Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0

What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0?
0
dburris
3/17/2004 5:51:15 PM
sybase.appeon 804 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase
and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues.
Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff
and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX.
Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire.

Thanks,
Julie Jiang
Appeon Corporation

<dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message
> What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0?

0
Julie

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Oracle 8.0.5 vs Powerbuilder 5.0.04
Hello People. I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. Somebody know where i find this. There is only a beta OR8 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sergio Augusto wrote in message ... >Hello People. > >I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. > >Somebody know where i find this. > > > > ...

PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 version
Hi, We have a customer who have among 40 legacy systems in PowerBuilder 7 and using Oracle8i, release 8.1.7.4.0. Now their database's team want to upgrade their database to the version 9.2.0.8.0 of Oracle, but before this we need to know if the version 7 of PowerBuilder can work with Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 Somebody know if is it possible? Hi Leonardo; 1) WOW ... O9i is no longer supported by Oracle. Why would they want to use that obsolete DB software? 2) I believe that PB 7 only supported 8i - so you would have to stay with that OCI level. The O8i interface should still ...

hints expression oracle 9.0 in Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello cheers to all. I got this sql from Orable 9.0, we need to put a hint expression in this sql to improve the performance on the execution of the sql, well i dont know if this run fine in sql embeded, because this expression use /* */ operator, like the following example. In powerbuilde these operators are used to put comments in the script.. SELECT /* + INDEX ("CB_MOV_PAG" "CB_MOV_PAG1") */ sum ("CB_MOV_DET"."MON_PAG") FROM "CB_MOV_DET", "CB_MOV_PAG" WHERE ( "CB_MOV_DET"."COD_CIA"...

Powerbuilder 8 / Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 error
When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle 8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on Oracle 8i. Number 3120 Select error: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow What version of Oracle is the server? Perhaps it's an Oracle bug. On 10 Sep 2003 06:42:55 -0700, Marsha Jacobs wrote: >When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle >8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle >8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on >Oracl...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.0 to 8.0
Hello, I've ran into this problem before, but I cannot remember what it was I did. I am trying to migrate an application created in PowerBuilder 6.0 to PowerBuilder 8.0. About half way through the migration I get an error that reads: "C0001 Illegal Data Type: s_currentopenwindow" I remember it had something to do with the global variables, but again, I cannot remember what I did last time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chip Evans Star Systems Services, Inc. In the change from PB6 to PB7, public structures became a no-no. You can, howe...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0 - sybase.appeon

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles