datawindow tab order

Not all of my datawindows will not let me use the tab key to go from field to
field.  If I recreate the DW it is fine for awhile then I have to use the mouse
again.  Any Ideas on how to get this to continue to work?

TIA
kam
6/17/2005 7:35:01 PM
sybase.appeon 804 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your problem cannot be reproduced in Appeon's lab. We suggest you check the
following first:
1.      Ensure that the switch between tabs in the PowerBuilder application
always works normally.

2.   Check the scripts in the DataWindows (with the tab keys working
normally or abnormally).  See whether the problematic DataWindows contain
any script that controls the way the tab works, or changes the properties
that is related with tab key usage.

3.      Ensure the time set for session timeout in AEM is long enough for
the running of your application. You can go to AEM Console > Server
Properties > Web to check the session timeout settings, by default it is
3600m.

If the problem is still there, please provide me the following information:

1) A simple test case and its database for reproducing the error.

2) Environment information, including OS version and package, IE version and
package, EAServer version, Appeon for PowerBuilder version, and PowerBuilder
version.

Regards,

Julie

"kam" <keithmiller_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Not all of my datawindows will not let me use the tab key to go from field
> field.  If I recreate the DW it is fine for awhile then I have to use the
mouse
> again.  Any Ideas on how to get this to continue to work?
>
> TIA

Julie
6/20/2005 11:04:09 AM
There is nothing in the object or control that plays with the tab order or
handeling of the tab key.  It is the latest version of APPEON download from the
Website.  I did see that I was using the window type of child (this kept it
running in the Explorer window using the accelorator)  If I changed it to Main
the tabbing worked but the window ran outside of the IE window.  I just posted a
questions about window types on the forum.

On 20 Jun 2005 04:04:09 -0700,
 in sybase.public.appeon
Julie Jiang <julie.jiang@appeon.net> wrote:
>Your problem cannot be reproduced in Appeon's lab. We suggest you check the
>following first:
>1.      Ensure that the switch between tabs in the PowerBuilder application
>always works normally.
>
>2.   Check the scripts in the DataWindows (with the tab keys working
>normally or abnormally).  See whether the problematic DataWindows contain
>any script that controls the way the tab works, or changes the properties
>that is related with tab key usage.
>
>3.      Ensure the time set for session timeout in AEM is long enough for
>the running of your application. You can go to AEM Console > Server
>Properties > Web to check the session timeout settings, by default it is
>3600m.
>

>If the problem is still there, please provide me the following information:
>
>1) A simple test case and its database for reproducing the error.
>
>2) Environment information, including OS version and package, IE version and
>package, EAServer version, Appeon for PowerBuilder version, and PowerBuilder
>version.
>

>Regards,
>
>Julie
>

>"kam" <keithmiller_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Not all of my datawindows will not let me use the tab key to go from field
>> field.  If I recreate the DW it is fine for awhile then I have to use the
>mouse
>> again.  Any Ideas on how to get this to continue to work?
>>
>> TIA
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
kam
6/21/2005 1:55:31 PM
If you try to use tab key in a child window before the main (parent) window
is open, the tab key does not work. The reason is that opening a child
window before opening the main (parent) window is an invalid operation in
both PowerBuilder and Appeon.

In Appeon, only MDI or MDIHelp window runs within the IE browser, the other
types of windows run outside of the IE window. If you want a window to run
within IE window, please change your window type into MDI or MDIHelp.

> There is nothing in the object or control that plays with the tab order or
> handeling of the tab key.  It is the latest version of APPEON download
from the
> Website.  I did see that I was using the window type of child (this kept
it
> running in the Explorer window using the accelorator)  If I changed it to
Main
> the tabbing worked but the window ran outside of the IE window.  I just
posted a
> questions about window types on the forum.
>

> On 20 Jun 2005 04:04:09 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.appeon
> Julie Jiang <julie.jiang@appeon.net> wrote:
> >Your problem cannot be reproduced in Appeon's lab. We suggest you check
the
> >following first:
> >1.      Ensure that the switch between tabs in the PowerBuilder
application
> >always works normally.
> >
> >2.   Check the scripts in the DataWindows (with the tab keys working
> >normally or abnormally).  See whether the problematic DataWindows contain
> >any script that controls the way the tab works, or changes the properties
> >that is related with tab key usage.
> >
> >3.      Ensure the time set for session timeout in AEM is long enough for
> >the running of your application. You can go to AEM Console > Server
> >Properties > Web to check the session timeout settings, by default it is
> >3600m.
> >

> >If the problem is still there, please provide me the following
information:

> >1) A simple test case and its database for reproducing the error.
> >
> >2) Environment information, including OS version and package, IE version
and
> >package, EAServer version, Appeon for PowerBuilder version, and
PowerBuilder
> >version.
> >

> >Regards,
> >
> >Julie
> >

> >"kam" <keithmiller_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Not all of my datawindows will not let me use the tab key to go from
field
> >> field.  If I recreate the DW it is fine for awhile then I have to use
the
> >mouse
> >> again.  Any Ideas on how to get this to continue to work?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Julie

tab order in datawindow control in tab page
I have a window with a tab control and tab pages are opened dynamically. Each tabpage has a datawindow control. During runtime, the objects on the window are included in the tab order but the columns in the datawindow object on the tab page are not. Does anyone know how to include the fields in the datawindow control in the tab order so that when the user hits the tab key, focus does not move to another object on the window and moves to the next field in the datawindow object? Seems like a silly question, but did you check the tab order in the datawindow painter? What about th...

Did EAS 3.5 fix the problem where the tab order skips over drop down datawindows in the html datawindow?
I noticed this problem in EAS 3.0 and thought that it would be fixed in EAS 3.5. However, I just installed EAS 3.5 and it still seems to be a problem. Has anyone else had the same problem? Thanks. This is a known issue. According to Sybase it is an issue with IE. I'm not 100% sure there's not something that can be done about that...I'm pushing. What's interesting is that tabbing in Netscape works fine with dddw fields. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles (http://sdn.sybase.com/s...

Tab Order Out Of Order
I have a web page with 3 textboxes. I want them to tab from the top one to the middle and then to the bottom one. I have tried acheiving this two ways. Firstly in the properties pane I set the tab index to 0 for the first, 1 for the second and 2 for the last textbox. When I run the code the focus starts on the first textbox then it jumps to the address box of internet explorer itself and then to the third textbox and finally to second textbox. Not quite what I had in mind. Secondly I tried putting this code in the Page_Load: Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, B...

Tab order on editable datawindows
I have a page that has multiple editable datawindows. Each datawindow can have multiple rows. In the client-server PowerBuilder app, the keyboard tab works in this fashion...when a field has focus in a datawindow, the tab keyboard action will set focus to the next field WITHIN the datawindow. At the last field, the focus jumps to the next row. In the browser DataWindow.net, the keyboard tab works in this fashion... .when a field has focus in a datawindow, the tab keyboard action will set focus to a field OUTSIDE the datawindow to another Datawindow. There seems to be no pattern ...

Nested Datawindow and Tab Order
I have a nested Datawindow which I need to allow focus to individual lines for 'drill down' purposes. I understand that the default for PB is to make the object readonly whenever a report object is present. I've seen several postings where individuals have encountered this challenge in the past. Anyone have a solution that does not involve getting rid of the nested dw? I'm running PB 5.04 on W2K against SQL Server 6.5. (Has this been addressed in PB 8? The app is undergoing specific changes now and will migrated to PB 8 ASAP) Thanks in advance. Bill Burtnik Yo...

Tab order and buttons on Datawindows
When you have added a button to a data window is there a way to add it to the tab order? Weldon No Philip, The verbose nature of your responses is really affecting the bandwidth availability of myself and those around me. Do you think you could curtail the rambling a little? -EGM <Philip_Salgannik> wrote in message news:5C13DD50E36B7AB4005BA9BD85256BFB.005AA57C85256BFB@webforums... > No ...

Tab order between two datawindows
Hello, I have two datawindow in a window, first datawindow have 5 fields, after third field when user enter a tab, cursor should move to the second datawindow , after that cursor should go back to first window when user enters a tab. please suggest me what would be the best approach for this. Thanks, kumar. You will have to code your own tab logic. I'm not sure what the best approach would be. Maybe you can use the ItemFocusChanged datawindow event with the KeyDown function. e.g. IF dwo.Name = "4thColumn" AND KeyDown(KeyTab!) THEN dw_2.SetFocus() END I...

Tab Order on Web DataWindows
Help.... I set the tab order for a web datawindow in the hopes that it would be applied on the web page and it still just seems to jump randomly from columns on the dw to other objects on the page. I have also set tab indexes on the .Net side as well. Can anybody apply any reason to get everything in sync? TIA Mike On 22 Feb 2006 08:58:18 -0800, "Mike" <mike@hbmaynard.com> wrote: >Help.... > >I set the tab order for a web datawindow in the hopes that it would be >applied on the web page and it still just seems to jump randomly from ...

Format Tab Order in a datawindow
I am trying to use the format tab order to change the tab order in the datawindow painter. My problem is that I have made the tab order changes and saved them. But when I execute the program and tab thru the fields on the datawindow, the tab sequence didn't change. (Yep, I went back to make sure I was referencing the right datawindow. I also checked to make sure the datawindow had saved the new tab orders.) Is this a bug? Or am I just missing something here? Brett Is there a chance that you have two copies of that datawindow in the library path, and the one the app is see...

User object in tab-order on datawindow
Hi, On a window I have placed a datawindow with a userobject on top of it. The userobject gets placed so that the user thinks it is part of the datawindow. (It's kind of a modifiable nested report). The problem I'm having is to find a mechanism to get the tab-order right. The user tabs through columns on the datawindow and must think the userobject is also a column. For now I can only tab into the user object before I tab into the datawindow or after I tab out of the datawindow. Does anybody know a solution? TIA, Michael Homeijer (I am still waiting for PB to imple...

Tab control and Tab Order
I am using PB 7.03. I have a tab control with three tab pages. One of these tab pages has two datawindows and two radio buttons. I set the tab order of all of these objects in the open event of the window. When this tab page is selected, it retrieves both datawindows. The first datawindow has eight editable fields. When you tab through the last field, instead of the focus going to one of the radio buttons on the tab page like it should, a new row is being inserted into the datawindow and sets focus on the first field. If you then tab through all of the fields, it will then tab...

tab order on tab control
In PB 6.5 I have a tab control with three tab pages. On each page I have several objects -- buttons, datawindows and the like. How do I set the 'tab order' for the objects on any one page? When I choose Tab Order from the Design menu, the only object that seems to have a tab order (a number in red displays) is the entire tab control itself, rather than the objects on it. Yet clearly when the app is running you can tab around among the various objects. Thanks. right-click inside the tabpage and select Tab Order HTH, stephen "Rick Charnes" <rick.cha...

TABS, the order you switch between tabs
Name: Johan Hallgren Email: hallgrendotjohanatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: TABS, the order you switch between tabs Comments: Hi there you wonderful Firefox developers, I have been annoyed for quite a while now over that when you switch between tabs, having at least three tabs open, using the tab/Ctrl combo, and then release the keys, it should remember the last tab used and go to that one when you press tab/Ctrl, and not just go round and around through the open tabs in a circle. Most often you just want to switch between two of the tabs and it is very annoying...

Tab Controls and Tab Order
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1A9A3.1155BEC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using a Tab Control on a window and on this Tab Control I have some = SingleLineEdits and some other controls. Is there some way to set the = Tab Order of these controls within the Tab Control? I can't figure it = out. Thanks in advance. Shenn Sellers waste.ssellers@co.riverside.ca.us Riverside County Waste Management ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1A9A3.1155BEC0 Conten...

Web resources about - datawindow tab order - sybase.appeon

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo