Run vs. design time behavior.

Can I create a component that on design time act as a TWinControl, I need the paint procedure to show the layout of the component, and the ability to hold other components, like a region? Then on run time it act as a TComponent. I have created a web server (ISAPI), with the some HTML component, where at design time I can see the design, but at run time I only need one function call, to generate the HTML string to create the final web page to the clients browser. Today I am using a TCustomControl and that
work great, but at run time it will allocate a lot of resource, that are not necessary.

Ken
0
Ken
7/6/2014 11:12:49 AM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ken wrote:

> Can I create a component that on design time act as a TWinControl,
> I need the paint procedure to show the layout of the component, and
> the ability to hold other components, like a region? Then on run time
> it act as a TComponent.

Not directly, no.  You would have to create a non-windowed component and
then create a separate design-time editor that displays the UI you need,
and have it store whatever info you need inside the component for use at
run-time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks for answer, I think I need do to some more coding to solve this problem.
Ken
0
Ken

Excel behavior difference in design time vs run time
All - I have an app that uses OLE to pass data to a spreadsheet on the network. After the data is set in the spreadsheet - and the DiconnectObject function called, I can save the spreadsheet no problem in design time. In run time, the machine hangs for about 3 minutes, and totally IO blocks, before the save is complete. Both run and design time use the exact same spreadsheet. The behavior is the same on any machine, my machine and all of the clients. We use Excel 97 and PB 8.02 build 9056. TIA. My bad - they were using two different instances of the same spreadshee...

design time vs run time
I am using PB 8 IDE. I ran application from PB IDE and opened one window. This window retrieves all customers due for bills. And then goes thru one customer at a time, and retrieved another DW for that customers bill. It then saves bill in pdf and moves to next row. Retreived DW for bill, saves in PDF so on.... When this window is running in application, i opened another PB IDE and made some changes in the bill DW, saved, regenerated. Will this affect the running application? Changes I made in another PB IDE in billing DW, 1)will reflect in the running PB IDE application or 2)...

Design-Time vs. Run-Time
Hello again,  had a general VS question.  Not sure if I sould post here but maybe someone has a quick answer.  It should be simple...When I'm designing a windows-form in VS, there are new items in 2005, the GroupBox now has rounded corners.  During design-time, these corners are actually round.  But, when I run my application, they are square.  Any suggestions?Also, on the new toolstrip and container, they are different colors from design-time to runtime...Thanks,KeithThere's No Place Like 127.0.0.1 Hi Keith,My suggestion would be to try asking at the foll...

Rendering in Design time vs. Run Time
Is there a way I can render my composite server control differently in design time and run time? I can render it just fine in design-time, however, when I add code that grabs run-time elements, the control will no longer render at design-time...which makes sense. I was wondering if I could bypass this code for just design-time rendering. I remember developing ActiveX controls in VB6 and being able to do so. I'm wondering if it's possible in ASP.Net server control development. Thanks. Just attach designer for the control (class that inherits from System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner) ...

it's running on design time but not run time.
Code is like that. This code is running on desing time.. but it is not running on run time. Exception is "ComException:An operations error occured." After "search.findOne(); " exception occured. Probably reason is security.. but What's wrong? Thanks for advice. Code lines: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext impersonationContext = ((System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity)Page.User.Identity).Impersonate(); Session["UserName...

what is the difference between writing code in design mode and in run time??
hi, could any one tell me what is the dfference between writing the code in design mode and in run time mode?? which has the edge over another??...

Difference between Design only and Design+Run Time
I put together a test project together with a package that I configured from one test to the next as (1)Design Only, (2)Run Time Only, (3)Design plus Run Time, respectively. IOW, the package was saved/installed 3 times as a different type each time and then tested a number of ways with the test application which takes a component from the package. The objective was to explore differences in behavior and use. I discovered absolutely *no* difference between use and behavior of a Design Time Package vs. a Design plus Runtime and they install the same way. "Run time only" is as exp...

Design time:run time display ratios
Hi! When you create an object in Power++ and specify the size you want it, the size actually created at run time is different. I have noticed that when using Large Fonts it is twice as big, and when using Small Fonts it is 1.5 times as big. I want to dynamically create buttons on a form, and it may not have any other buttons on it of the correct size already (so I can't just copy the other button's attributes). Is there any way to find out what this ratio is? I have looked through the Power++ help and the Win32SDK help but I can't find anything. We are using Power...

PB Design Time versus Run time
Hi , It's me again . I have a question - Is it possible to find if an application is runnning from Powerbuilder Environment or from the Executable /PBD files ? Thanks, Myra Sure... IF Handle( GetApplication() ) = 0 THEN MessageBox( "Who am I?", "IDE" ) ELSE MessageBox( "Who am I?", "EXE" ) END IF -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Myra> wrote in message news:15B6CBE2CEC1665700009CC885256C43.00009CD785256C43@webforums... > Hi , > ...

datawindow works at design time but not run time
Okay. I'm stumped. I've got a datawindow with a somewhat complicated SQL statement behind it. But it works. Sort of. In design time, I can retrieve the datawindow with exactly the results I'm expecting. But when I run the program, I get the following error: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation If I remove the "where" clause, it works perfectly (but obviously isn't what I'm after). Anybody got any suggestions? Environment is win2kPro, SQL Server 2000 Standard, and PB 8.0.3 (9704)...

Knowing if a component is at Design time or Run time
I have a composite customer server control that requires access to the Page object to render its children correctly. protected override void CreateChildControls() { // add the wizard bars prepared in the constructor AddWizardBars(); // parse web.config and load all wizard step controls if (this.Page!=null) //do not enter here if we are working with the designer { LoadSteps(); if (!Page.IsPostBack) //initialize only first time control is loaded on page MoveForward (null, InitialStep); } } While this works correctly at run ...

How to determine what is now: design time or run time ?
How can I determine in C# code what is now: design time or run time ? You can use the "DesignMode" property on your control in .NET 2.0. See this page for more information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.control.designmode.aspx It's a protected member, so you can just access this property within your class that derives from any Control.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

In design time pictures show but not in run time?
 Hello,      In my first aspx page I was able to add a login control thanks to the  many people who helped me. But I have a problem.  My web page have some pictures in a subdirectory. So I can view then in design time on the page fine. But when I run the program I have nothing but red x's. The portion of teh html code is below. All the pictures are in support subdirectory of  my websites directory. So what's wrong? Thank you. Athena                   ...

strange design time and run time difference.
 Hello I am experiencing a strange behaviour.I have a master page with all the graphics and then I have a content page ( default.aspx).When I look in the design view in my VS 2008 ...It shows me the graphics and everything...so it is correct here...but when I do the right click on the default.aspx and click on View in Browser option it does not show me the graphics...have any one else experienced this?   Try building it using F5 or ctrl + F5 instead. I guess view in browser shows only the single file instead of building all. If that doesn't work something weirder is goin...

Web resources about - Run vs. design time behavior. - public.delphi.vcl.writing

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

How Consumer Behaviors Change During the Holidays
... some online retailers started preparations months ago . Around this time of year, it’s important to pay attention to changes in customer behavior, ...

Those Yale student activists are 'behaving more like Reddit parodies of “social-justice warriors' than ...
"The purpose of writing about their missteps now is not to condemn these students," writes Conor Friedersdorf in The Atlantic. Their young lives ...