Unresolved external when including a Delphi Component

I am using Delphi XE. I created a design time component using Delphi XE.
In the contains files of this component, I added some .pas files. Those .pas
files use functions from some dll.
When I integrate this component in my C++ Builder XE application, I get some
unresolved external errors like the one below:
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'NImageCreateFromHBitmap'
referenced from E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP\FACEDETECTION.LIB|NMedia

E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP is the directory where the .dcp, .lib and .bpi
of my component are located.
How to fix this problem?
0
Arsene
4/4/2014 1:28:03 PM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Arsene Mamert wrote:

> I am using Delphi XE. I created a design time component using Delphi
> XE.  In the contains files of this component, I added some .pas
> files. Those .pas files use functions from some dll.

I assume you mean you created a design time package. Components do not
have a "contains" section, but packages do.

> When I integrate this component in my C++ Builder XE application, I
> get some unresolved external errors like the one below:
> [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'NImageCreateFromHBitmap'
> referenced from E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP\FACEDETECTION.LIB|NMedia
>
> E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP is the directory where the .dcp, .lib
> and .bpi of my component are located.
> How to fix this problem?

Make sure the .dll is on the Windows path, so the package can find it.

--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)    http://www.teamb.com

"Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of
 the people are right more than half of the time."
 -- Elwyn B. White
0
Rudy
4/29/2014 5:12:03 PM
I tried what you said. But unfortunately, it is not working.
Is there something else I can try?

"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)"  wrote in message

Arsene Mamert wrote:

> I am using Delphi XE. I created a design time component using Delphi
> XE.  In the contains files of this component, I added some .pas
> files. Those .pas files use functions from some dll.

I assume you mean you created a design time package. Components do not
have a "contains" section, but packages do.

> When I integrate this component in my C++ Builder XE application, I
> get some unresolved external errors like the one below:
> [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'NImageCreateFromHBitmap'
> referenced from E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP\FACEDETECTION.LIB|NMedia
>
> E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP is the directory where the .dcp, .lib
> and .bpi of my component are located.
> How to fix this problem?

Make sure the .dll is on the Windows path, so the package can find it.

--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)    http://www.teamb.com

"Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of
the people are right more than half of the time."
-- Elwyn B. White
0
Arsene
4/30/2014 5:03:48 PM
Arsene Mamert wrote:
> I tried what you said. But unfortunately, it is not working.
> Is there something else I can try?

The linker also needs any dfm or Res files to be in the directory that you have
the bpi.  The error message seems ot be indicating that you do have resources,
but the resources are not in hte library path like they need to be.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"  wrote in message

Arsene Mamert wrote:
> I tried what you said. But unfortunately, it is not working.
> Is there something else I can try?

The linker also needs any dfm or Res files to be in the directory that you
have
the bpi.  The error message seems ot be indicating that you do have
resources,
but the resources are not in hte library path like they need to be.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
0
Arsene

Unresolved external when integrating a Delphi Component
I am using Delphi XE. I created a design time component using Delphi XE. In the contains files of this component, I added some .pas files. Those .pas files use functions from some dll. When I integrate this component in my C++ Builder XE application, I get some unresolved external errors like the one below: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'NImageCreateFromHBitmap' referenced from E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP\FACEDETECTION.LIB|NMedia E:\PAGEWEB\BIOMETRICSBPL\DCP is the directory where the .dcp, .lib and .bpi of my component are located. How to fix this problem?...

Which VCL components are (not) included in Delphi XE5 starter?
I currently own RAD Studio 2010 Professional with which I have developed a few Delphi applications, mainly for personal use. I only develop for Windows 32-bit platform and do NOT use Database components, I consider switching from Delphi 2010 Professional to Delphi XE5 Starter Edition and would like to know if my current applications can be compiled with Delphi XE5 Starter. Is there a way to check this _before_ buying Delphi XE5 ? My main concern is that some VCL components from Delphi 2010 Professional are not included in Delphi XE5 Starter Edition, but I cannot find a list which components...

I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi
Hi there, I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi. How do I forced to load as c++? Thanks for the help Jorge <Jorge Uriarte> wrote in message news:393178@forums.embarcadero.com... > I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi. How > do I forced to load as c++? Did you actually install the C++ personality? Are you loading the IDE using the "Delphi 2010" shortcut (which loads bds.exe with the "-pDelphi" command line parameter)? You should be using the "C++Builder 2010" shortcut (...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

ANN: Bricksoft IM VCL Component v8.2 released. All components support Delphi 2009!
All components support Delphi 2009! Please download the trial version(http://www.imcomponents.com/bsimtrial.zip) if you like. -- Bricksoft Support Bricksoft IM(MSN+YAHOO+AIM+ICQ+Jabber/GTalk) SDK For NET/VCL/COM/SOAP - http://www.imcomponents.com/ "Jianmin Wu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:72535@forums.codegear.com... > All components support Delphi 2009! with D2009 support, do you still require TNT controls for unicode ? Also do you have any plans to support emoticons ? Regards, Danny Component and demo for D2009 don't need TNT cont...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

How to uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007?
Guys How do I uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007? Mark Moss Nevermind I figured out how to do it. Mark Moss "Mark Moss" <markemoss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:245205@forums.embarcadero.com... > Guys > > > How do I uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007? > > > Mark Moss ...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

skin component for VCL.NET Delphi 2007 ?
I'm trying to find out a component which skin forms automatically. It needs to be VCL.Net component for Delphi 2007. I tried to find one on the web with no success. There are many for VCL but not for VCL.Net. Thanks, Rumen ...

Delphi VCL components properties history articles
Hi, i would like to know where i can found Delphi VCL components properties history information because i need to know from wich Delphi version a property exists or from wich version a protected procedure was marcked with "virtual" command from a standard component. Thanks, Maurício "Julio Pião" <=?Utf-8?Q?Julio_Pi=C3=A3o?=> wrote in message news:292952@forums.embarcadero.com... > i would like to know where i can found Delphi VCL components > properties history information AFAIK, that kind of list does not exist anywhere. > i ...

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

MAC OS-style VCL components for Delphi?
Hi all, I saw an application that I am interested in porting from C to Delphi (http://thirdcog.eu/apps/cfxr) and found it comes with a win32 version, using IMHO yucky controls, and a nice shiny native MAC version (Coca, etc). I really like the look, of the Mac port...I was wondering if there are any VCL controls (preferably free) that can make nice buttons, sliders, etc. like in that MAC screenshot? I'm not worried if they don't operate exactly like MAC ones, I mainly like the look :) I have tried googling but no luck so far :( cheers, Paul www.alphaskins...

Web resources about - Unresolved external when including a Delphi Component - public.delphi.vcl.writing

Unresolved Mysteries (@r_Unresolved) on Twitter

Western Sydney Wanderers' threat of Club World Cup boycott unresolved
Western Sydney Wanderers were a club in turmoil on Sunday night as players and management held a crisis meeting brokered by the players' union ...

Claim 1043: The oldest unresolved Aboriginal land claim in NSW
... Ernie Gordon's father made a claim over a parcel of dusty scrub land in outback New South Wales. He is now dead and his claim is still unresolved. ...

The unresolved Hird question
On the morning after its first game of 2014, the Essendon Football Club inhaled slowly and smelt the roses from a memorable victory.

Burqa ban unresolved
... their decision to seat women wearing burqas or niqabs away from the public in a glassed-off area of the parliamentary chambers remains unresolved, ...

Iran nuclear talks to extend past deadline as 'difficult issues' remain unresolved, US officials say
The US extends a deadline for a nuclear deal with Iran, as negotiators struggle to reach political agreement.

Fort McMurray condo woes unresolved a year later
There is still no clear solution in sight for condo owners one year after hundreds of them were given minutes to evacuate a Fort McMurray complex ...

GOP's McSally wins last unresolved House race - 12 News
Republican Martha McSally won the last unresolved House race of the 2014 midterm election, ousting Democratic Rep. Ron Barber the Arizona district ...

Report details labor violations left unresolved at Apple supplier in China
... to find more special coverage of AAPL Company , Apple , and iPhone . What do you think? Discuss "Report details labor violations left unresolved ...

Supreme Court Decides To Maintain The Viability Of The U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, But A Key Question Remains ...
Four years ago, in Stern v. Marshall, the Supreme Court stunned many observers by re-visiting separation of powers issues regarding the jurisdiction ...