Drag and Drop Component Suite For Delphi XE2 [Edit]

Has anybody updated the Melander Drag and Drop Component Suite for Delphi XE2?

http://melander.dk/delphi/dragdrop/

I've fixed a few errors preventing compilation in XE2 but have now run into something I don't understand. I'd thought I'd check here before spending more time muddling my way through.

Edited by: shannon matthews on Sep 19, 2011 9:33 PM

Edited by: shannon matthews on Sep 19, 2011 9:34 PM
0
shannon
9/20/2011 4:34:44 AM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My problem was not enough coffee. I've now got the components installed. If anyone wants the updated source...
0
shannon
9/20/2011 8:07:18 AM
> {quote:title=shannon matthews wrote:}{quote}
> ... If anyone wants the updated source...

Yes, I am interested in updated source. Have you a download link?
0
Eric
9/20/2011 7:13:37 PM
shannon matthews wrote:

> My problem was not enough coffee. I've now got the components
> installed. If anyone wants the updated source...

Did you contact Anders Melander, he might be interested ...

--
Pieter

"The more you own, the more it owns you."
 -- Henry Rollins
0
Pieter
9/20/2011 11:48:47 PM
Modified Drag and Drop component Source.
Changes were made to the 5.2 version, released 17th Aug 2010.
http://www.box.net/shared/d06aj3if1d0m3grv5t33

I only made a couple changes, nothing drastic. Most changes were the result of method signature changes in some interface types. IIRC most changes are wrapped in IFDEF blocks (checking for compiler version). After updating the source to compile and install in XE2, the same sources still compiled/installed in D2007.

I've not yet tested the components functionality. I wanted to post the details here before getting distracted by something else and forgetting. As the changes were minor I assume the components will most likely work anyway.

PS. I've just sent Anders an email.
0
shannon
9/21/2011 12:31:14 AM
shannon matthews wrote:

> PS. I've just sent Anders an email.

Thanks!

--
Pieter

Cann's (or Allen's) Axiom: When all else fails, read the
instructions.
0
Pieter
9/21/2011 8:34:35 PM
I get an access violation with this code, when I drop an email and close the form.

> {quote:title=shannon matthews wrote:}{quote}
> Modified Drag and Drop component Source.
> Changes were made to the 5.2 version, released 17th Aug 2010.
> http://www.box.net/shared/d06aj3if1d0m3grv5t33
>
> I only made a couple changes, nothing drastic. Most changes were the result of method signature changes in some interface types. IIRC most changes are wrapped in IFDEF blocks (checking for compiler version). After updating the source to compile and install in XE2, the same sources still compiled/installed in D2007.
>
> I've not yet tested the components functionality. I wanted to post the details here before getting distracted by something else and forgetting. As the changes were minor I assume the components will most likely work anyway.
>

> PS. I've just sent Anders an email.
0
Forenede
10/26/2011 9:42:41 AM
> {quote:title=Forenede Gruppeliv wrote:}{quote}
> I get an access violation with this code, when I drop an email and close the form.

Thanks for the update. I've not had a chance to test the components in XE2 yet.
0
shannon

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi XE2 is missing TDirectoryListbox and TDriveComboBox components? [Edit]
My Delphi XE2 is completely missing the Win 3.1 tab with all its components? Is this correct?? I have projects that use the TDirectoryListbox, TDriveComboBox and TFileListBox. Is my Delphi XE2 installation corrupt?? Thank you in advance for any advice. Edited by: Wouter Oosthuizen on Oct 7, 2011 6:54 AM Edited by: Wouter Oosthuizen on Oct 7, 2011 7:12 AM No need to reply. It seems that I had a corrupt installation. I performed a Repair and now my XE2 has the Win 3.1 tab and components. Thank you. ...

OfficeXP Automation
Hello, we had used the OfficeXP Automation Components in older Delphi Version. We uses for example the TItem Component, but in Delphi XE2 I don't find this (and other components) and so I'm not able to open or compile the project. The component List of the Office XP Automation Server was in Delphi XE much larger. What can I do to solve this problem? Best wishes Bernhard Edited by: Registered User on May 10, 2012 6:14 AM > What can I do to solve this problem? What if you install the Office 2000 packages instead of Office XP? (menu-component-install packages : uncheck Off...

FMX file missing error for Delphi XE2 VCL only project [Edit]
Very new to XE2 (and no exact idea what FM is or how it works), i'm struggling to find an explanation for this problem: I have a program that is already being developed for D2007. Ported to Delphi XE2 and unicode being all resolved (hundreds!), i get this last error: " +[DCC Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Stroke.fmx+' (and few others for the same FMXTee unit )". It certainly has to do with 'uses' but i have no FM units in use or needed... then probably some kind of dependencies related to th e environment variables, but what exactly? Thanks. ric...

Which XE2 Delphi or Studio edition will allow me to write a windoes service
Hello, I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step: File > New > Other > Delphi Projects > Service Application The problem is that Service Application is simply not there, I suspect this is because my edition is a started edition, so I would like to ask, starting from which edition, I will find this option? Best Regards > Hello, > I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step: > File> New> Other> Delphi Projects> Service App...

Drag and Drop in delphi
Hi All, Can anyone help me how to create drag emails into thunderbird using delphi 6.Please help me it is very urgent. Regards PT ravindra p wrote: > Hi All, > > Can anyone help me how to create drag emails into thunderbird using > delphi 6.Please help me it is very urgent. For drag & drop to another application you have to implement OLE drag&drop. Delphi has no support for that natively, but there are free (and not so free) 3rd-party offerings. http://www.melander.dk ( http://users.on.net/johnson/delphi/ as alternative) http://codecentral.borl...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Web resources about - Drag and Drop Component Suite For Delphi XE2 [Edit] - public.delphi.vcl.writing

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Solar Power Is Booming and Its Biggest Component Is Dirt Cheap
Prices for polysilicon, the main ingredient in solar cells, have dropped to a record low amid a supply glut that won’t end soon.

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...