Calling Oracle Stored Function calls using JDBC?

To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB
interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app on
Appeon.

Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from PB using
JDBC.

Some sample code would be apprecaited..

JDBC
3/11/2004 9:25:48 PM
sybase.appeon 804 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0

Hi,=20

Please note that "to prepare your application for Appeon Server", it is =
uncessary to change the function call from using Native Oracle Driver to =
using JDBC.  The Web application connects to Appeon Server connection =
cache, and Appeon only requires that the driver specified in the =
connection cache is JDBC driver.

Nevertheless, the following is the syntax for calling Oracle stored =
function from PowerBuilder using JDBC:

 --PB Cursor style call
     declare lcs_test2 cursor for execute up_orp501_002(:ls_id);
     open lcs_test2;
     fetch lcs_test2 into :ls_name;
     close lcs_test2;

--PB Procedure style call
     declare lcs_test2 procedure for up_orp501_002(:ls_id);
     execute lcs_test2;
     fetch lcs_test2 into :ls_name;
     close lcs_test2;

---Function Declare
     create or replace function up_orp501_002(av_id varchar2)
        return varchar2 is                                  =20
            lv_name orp_emp.v_name%type;                        =20
     begin                                               =20
      select v_name                                       =20
       from orp_emp                                  =20
      where v_id =3D av_id;   =20

Regards,
Julie Jiang
Appeon Corporation

"JDBC" <jdbc@pbAppeon.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our =
Oracle DB
> interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy =
the app on
> Appeon.
>=20
> Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function =
from PB using
> JDBC.
>=20
> Some sample code would be apprecaited..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ---=3D=3D Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader =3D=3D---
------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please note that "to prepare your =
application for=20
Appeon Server", it is uncessary to change the function call from using =
Native=20
Oracle Driver to using JDBC.&nbsp; The Web application connects to =
Appeon Server=20
connection cache, and Appeon only requires that the driver specified in =
the=20
connection cache is JDBC driver.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nevertheless, the following is the =
syntax for=20
calling Oracle stored function from PowerBuilder using =
JDBC:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;--PB Cursor style=20
call<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; declare lcs_test2 cursor for execute=20
up_orp501_002(:ls_id);<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; open=20
lcs_test2;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fetch lcs_test2 into=20
:ls_name;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; close lcs_test2;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--PB Procedure style=20
call<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; declare lcs_test2 procedure for=20
up_orp501_002(:ls_id);<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; execute=20
lcs_test2;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fetch lcs_test2 into=20
:ls_name;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; close lcs_test2;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>---Function =
Declare<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
create or replace function up_orp501_002(av_id=20
varchar2)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; return varchar2=20
is&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
lv_name=20
orp_emp.v_name%type;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
begin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; select=20
v_name&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; from=20
orp_emp&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; where v_id =3D =
av_id;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Julie Jiang</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Appeon Corporation</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"JDBC" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:jdbc@pbAppeon.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>jdbc@pbAppeon.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in message=20
</FONT><A href=3D"news:4050da13$1@forums-2-dub"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:4050da13$1@forums-2-dub</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; <BR>&gt; To =
prepare our=20
application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB<BR>&gt; =
interaction=20
from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app =
on<BR>&gt;=20
Appeon.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call =
oracle=20
stored function from PB using<BR>&gt; JDBC.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Some sample =
code=20
would be apprecaited..<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ---=3D=3D =
Posted via the=20
PFCGuide Web Newsreader =3D=3D---<BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp</FONT></A></B=
ODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0--

0
Julie
3/12/2004 9:42:29 AM
The call to Procedure works.

BUT I am looking for a call from PB to Oracle FUNCTION that returns a value
using JDBC. Do you also have an example for that?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

On 12 Mar 2004 01:42:29 -0800,
 in sybase.public.appeon
Julie Jiang <julie.jiang@appeon.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Please note that "to prepare your application for Appeon Server", it is
uncessary to change the function call from using Native Oracle Driver to using
JDBC.  The Web application connects to Appeon Server connection cache, and
Appeon only requires that the driver specified in the connection cache is JDBC
driver.

>Nevertheless, the following is the syntax for calling Oracle stored function
from PowerBuilder using JDBC:

> --PB Cursor style call
>     declare lcs_test2 cursor for execute up_orp501_002(:ls_id);
>     open lcs_test2;
>     fetch lcs_test2 into :ls_name;
>     close lcs_test2;
>
>--PB Procedure style call
>     declare lcs_test2 procedure for up_orp501_002(:ls_id);
>     execute lcs_test2;
>     fetch lcs_test2 into :ls_name;
>     close lcs_test2;
>
>---Function Declare
>     create or replace function up_orp501_002(av_id varchar2)
>        return varchar2 is
>            lv_name orp_emp.v_name%type;
>     begin
>      select v_name
>       from orp_emp
>      where v_id = av_id;
>
>Regards,
>Julie Jiang
>Appeon Corporation
>
>"JDBC" <jdbc@pbAppeon.com> wrote in message news:4050da13$1@forums-2-dub...
>>
>> To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB
>> interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app
on
>> Appeon.
>>
>> Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from PB
using
>> JDBC.
>>
>> Some sample code would be apprecaited..
>>

>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
JDBC
3/12/2004 4:47:08 PM
If you have used RPC call to Oracle FUNCTION in your PowerBuilder
application, Appeon recommends you take one of the following two workarounds
before you convert the application with Appeon:

1) Using server NVO, i.e. placing the RPC call in a standard class (of
Transaction type), and then deploying the class to EAServer.  Please get
detailed instructions about the server NVO workaround from the section 4.2,
Distributed desktop applications, in the Appeon Migration Guide.

2) Changing "call to Oracle Function" to "call to Oracle stored procedure".
Place the function in a stored procedure, and have the OUT or IN OUT
parameter of the stored procedure as the return value of the function.

Regards,
Julie Jiang
Appeon Corporation

> >> To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our
Oracle DB
> >> interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy
the app
> on
> >> Appeon.
> >>
> >> Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from
PB
> using
> >> JDBC.
> >>
> >> Some sample code would be apprecaited..
> >>

> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Julie

is there any way to call oracle stored function, not stored procedure using .net?
I am just wondering if I can call oracle stored function instead of stored procedure.Thank in advance! you call a function just like s procedure.except you need to add a parameter for the return value.myparam ... ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;--dweezilSELECT * FROM users WHERE clue = 'yes';Records found: 0...

Calling Oracle Stored Procedure using JDBC?

Calling Oracle Stored Procedure from PB using JDBC?

how to call an oracle stored function/procedure using ODBC.NET
Hi all, I have been trying to call an oracle stored funtion and cannot make it. Can anyone give me a clue. Thanks, Ted Code........ <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Configuration" %> <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.Data...

Using RPCFUNC when calling Oracle Procedures/Functions in Oracle PACKAGES
I have looked at the documentation that I have, and found that RPCFUNC is the recommended option to call remote stored procedures. Does this, however, also work with Oracle packages (functions and procedures within an Oracle package)? I have done the following: 1. Created a user object (uo_transaction) inherited from transaction and had the following on its Decalre Local External Functions: FUNCTION string get_ins_address_zid(string address_type_zid, string address_line1, string address_line2, string address_line3, string brgy_zid) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "MAPI_CENTRAL.TBPKG__A...

How to call Oracle Stored Functions
Hi, there I've created some functions using PL/SQL. How I can call these stored functions in PowerBuiler enviroment. It seems PowerBuilder can only call stored procedures. Could it also call Oracle stored functions? I'm using PB7 and Oracle8. Thanks for any advice. Stephen Create a nvo descended from transaction. Then you declare a local external function. PB will find both functions and procedures. A function would look something like this: function double TO_UNITS(double QUANTITY_IN,string UNITS_FROM,string UNITS_TO) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "~"ATGASDBA...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

call, call(), .call, and captures
From S06: sub bar ($a,$b,$c,:$mice) { say $mice } sub foo (\$args) { say $args.perl; &bar.call($args); } The C<.call> method of C<Code> objects accepts a single C<Capture> object, and calls it without introducing a C<CALLER> frame. And from S12: In addition to C<next METHOD>, the special function C<call> dispatches to the next candidate, possibly with a new argument list: call; # calls with the original arguments call(); # calls with no arguments call(1,2,3); # calls ...

Call stored procedure inside a view (or) Use EXEC inside a view (Or) Use EXEC inside a function
Hi, All the stored procedures in our application are using a single view for data fetching from the DB.  That view contains a single select statement which fetches 2 columns from a user defined function.  We have a separate table (Say XXX) where we stored some sql queries and a flag.  Now based on the user logged in to the application we have to select some queries from the XXX.  Based on the flag column of XXX we have to UNION the result set of some queries with the view and EXCEPT the result set of the queries from the view.  What we plan is, we can create a strin...

Oracle stored procedures and functions call
For some time now, I've been trying to execute from a client station stored procedures and functions located on an oracle server (version 7.3) without any success. I tried all the methods that I knew : - First, I did declare the stored procedure (or function) as an external local function but when I tried to put it down in my script, I had the following nasty message : C0031 : Unknow function name !!! Incredible. - All right, let's give it another try. So, I decided to use embedded SQL. Here's the code that I wrote in a script. When I compile it, everything was perf...

I want to use a function to store some session variables temporarily, abandon all session variables, and then call the ones back that I stored temporarily
I have a function that I am calling (SessionResetKeepingStaticParameters) that I want to cal to be able to abandon a complete session, but keeping certain one and calling them back after abandoning them.  I can't get it to work.  Any ideas  Thanks From what I understand, you are Abandoning a session, but want to keep one session variable available, and would like to be able to retrieve this after abandoning the session. If thats not what you meant, please explain If you call Session.Abandon() to abandon a session, you can not keep any session variable alive after that,...

Stored Function (Oracle 8) Call from Jaguar
I am writing a component in which I need to execute a stored function from Jaguar. The Stored fucntion resides in an Oracle 8 DB and the component is using a defined connection cache for connectivity. I have several methods defined within the component that work great. I can successfully call a stored procedure, execute embedded SQL, and retrieve Datastores from the component but not a stored function. I have tried using RPC calls and I a GPF, I have tried using a DECLARE & EXECUTE but I get an error back from Oracle saying that the proecdure is not defined. As a test, I tried ...

ORA-06512, calling Oracle stored function
I am calling an Oracle stored function, declared as RPCFUNC in the user-defined transaction object, passing in as parameters a set of unbound arrays. If the result set has only one record, everything works fine. If I expect to retrieve more that 1 record, I am getting the following error: ORA-06512: at line ORA-06512: at line 1 The application is in PB7.0 build 5031 Oracle 7.3 Same function works perfectly In PB 5. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Zoya. P.S. This is the extract from my Trace file: (33c03a8): BEGIN TRANSACTION: (0 MilliSeconds) (3...

Question on calling Updateblob using JDBC on Oracle
Hi. I am currently running PowerBuilder 7 (Build 10108) on Oracle 8.1.6 and I have run into a problem calling UPDATEBLOB using JDBC. What I would like to do is to save a blob value in a table. Using ODBC, I had to have a row on which I'd be calling UPDATEBLOB on for it to work, so I've tried to the same approach in JDBC but it doesn't seem to work. The code runs fine but the blob is not saved to the database and transaction object does not return any error message. The PB code looks like this UPDATEBLOB blob_table SET blob_col = :ablb_blob WHERE blob_db = ...

Web resources about - Calling Oracle Stored Function calls using JDBC? - sybase.appeon

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Fatally weak MD5 function torpedoes crypto protections in HTTPS and IPSEC
... US Navy ) If you thought MD5 was banished from HTTPS encryption, you'd be wrong. It turns out the fatally weak cryptographic hash function, ...

Learning F# – Passing Parameters to Functions
One of the first issues I faced when learning F# was finding out how to specify multiple parameters to a function. While this might sound obvious ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

1964 Archival Footage of British Soldiers Under the Effects of LSD Losing the Ability to Properly Function ...
1964 archival footage of British soldiers being given LSD-25 while training the the field. Over time they lost their ability to properly function, ...