Newly installed VCL does not show up on VCL menu

Hello,

     I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build a bpl using it.  I compiled the code and then clicked the install button on the pull down menu.  It said that it installed, and it shows up on the menu of the install packages box, however it is no where to be found on the VCL menu to the right side on the IDE of Delphi XE.  What have I done wrong?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

John Shyer
0
John
12/1/2011 9:42:58 PM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

John wrote:

> I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build
> a bpl using it.  I compiled the code and then clicked the install
> button on the pull down menu.  It said that it installed

But did the popup message explicitally state the actual component class name
that was installed?  If not, then the component was NOT actually installed.
 Sounds like the package may not be calling the RegisterComponent() function
correctly.

> it shows up on the menu of the install packages box, however it
> is no where to be found on the VCL menu to the right side on the
> IDE of Delphi XE.  What have I done wrong?

Hard to say given this limited information, as you have not explained in
detail what you actually did.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
John Shyer wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build a
> bpl using it.  I compiled the code and then clicked the install
> button on the pull down menu.  It said that it installed, and it
> shows up on the menu of the install packages box, however it is no
> where to be found on the VCL menu to the right side on the IDE of
> Delphi XE.  What have I done wrong?

Does any of the units you added to the package contain a procedure
Register in the Interface section? That is what the IDE looks for in a
design-time package, if it finds such a procedure it will call it after
the package has been loaded, and the procedure is supposed to register
the components contained in the package.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
> Hello,
>
>      I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build a bpl using it.  I compiled the code and then clicked the install button on the pull down menu.  It said that it installed, and it shows up on the menu of the install packages box, however it is no where to be found on the VCL menu to the right side on the IDE of Delphi XE.  What have I done wrong?
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> John Shyer
0
John