F 1026 File not found

When I build the designtime bpl for a runtime one I get the F 1026 error for a .pas file that has been compiled just seconds before... The directory where he needed .pas files reside has been added to the Library Path in Tools Options, so why can't it be found?

Sorry for the brief error description, but I cannot see why it won't be found (escpecially since the runtime bpl did find it).
0
Frank
4/30/2014 2:51:11 PM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Frank Staal wrote:

> When I build the designtime bpl for a runtime one I get the F 1026
> error for a .pas file that has been compiled just seconds before...
> The directory where he needed .pas files reside has been added to the
> Library Path in Tools Options, so why can't it be found?

The library path is actually the wrong place for a folder that contains
*source* files. Such a folder should go on a project's Search path.

> Sorry for the brief error description, but I cannot see why it won't
> be found (escpecially since the runtime bpl did find it).

Change the verbosity settings in the project options to "diagnostic"
and rebuild the project. That may give you more details about the
nature of the problem.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

The way my components are organized is that I have the sources for runtime and design time in the same directory, have two dpks (one Runtime, one Designtime) for each of the various categories we use (Common, Non Visual, Non-DB, Non-DB Third Parties, DB, DB Third Parties, Web). I have one Group file that contains the lot of them and when I press "Build All" it stops at the first Designtime bpl it needs to create. It cannot find a file that is included in the Common bpl (and Common.dcp is required by both
the Runtime and the Designtime bpl). The Designtime bpl in turn requires the Runtime.dcp so it knows what components there are to play with.

As said, the Runtime dpk compiles just fine, but when it is the Designtime dpk's turn to build it crashes on the "File not found" error in the Common.bpl. As the files location is added to the aforementioned Library Path I draw the conclusion the compiler should be able to find them.

The only way I know of to make the thing compile is setting the Build Control for the Runtime dpks to Explicit Rebuild, but then I get into trouble with IntraWeb which is an Always Build bpl (see different topic in the IntraWeb section). This means the Web Runtime bpl has to be Rebuild As Needed and thus I cannot install the newly created Web components.

Setting Verbosity level to Diagnostic doesn't change anything I see on the screen, just ye olde Find File Fail. I also have the Show Commandline to True and the various directories that are searched does contain our component directories.

---

Edit:

THe only difference between a Raize and me is that they added the path to the DCU whereas I added the path to the PAS. After adding the path to the DCU it does compile. Still I prefer to have a path to the source file instead of the dcu file.

Edited by: Frank Staal on May 1, 2014 11:53 AM
0
Frank
5/1/2014 9:54:52 AM
Frank Staal wrote:

> Nope, doesn't help. I've checked out how other component
> manufacturers handle the search for files in their registration
> files. Raize for example has a separate Design and Runtime dpk. In
> the Project Options of the Design dpk there are no specific Library
> Search Path settings, but in Tools > Options > Environment Options >
> Delphi Options > Library > Library Path there is an entry to the DCU
> folder.
>
> The way my components are organized is that I have the sources for
> runtime and design time in the same directory, have two dpks (one
> Runtime, one Designtime) for each of the various categories we use
> (Common, Non Visual, Non-DB, Non-DB Third Parties, DB, DB Third
> Parties, Web). I have one Group file that contains the lot of them
> and when I press "Build All" it stops at the first Designtime bpl it
> needs to create. It cannot find a file that is included in the Common
> bpl (and Common.dcp is required by both the Runtime and the
> Designtime bpl). The Designtime bpl in turn requires the Runtime.dcp
> so it knows what components there are to play with.
>
> As said, the Runtime dpk compiles just fine, but when it is the
> Designtime dpk's turn to build it crashes on the "File not found"
> error in the Common.bpl.

That indicates that it cannot find common.dcp. Is that in a folder that
is on the library path or project search path?

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> That indicates that it cannot find common.dcp. Is that in a folder that
> is on the library path or project search path?

It's $(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp, which is on the Library Path. And the path exists, and contains the needed .dcp.
0
Frank
5/1/2014 10:59:28 AM
Frank Staal wrote:

> > {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> > That indicates that it cannot find common.dcp. Is that in a folder
> > that is on the library path or project search path?
>
> It's $(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp, which is on the Library Path. And the path
> exists, and contains the needed .dcp.

Mh. One thing I always had problems with when using packages was
letting the IDE rebuild dependent packages automatically. For that it
needs to be able to find the dependent packages' project files as well.
I always set my run-time packages to manual build to avoid such
problems.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> Mh. One thing I always had problems with when using packages was
> letting the IDE rebuild dependent packages automatically. For that it
> needs to be able to find the dependent packages' project files as well.
> I always set my run-time packages to manual build to avoid such
> problems.

this is exactly as I prefer as well. The problem I ran into was that IntraWeb had its package on "Always Build"  which meant I couldn't use the manual build. Because I put all the runtime and designtime files together in one directory it doesn't have that problem anymore and Alexandre told me that the "Always Build" has been removed from his package, so I doubt I will run into it again (until I come across another dependency that has it set).

Thanks.
0
Frank

VS - File "~/myTemplate/myMaster.master" was not found
 hi,i have to create some asp.net projects (web application projects) for the same company. all should have the same layout. therefore i created an asp.net project (web application project) that includes a master page, css, js files and images. lets call this asp.net project "myTemplate".i created 3 separate asp.net projects (say web1, web2, web3). everyone has a virtual directory "myTemplate" configured in iis to "include" the above mentioned "myTemplate" project root. all the *.aspx files (in web1 to web 3) reference the masterpage with MasterPa...

Writing file to browser needs write permissions to show file
 Hi all, I have a page called GetFile.aspx which does the simple job of converting the aspx document into either a word or PDF file for downloading of viewing online (dependant on user browser settings) but im having an issue where the file im including must have write access for it to be opened and shown in the browser.   Dim fs As New FileStream(FileName, FileMode.Open) Using (fs) Dim data() As Byte = New Byte(fs.Length) {} Dim br As BinaryReader = New BinaryReader(fs) br.Read(data, 0, data....

Delphi DLL That Writes to File
Hey ho! First, I'd like to apologize if i'm posting on the wrong forum, but my brains are starting to fall out from my ears. I'm a Delphi programmer and currently i'm working on a DLL. In very few words, my DLL is using an TIdTCPClient to connect to a Server Application, sends some requests and receives the answers. All the communication is set up by exported functions, so the Client Application that uses the DLL, calls the functions and retrieves the Server's answers. Since the communication is done by strings, i've set all the outgoing and incoming messages on th...

Eof of file , file read and file write ! Problem !
Hello All, I want to do 2 things. I have a big file and I want to read file line by line upto last. and side by side i want to write it to new file with some change I am not getiing , in a read , linemode! how i will get End of file and how i will do all this. can you tell me script. I'm not sure I understand your question. From the PowerBuilder Help file, in linemode! FileRead() will return a 0 when it reaches End of File (EOF) so it should be trivial to code? This is just off the cuff but I would imagine it's something like li_Readfile = FileOpen( ...

write file in cgi file
no one answered. i see the problem, too. can't open for write/create a file in a cgi script called from browser. i assume because www user doesn't have write permission in cgi-bin? On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 10:17 , bob ackerman wrote: > no one answered. i see the problem, too. > can't open for write/create a file in a cgi script called from browser. > i assume because www user doesn't have write permission in cgi-bin? if your sys admin allowed your cgi to save files to the cgi-bin directory by anyone out there - your site would run out of disk a...

Write files and Write Logs
Is it possible to set up a replicating environment using write files and write logs? My first instinct is no, since the idea behind a write file is often to discard the write files (and logs) and getting rid of transactions logs is a definite problem is you are replicating. Can I ask why you'd want to do this? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/...

File read write on iOS using Delphi
Does anyone have sample code that shows how to read and write files on iOS device in Delphi? Or any other information on that topic? How is file i/o in iOS different on the Simulator and the actual iOS device itself? Thanks! Almost same in windows , but r/w speed is much slower :) {code} // // iOS Native Graphic Wrapper for Delphi // unit iOS_Files; interface {$mode delphi} {$modeswitch objectivec1} uses SysUtils, Types, Classes, Variants, Math, UITypes, CFBase,CFURL, CGContext,CGGeometry,CGColorSpace, iPhoneAll, NSHelpers, // By P...

How can I write out a pdf file that resides on a file server from an aspx file?
I want to write out a pdf file from my aspx page using Response.WriteFile(?) If the file resides on the local machine, I would simply use the path as a parameter. But what if the file resides on a secure file server that needs password for accessing? Thanks! You could add the ASPNET account to the other server so the web page would have access. Or you could look into the Impersonation capabilities of DotNet and actually impersonate an account on the other server when you need access.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with...

How to write files to CD using Delphi 2007/XE5?
I have to automate the creation of CD distribution media for our production. The idea is to have a Delphi program, which can extract which files to put on the CD from the product database depending on the part number and then write these files to disk. The files will reside on our server in a specific directory. It also needs to set the CD volume label to the name of the product when finished (or at start). Is this possible to do using Delphi and if so how is it done? I am using Delphi2007 but also have access to XE5. I have made a quick test on the Win7 command line by issuing a...

Which files to include in Delphi XE VCL application deployment?
Hi, my VCL application works fine on the machine where Delphi XE is installed. It does not work on clean OS machines. The error is "Exception: Class not registered, ClassID: {AD51734E-9C75-3EDB-ADFE-2FD3D54A0B04}" I am pretty sure that I just need to include some Delphi XE runtimes. InstallShield 2010 does not have any Delphi stuff hence I need to do it manually. Can anybody advice what files to include with deployment package for VCL application that uses sockets? Thank you. > {quote:title=Vitaly Romanishko wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > my VCL application wor...

Delphi XE + Win7 --> sytems files not found
Hello, I installed Delphi XE Enterprise to a Win7 computer. I created a new VCL project and when I tried to execute it, I got following issue by compiler: F1027 "System.pas" or DCU not found (approximatively English translation). Directories are well defined and I don't have this problem with Delphi XE installed through WinXP. Please could someone tell me what is the problem and what solution I have ? Regards Julien Julien Lefranc wrote: > Hello, > > I installed Delphi XE Enterprise to a Win7 computer. > I created a new VCL project and when I tr...

How do I write the contents of a JNI jByteArray to a file in Delphi? [Edit]
How do I write the contents of a JNI jByteArray to a file in Delphi? There are plenty of functional examples of transfering a file from delphi to java but almost nothing going the other direction. I need to save a file transfered to delphi from java via the JNI as a jByteArray. Below is my attempt gleaning what I could from the one nonfunctional example I could find. Just to be clear on something I only have simple functional knowledge of Streams and know almost nothing about ByteArrays so a jByteArray is even more of a puzzel. What am I doing wrong with this code? How can I make it wor...

Reading/Writing Really Large XML files... Delphi 2009
Hello Everyone, I was just wondering what the current preference is out there for reading and writing really large XML files? I used to use SAX - but it was not updated for Delphi 2009. I have tried a few others - but I am having issues with really large files - like over 800MB or so. Bradley unfortunatly you can try http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/alcinoe/ it's work weel with giga of data in SAX but i don't know if it's will run under d2009 ... "Bradley MacDonald" <bradsub@timeacct.com> wrote in message news:176382@forums.codegear.com....

Delphi 2010 update4, F1026 file not found adomxmldom.dcu
Hi, I'm trying to compile an example file which has adomxmldom in uses clause, thes results in [DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(27): F1026 File not found: 'adomxmldom.dcu' The adomxmldom.pas file can be found in the editor by 'Open file by cursor' :so it exists I would expect by starting "Build Project1" the 'adomxmldom.dcu' would be created, but it does not. I searched for a possibilty to influence the output for the compiling proces (DCU output, but could not find it) (the problem was mentioned in the blog of Nick Hodges (http://blogs.embarcadero....

Web resources about - F 1026 File not found - public.delphi.vcl.writing

Don McLean's wife granted protection order
Don McLean's wife was granted a temporary order of protection from the "American Pie" singer after she cited a pattern of abuse going back three ...

Apple was paid $1 billion in 2014 for making Google the default search engine on iOS
Google s status as the default search engine on iOS comes at a price paid to Apple. And in 2014, the price was arrived at to the tune of $1 billion. ...

Viola Davis Says Nearly All-White Oscar Nominees Are a 'Symptom of a Much Greater Disease'
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight , Viola Davis weighed in on the lack of diversity among this year’s Oscar nominees. “The problem is ...

FLINT: The Democrats' Filthy Water
By Daniel Greenfield Mayor Dayne Walling, a Democrat, led a cheerful countdown at the Flint water treatment plant to press the button moving ...

Police Officer Gets Shot While on Traffic Stop, But Still Issues Ticket
Nizaam Alexander, a police officer in Cape Town, South Africa, is not one to let a little annoyance like getting shot in the back distract him ...

Super Bowl at stake as NFL's Brady faces Manning for 17th time
Iconic NFL quarterbacks Tom Brady and Peyton Manning meet for the 17th time in their storied careers Sunday with a Super Bowl berth at stake ...

Major university goes all-in on iPad Pro shuns Microsoft Surface
The original iPad is one of the most disruptive products in the history of personal computing. Its popularity caused the entire industry to shift ...

Analysis: If Putin ordered assassination, why would he take such a risk?
BBC News Analysis: If Putin ordered assassination, why would he take such a risk? Dallas Morning News A highly anticipated British inquiry ...

Box Office: Massive Winter Storm to Inflict a Chill on Northeast Theaters
The massive Winter Storm Jonas will likely limit moviegoing in the Northeastern United States this weekend. Many of the biggest cities in the ...

Some Twisted Microsoft Developer Made This Awful Alarm Clock App From Hell
The morning and I have a hate-hate relationship that has seen more than one alarm clock shatter against an unyielding wall, so I don’t really ...