String array problem

Hi all!
I had this problem with string arrays.
The situation was the following:
a) the string array was populated using the ProfileString command from an
ini file.
b) later, the string array elements were used as arguments in datawindows
Retrieve method

The problem was that the datawindows appeared empty (0 rows), the cause of
it was that the string array arguments were not readed properly.
For example if the ini file input string was literally written as "001"  the
Retrieve method received the argument as it should be, checked using Appeon
Debug, but it was not able to understand that the " was to be removed.
The solution I used was to trim the original string by removing the two "
symbols.
The client-server deployed version works fine with the "001" elements.
This happened with a v2.8 trial version.

Warm regards,
Andrea Bonifazio

0
Andrea
1/8/2005 10:22:46 AM
sybase.appeon 804 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Andrea,

What you have observed is correct: the ini file input string should not
contain quotation mark. Therefore, to get the INI file working well in the
deployed applications, make sure there is no quotation mark included in the
values of INI files.

Appeon Help has described the naming rules for the files, sections, registry
keys used in the Registry and Profile functions (in the Functions | System
Functions | Registry function section).

(The names of the files, sections, and registry keys):
1. Must start with an ��_' (underscore) or an '$' (dollar sign) or a letter.
2. Can include any combination of characters, numbers, '.' (point), '_'
(underscore), '-' (dash), space, '\' (backslash) and '$' (dollar sign).
3. Cannot include single quotation mark, quotation mark, '&' (ampersand
sign), or '/' (slash).

Regards,
Julie

"Andrea Bonifazio" <abonifazio@vegatecnologie.it> wrote in message
> Hi all!
> I had this problem with string arrays.
> The situation was the following:
> a) the string array was populated using the ProfileString command from an
> ini file.
> b) later, the string array elements were used as arguments in datawindows
> Retrieve method
>
> The problem was that the datawindows appeared empty (0 rows), the cause of
> it was that the string array arguments were not readed properly.
> For example if the ini file input string was literally written as "001"
the
> Retrieve method received the argument as it should be, checked using
Appeon
> Debug, but it was not able to understand that the " was to be removed.
> The solution I used was to trim the original string by removing the two "
> symbols.
> The client-server deployed version works fine with the "001" elements.
> This happened with a v2.8 trial version.
>
> Warm regards,
> Andrea Bonifazio

0
Julie

problems parsing array or associative array (of strings) in from RenderScript
I can not find a way for my atlas server RendScript to contain a subnode representing an array or associative array and pass this information to the client object (successfully at least). Atlas seems to want a sophisticated object contained as array elements. Is there anyway to have an array (from RenderScript) parse easliy by atlas client object? The sample RendScript code here:  protected override void RenderScript(ScriptTextWriter writer, Control targetControl) {   Foo foo = targetControl as Foo;   FooExtenderProperties properties = GetTargetPro...

Problem accessing an array from a string which contains the name of the array
I am trying to access the elements of an array by using javascript on the client side.  The array is registered to the page using the ClientScript.RegisterArrayDeclaration function from the server side. The problem is that I don't know what the name of the array is going to be at design time because it is created dynamically from my server side script so I can't just have a line in my javascript code that says for example: MyArray5[0] I have to have a variable that turns out to be a string containing the name of the array using code similar to: var myArrayName&nbs...

Problem with String[] Arrays
What the problem with the code below, the red part is complaining that Argument '1': cannot convert from 'string[]' to 'string'Why?public static void Main(string[] args)        {            string[] FilesToBeZipped = { "C:\\zip\\Roger.doc", "C:\\zip\\Roger2.doc", "C:\\zip\\Roger3.doc" };            RunZip(FilesToBeZipped, "Obinna.Zip");        }            &nbs...

Weird problem passing string array: Cannot deserialize object graph into type of 'System.String[]'
Hi-I have a strange error occurring, which I can't seem to figure out.  I'm passing an array of strings to a prototyped function, which in turn calls an Atlas function:SomeTest.prototype.TestArrayPassing= function (myarray) {    BridgeCanada.WebServices.TestService.TestArray(          myarray,        {            onMethodComplete: Function.createDelegate(this, this.OnTestArrayComplete),         &n...

Problem compare string with array
Hello all, i have problem, and i don't know where is my mistake. --- #!/usr/bin/perl @myarra = ("test","error","block"); $file = 'sorted'; # File contain records xxx.xxx.xxx # i need last symbols after last -> . open(FILE, $file); while ($data = <FILE>) { $backupdata = $data; $data =~ s/^(\S+)\.//g; # Remove xxx.xxx. get last 2 or 3 symbols after last -> . $data = lc($data); # make $data to lowercast for ($i = 0; $i < 3; ++$i) { if ($data eq $myarra[$i]) # no any outputs :( # if ($data =~...

Problem with dynamic string array
Hi All I do have the following problem I declare a string array here private Details : array of array of String; //Details : Array[0..53,0..3] of string; somewhere in the code I assign values to it SetLength(Details, 53,3); for i := 0 to 52 do begin Details[i,0] := '-'; Details[i,1] := IntToStr(i); Details[i,2] := FullName; Details[i,3] := prio; end; everything is fine, but if I then call via a Button Event //Details := nil; Release; I got Exeptions. If I do this with a non Dynamic Array everything is fine, what do I...

Interop problem with array of strings
I am calling another companies WebService that has been working for many other clients (non ASP.NET clients). All the calls work perfectly, except for one call that specifies an array of strings (it is the only call using an array of strings). Calling the function throws an exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (5, 5). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='string', namespace='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/', at <getRelatedBooksReturn xmlns=''>. The webService company is not li...

Problem with Array of strings in SQL...
I am using the code given below which works fine for array of integers, can anyone help me to convert this code to use it for array of strings basically i want to store the search keywords in the array of strings and use them in the stored procedure.CREATE Function fnSplitter (@IDs Varchar(100) )  Returns @Tbl_IDs Table  (ID Int)  As  Begin  -- Append comma Set @IDs =  @IDs + ','  -- Indexes to keep the position of searching Declare @Pos1 Int Declare @pos2 Int  -- Start from first character  Set @Pos1=1 Set @Pos2=1 ...

byte array to string problem
Hi all,       I'm trying to print out a byte [] using the .ToString() method. But it just prints out "System.byte[]".  Why is it like this??? Normally types print out their type name in ToString method , that's the default implementation, unless there are some for which converting to string makes more sense (such as integer to string).With byte array, the implementation comes from the base class System.Array (base class for all arrays). If you want to print the byte array, you can loop it through and generate the string yourself from individual ...

Simple Array String problem
hi, I have defined an array string dim string_array() as string and now i want it to be cleared before i set values to it, but i can't seem to handle that. ..clear doesn't work, it requires some extra parameters such as array, index, and integer. is there something out there, that's new for me to learn. please help Are you aware of the ArrayList? It has a Clear() method: ArrayList al = new ArrayList(); al.Clear(); i did finally get it done with Arraylist, but was wondering if the same effect is possible using ArrayString, instead of Arraylist thank you ...

External Function string array problem
The API for the database I'm using (SQLBase) has a function that returns the names of all databases on the database server. The function has a reference argument which is a pointer to the variable it returns the database names into. Each name is null-terminated. The end of the list is marked by an extra null-terminator. For example, the database names demo, payables, and emp are returned in this format: demo\0payables\0emp\0\0 Is there any way in Powerbuilder that I can get at the entire array? At the moment I am only seeing the first item. This is the function call: FU...

Problem with ReDim of Multidimensional String Array
VWD 2005 Express.  Visual Basic. I have a string array that needs to grow in size programmatically.  I start our declaring the array: Dim ChaplainList(0 To 0, 0 To 1) as String Then in a loop (wherein the variable I is increasing), I have tried: Redim Preserve ChaplainList(I) ReDim Preserve ChaplainList(0 to I, 0 to 1) and other combinations.  I always get an error that says, "'ReDim' can only change the rightmost dimension."  What is the proper syntax to change only the first dimension of this array?  Thanks for the help.Dr. Douglas PruiettGo...

Problems converting a byte array to string
Hello,i need some help on this one, i have a byte array with some information i get from an UDP serverhere is an example of what my code looks like Dim b() As Byte = {0, 179, 68, 252, 255, 128, 234, 244} Dim s As String = System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString(b) Debug.WriteLine(s) Now if notice the first byte is 0, when this happens my result string will be nothingAny ideas on how to fix this?Thank you   I notice you're using encoding Default... 0 is often a string terminator, which could be your issue. Maybe try some of the other encodings until you find one that fi...

Number of Strings in an array of Strings
Hello all, I have the following code: {code} const String Interface[] = {"TCP/IP","UDP/IP","RS232","RS485"}; const String BaudRate[] = {"600","1200","2400","4800","9600","19200","38400","56700"}; .. .. .. Idx = 0; while (Idx++ < (sizeof(Interface)/sizeof(Interface[0]))) cbFAMSInterface->Items->Add(Interface[Idx]); Idx = 0; while (Idx++ < (sizeof(BaudRate)/sizeof(BaudRate[0]))) cbFAMSBaudRate->Items->Add(BaudRate[Idx]); {code} T...

Web resources about - String array problem - sybase.appeon

Corporate Australia's real problem: ancient companies
Our biggest companies are pretty aged, compared to the dynamic corporate giants that power the world's biggest economy.

November 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 255 Institutions
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for November 2015. Changes ...

Acampora on problems in the market
Master technician Ralph Acampora says he has some doubts about this "fractured" market.

Tri-Valley has no problem against Auburn to win 2A title
... form Search 39° Navigation Home Blackhawks Bulls Cubs White Sox Bears Fire Notre Dame Preps More Tickets Shop Watch Tri-Valley has no problem ...

Tesla Unveils ‘Cheap’ $80,000 SUV, As Problems Mount For The Automaker
Tesla unveiled an $80,000 “budget” version of its Tesla Model X SUV Tuesday as the company struggles to sell cars and burns through cash at an ...

Apple TV's Ugly Problem Solved By Great New Accessory
Apple TV's Ugly Problem Solved By Great New Accessory

Family evicted, building deemed unlivable: Landlord cannot fix problems, he was murdered
... A Milwaukee family has been forced to leave their apartment. Their building has been declared unlivable. The landlord was required to fix problems ...

Icy roads causing problems for Thanksgiving travelers around Colorado Springs
Dress warm this holiday, temperatures Thursday are predicted to be colder...

London's New Bridge For Pedestrians Solves a Common Problem With Clever Engineering
It’s by design that most modern cities grew up around rivers or coastlines. But today, those bodies of water pose problems for thousands of commuters ...