Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10

Hi,

I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing
requirements application has to be switched to PB10.
There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL,
it is giving error stating:

C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon.

This error is coming for few windows but not for the
functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly
fine for pb6.5.

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Manich
0
Manich
4/18/2008 3:55:20 PM
sybase.appeon 804 articles. 0 followers. Follow

First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate
your app.

Karla

<Manich Tripathi> escribi� en el mensaje
> Hi,
>
> I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing
> requirements application has to be switched to PB10.
> There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL,
> it is giving error stating:
>
> C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon.
>
> This error is coming for few windows but not for the
> functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly
> fine for pb6.5.
>
> Can you please help me on this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Manich

0
KARLA

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

Asc conversion Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5.1
In our original 6.5 encryption code we have the line: b = Asc (String(bl_byte)) Which works fine. It does not work at all in 10.5.1. So we used the code: b = Asc (String(bl_byte,EncodingAnsi!)) This works fine but is returning a different ASCII value. I have tried the different Encoding values and haven't got it to work. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Jeff I experienced a similar problem. Look at the AscA function instead. Brad "JTS" <jschulz@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote in message news:1167233913.298233.172280@n51g2000cwc.googlegroup...

Nested Reports and Appeon 5.0 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just upgrade to PowerBuilder 10.5.1 from PowerBuilder 9 with Appeon 5.0. I installed all EBF's and on one of my reports with nested datawindows, that worked perfectly before, now gives a -1 on the retrieve. Also it works perfectly just running the application form inside of power builder. Any suggestions. Hi It seems you also send an email to Appeon tech support and following is my answer. The problem should be caused by using an Appeon incompatible PBVM. Appeon certified build for PB 10.5 is 10.5.0.4523 but 10.5.1 plus. Since this is an Appeon Java-script deployed appli...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

upgrading powerbuilder from 6.5 to 10
I want to upgrade a powerbuilder application from 6.5 to 10 I could not find any documentation any where can you please indicate where I can find this thanks subramnayam Have a look at: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1032777 <subramanyam mekala> wrote in message news:421c9db1.1996.1681692777@sybase.com... > I want to upgrade a powerbuilder application from 6.5 to 10 > I could not find any documentation any where > > can you please indicate where I can find this > > > thanks > subramnayam subramanyam, The complexity of the migra...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Powerbuilder
Our shop is considering going from version 6.5 to version 10.0. The upgrade would also include using the new pfc libraries. On average, how long should it take to upgrade an application with 25 pbls, of which 15 are the PFC,Corporate, and PFC entension layers. thanks, dean I'm not exactly sure what you're after, but the vast majority of your time should probably be spent, IMHO, on testing and debugging. You're changing the foundations of your software; any assumptions about what works and what doesn't should be thrown out (at least in QA theory). You're the b...

Web resources about - Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10 - sybase.appeon

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles