks
> waiting in the runnable queue? In that case, the above error
> would not have occured.
>
> 2. Are there any ASE parameters that I need to look at which
> could remedy this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ATT

0
Tommy

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

How can I set connection timeout in ASE?
Hi! I want to force disconnect client connection after a inactivity period. Is it possible in ASE 12.0? Thank you. best regard -- dkf I don't believe it's possible without building your own mechanism to do so. mc Look at turning on the resource limits. dkf wrote: >Hi! > >I want to force disconnect client connection after a inactivity period. Is >it possible in ASE 12.0? >Thank you. >best regard > >-- >dkf > > ...

When using MS-ADO to connect to ASE using ASE OLEDB/ODBC driver the record count is -1
Hi VB 6 application connecting to ASE 12.5 (NT) using OLEDB/ODBC drivers. Gets a problem. He retrieve rows from the database - WORKS Fine!!! But as soon as he wants to see how many rows was returned the recordcount returns -1. He gets this problem connecting using ODBC and OLEDB. He gets the recordcount from the recordset object's recordcount property. This is what I found on the MSDN online manuals: RecordCount Property - ADO Indicates the current number of records in a Recordset object. Applies To Recordset Remarks Use the RecordCount property to find out how many r...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

ASE connection
Hi, Is it possible to access a ASE 12.5 database directly from a Pocket PB application? miguelcarvajal555@hotmail.com wrote... > Hi, > Is it possible to access a ASE 12.5 database directly from a Pocket PB > application? Not at this time. If you are using MobiLink you can have the MobiLink server connect directly to ASE. But the PPB application cannot connect directly to ASE at this time. I believe there is the possibility of PPB connecting to a local ASA database that can have a proxy table that points to an ASE database but I haven't tried that mysel...

ASE Connection
Hi All, I am having problems creating an ASE connection profile in PB(7.0.3). PBSYC70.dll is in the shared folder but PB still tells me it cannot load the drivers. Any ideas? thanks dave 1) Do you have open client installed? Is it in the path? Do you have a SYBASE environment set properly? 2) Is PBSYC70.DLL in the path? (I am just checking and assume that this is not the problem) /ck "Dave Larkins" <davidl@mint.net> wrote in message news:DOmtyoVYBHA.361@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All, > > I am having problems creating an ASE connectio...

Web resources about - ASE connection timeout - sybase.ase.administration

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...