ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition licenses

Folks,
  I've just installed the above and applied EBF 11665. After
sorting out some problems, I eventually got the SYSAM
service to work. A licenses.dat file has been created with
what I guess are the defaults for the dev edition from
sybpkg.dat (five packages). I had to run SySAM and enter 1
in all the fields to get the file populated. This causes an
error to be stored in lmgrd.log when SYSAM is started

12:18:57 (SYBASE) Invalid license key (inconsistent
authentication code)
12:18:57 (SYBASE) 	==>INCREMENT 1 SYBASE 1 permanent 1 1
OVERDRAFT=10000 ck=0 SN=1 [...]

When an ASE is started, the ASE log file reports that

12:21:25.41 kernel  Warning: There is no valid license for
ASE server product. Server is booting with all the option
features disabled.

lmgrd.log reports several messages like this after the ASE
is started

12:21:25 (SYBASE) UNSUPPORTED: "ASE_SERVER"
(PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS   ) SYSTEM@RPM2K  (License server does
not support this feature (-18,327))

The ASE_XMLMGMT package contains ASE_XML as one of the
components but when I try and enable XML, I get a warning
back

Configuration parameter 'enable xml' can not be enabled
without license 'ASE_XML'.

Dev edition is supposed to allow High Availability but there
is no entry in any of the packages.

  Can anyone shed light on any of these problems, please?
Cheers

               Raymond
0
Raymond

Raymond, Mardle wrote:

> Folks,
>   I've just installed the above and applied EBF 11665. After
> sorting out some problems, I eventually got the SYSAM
> service to work. A licenses.dat file has been created with
> what I guess are the defaults for the dev edition from
> sybpkg.dat (five packages). I had to run SySAM and enter 1
> in all the fields to get the file populated. This causes an
> error to be stored in lmgrd.log when SYSAM is started
....snip...
>   Can anyone shed light on any of these problems, please?

How did you come across your copy of 12.5.1 DE?

I got mine from the Sybase download site.  This required that I fill out
some info about myself (blah, blah, blah) ... I was then able to download
the file ... and I received an email with all the schtuff needed to
configure SYSAM.

If you didn't get the email, or you deleted it, you may want to go back and
try to download again, making sure you provide a good/working email
address.  I honestly don't know if you'll have to actually/physically
download the file again and/or re-install ASE ... you may be able to just
use the SYSAM info (from the follow on email from Sybase) to get your
currently installed version up and running.

This should get you past that initial set of error messages that were
complaining about invalid keys, etc.

--
Mark A. Parsons

Iron Horse, Inc.
iron_horse@NOSPAM.compuserve.com
0
Mark
7/13/2004 4:15:51 PM
Mark,
  Thanks for the info. I got my DE from ISUG when joining a
few months back. I'll get on to them to see if I've got a
case of SYSAM blindness or if the SYSAM info was missed from
the welcome pack.

  Cheers

            Raymond

> How did you come across your copy of 12.5.1 DE?
>
> I got mine from the Sybase download site.  This required
> that I fill out some info about myself (blah, blah, blah)
> .. I was then able to download the file ... and I received
> an email with all the schtuff needed to configure SYSAM.
>
> If you didn't get the email, or you deleted it, you may
> want to go back and try to download again, making sure you
> provide a good/working email address.  I honestly don't
> know if you'll have to actually/physically download the
> file again and/or re-install ASE ... you may be able to
> just use the SYSAM info (from the follow on email from
> Sybase) to get your currently installed version up and
> running.
>
> This should get you past that initial set of error
> messages that were complaining about invalid keys, etc.
>
> --
> Mark A. Parsons
>
> Iron Horse, Inc.
> iron_horse@NOSPAM.compuserve.com
0
Raymond
7/14/2004 9:39:07 AM
Raymond, Mardle wrote:

> Mark,
>   Thanks for the info. I got my DE from ISUG when joining a
> few months back. I'll get on to them to see if I've got a
> case of SYSAM blindness or if the SYSAM info was missed from
> the welcome pack.

Alternatively ... especially if it takes a bit of time to get a reply from
someone 'in the know' over at ISUG ... just hit the download section
sybase.com ... doesn't take long and the email (with instructions) is
generated automatically.

--
Mark A. Parsons

Iron Horse, Inc.
iron_horse@NOSPAM.compuserve.com
0
Mark

Difference between ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition and non-Developer's Edition
I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib directory only has the .so files and not the .a files. Any help? On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700, wrote: > I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of > ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the > Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib > directory only has the .so files and not...

Installing ASE 12.5.1 Developer's edition
Hi, My installation of ASE12.5.1 on RH8 is failing at theend when it tries to create the server. It looks like this is being caused by a shared memory configuration problem, which in Solaris was set in the /etc/system file. If this is the same issue, where is that setting in RH linux? Here's what I'm getting in the log file: os_create_region: can't allocate 37445632 bytes kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region kistartup: could not create shared memory On 3 Dec 2003 11:26:17 -0800, in sybase.public.ase.linux Germano <Germano_Silva@Brown.edu> wrote...

ASE 12.5 developer's edition
I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition? J. Cavanaugh I guess your running wintendo, check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered -- Joop "The trouble with the concept of time is, there is no such thing as time, there is only an unlimited permutation of now" http://thedominion.cc "J...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition?
Hello is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris available? I want to simulate a customers environment for development. Kind regrads Michael On Dec 12, 12:07=A0pm, Michael Grimm wrote: > Hello > > is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris > available? I want to simulate a customers environment for > development. The completely free version isn't available anymore. I think there is one available from eshop.sybase.com. It's not free, though the cost is fairly low if I remember correctly. Michael Hi, thanks for t...

ase 12.5 developer's edition and mandrake 9
Hi, just downloaded the ase 12.5 developer's edition, can any one give me a quick guide on how to install it? i'm using mandrake 9. thanks. Frank ...

ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition: Available?
Folks, Is ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition still available? I have followed several links to http://www.sybase.com/ase_1252devel but I get We're sorry, this page is no longer available. I am specifically interested in 12.5.2 for Solaris/SPARC, as that is our main platform at work. Thanks! Eric Try the 15.0 Developer's Edition: http://www.sybase.com/ase_1500devel HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 ...

Upgrade from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub3ff97039 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I've just upgraded from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1. I tried to start the server, but it won't startup. Here is the message: sybase(ASE1250)328 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> startserver -f RUN_AMXDB sybase(ASE1250)329 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 kernel Use license file /app/sybase/SYSAM-1_0/licenses/license.dat. 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 ker...

dump/load from ASE 12.5.1 Tru64 to ASE 12.5 HPUX
Hi evrybody, Do you know if there is a way to load on ASE 12.5.1 HP-UX a dump from ASE 12.5.1 Tru64 ? or a dump from ASE 12.5.1 linux RHEL3 ? nb: support send me a patch 12.5..3 only for backupserver on Tru64 with the one I can make dump from Tru64 12.5.1 to linux 12.51. Thank you. Cecile D. 12.5.3 provides for database dump and loads across platforms with different OS and/or hardware (ie, different endianess). However, there are a few prerequisites ... see the 'New Features' manual for 12.5.3 for details about dumping and loading between different OS/hardware pl...

ASE-12.5.1 Developer Edition?
Hi, anyone know when ASE-12.5.1 Developer Edition will be available for free download from Sybase web site? Thanks. Markus On 14 Oct 2003 11:28:56 -0700, in sybase.public.ase.linux Markus Reiner <mreiner@onlinehome.de> wrote: >Hi, > >anyone know when ASE-12.5.1 Developer Edition will be available for free >download from Sybase web site? > >Thanks. > >Markus > > Hi Markus, ASE 12.5.1 developer version is scheduled for next month (November). thanks Jason L. Froebe TeamSybase (http://www.TeamSybase.com) Internationa...

ASE Developer Edition 12.5.0.1
Quick question. Is it possible to apply the updates of ASE ie: 12.5.0.2 for Linux to the developer edition and still use the developer license? I have so stability issues with the Dev edition and was hoping a patch would clear up the troubles. Thanks On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:17:34 -0800, User wrote: > Quick question. > > Is it possible to apply the updates of ASE ie: 12.5.0.2 for Linux to the > developer edition and still use the developer license? Yes. In fact 12.5.0.2 comes with a license.dat file that has the dev edition license by default. And of cou...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edtion
Hi all! I tried do download ASE 12.5 Dev. Ed. from http://www.sybase.com/ase_125devel But the link does not work: http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ase_125_dev_download.jsp Does anyone know where i can get it? Thanx Axel ...

What's confirmed to be in ASE 12.5.1/6?
When will Sybase confirm what is and is not in 12.5.1? The version must be close to being feature locked to make a Q3 release as indicated at sybase.com. It would be nice to know if this is a release to hold out a few more months for or if migration efforts should ignore this and focus in on 12.5.0.3 etc. Grant Queenin Grant wrote: > When will Sybase confirm what is and is not in 12.5.1? The version must be > close to being feature locked to make a Q3 release as indicated at > sybase.com. It would be nice to know if this is a release to hold out a few > more months f...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

Web resources about - ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition licenses - sybase.ase.administration