DCR and VCL

hello one and all,

i am trying to port my old VCL-based design-time components into XE2 and i can't seem to get the old DCR containing the 16-color 26x26 pixel bitmaps to show on the VCL properly. the components on the VCL are only showing the ancestor bitmaps.

i have tried numerous attempts and uninstalls and such and can't get it to work.

thanx in advance. lucas
0
stephen
11/4/2013 12:20:42 PM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

stephen wrote:

> i am trying to port my old VCL-based design-time components into
> XE2 and i can't seem to get the old DCR containing the 16-color
> 26x26 pixel bitmaps to show on the VCL properly.

What exactly have you tried so far?  Are yousure the bitmaps are named properly?
 Have you tried creating 24x24 256 color bitmaps?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi IS the VCL
Delphi IS the VCL! Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. What was I thinking? I know! they got me too. Don't know what I was thinking. :) > {quote:title=Jay Faubion wrote:}{quote} > Delphi IS the VCL! > > Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. > > What was I thinking? Jay Faubion wrote: > Delphi IS the VCL! > TButton Forever! ;-) W Jay Faubion wrote: > What was I thinking? Wasn't it called CLX ? Turbo Vision -> OWL -> VCL -> CLX -> Winforms -> ...... (to be continued) -- ...

VCL initialization sequence for a non-VCL executable
Hi all, I've tried the new Application Appearance feature, very cool to use. As I see, the only effect id to add change the application .cpp file to manage the line TStyleManager::TrySetStyle("Luna"); This is working fine when using an exe create for a project type "VCL Form Application - Cpp Builder". But, it's not working When using an exe created another IDE. When I try to use the line mentioned above, I get the error message "Style "Luna" not found". What should be done / called so it still works, in ...

Calling a VCL form from a non-VCL application
Hello Remy, You had responded to my questions regarding "Calling a VCL form from a non-VCL application" at the embarcadero discussion forums on 21 Jan. Here's the thread <https://forums.embarcadero.com//thread.jspa?threadID=99387> I'd been diligently studying based on your clues and was ready to return to the thread to review your response.. but the thread is gone. Perhaps something to do with forum going down yesterday. Would you have a copy of your response you could send to me. Regards David Sleeter ...

Profiler for Delphi VCL
Hello, i still use D7 :-)) i have a big application with a lot of forms and on some forms are hundreds of objects. The forms are loaded at runtime when they will be needed the first time. One of this big forms needed normaly around 3 seconds to open, suddenly it needs more than 20 seconds. Other (also big) forms in this app are still as fast as always. I can't find out what had changed, because this time is used between the Application.CreateForm() call and the entry in the create-event of the created form. Any ideas how i can find out what wastes the time? I think i need some...

VCL bug affects many VCL components
I am posting here because I have had little success in a technical newsgroup in raising the profile of what I consider to be a significant VCL bug. And I would like to know if I am alone in thinking it important, because in that case I can just get on with working around it as best I can. The bug is that any component with a SaveToFile method can fail to write all or part of the file, and then not raise any exception. It's reported in QC 80148, and I have hopefully now fixed the (well-deserved) criticism of my original report. The problem is that SaveToFile methods generally crea...

Newly installed VCL does not show up on VCL menu
Hello, I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build a bpl using it. I compiled the code and then clicked the install button on the pull down menu. It said that it installed, and it shows up on the menu of the install packages box, however it is no where to be found on the VCL menu to the right side on the IDE of Delphi XE. What have I done wrong? Thank you for any help you can provide. John Shyer John wrote: > I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build > a bpl using it. I compiled the code and then clicked the install > bu...

How to trace through VCL code in debugger. (turn on vcl debugging)
In the old days it was just a checkbox to allow you to trace through the vcl code. Now I can't find anything. <Chris Bruner> wrote in message news:408169@forums.embarcadero.com... > In the old days it was just a checkbox to allow you to > trace through the vcl code. Now I can't find anything. That feature still exists. It has a slightly different title now - "Use debug .dcus" instead of "Use debug libraries" - and it exists under the "Delphi Compiler > Compiling" section of the Project Options. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Tha...

Nice Delphi VCL App
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LarsFosdal/posts/JSNDFmtNhM3?cfem=1 -- Nick Delphi Programming is Fun Nick Hodges wrote: > https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LarsFosdal/posts/JSNDFmtNhM3?cfem=1 Very well designed, indeed. -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?" -- Quentin Crisp. On 14/05/14 15:04, Nick Hodges wrote: > https://plus.go...

ilink32Error:Unresolved external *** referenced from *VCL.LIB|Vcl.Controls
Hi everybody, I'm working with XE5 in order to build a VCL application (I use TMS and SiLang). Today I needed to test my application on a new machine, so I set the Project Properties "Link with runtime packages" and "Link with dynamic RTL" to false. It used to build correctly since I applied this modification today. "In the past" I did the same thing with other projects without any problem, but this time, when compiling without runtime packages, get the following error: ilink32 command line c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\12.0\bin\ilink...

XE3 Delphi VCL and DataModules
VM with Windows 7 and XE3. Many 3rd party components. When I tried to create a new DataModule to add to the project, the IDE crashes. Has this happened to others? Fault Module Version: 17.0.4625.53395 Fault Module Timestamp: 50400227 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00016f36 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8df4 Additional Information 2: 8df4e92201aa034aa9797467e9f342c8 Additional Information 3: 1c84 Additional Information 4: 1c8452195d96ca947ca02660f30e029c Problem signature: Problem Event Name: AP...

Delphi VCL Memory Leak?
I am dealing with a slow memory leak that causes a massive program to fail after more than a week running. So I started a leak hunt by stripping down the app to the first self written unit and checking. Low and Behold, it leaked. So I started with just a bare bones App - frame only, and it Leaked. I have duplicated it on Delphi 6 and on Borland Developer Studio 2006. Start with a new VCL app. Add nothing, but compile and run. Now Ctrl-alt-Del and set up to watch the memory of your empty app with out overl apping the app screen. Now click on your app and watch the memory size grow with every c...

FastReport VCL for Delphi XE7
Hello everyone, Where can I download a proper version of FastReport VCL for Delphi XE7 Professional? Thanks Vladimir > {quote:title=Vladimir Nelenson wrote:}{quote} > Hello everyone, > Where can I download a proper version of FastReport VCL for Delphi XE7 Professional? > Thanks > Vladimir FR Trial here: http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/fast-report-vcl-5/ Registered users can download FR 5.1.7 with XE7 support here: http://cp.fast-report.com > FR Trial here: http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/fast-report-vcl-5/ > Registered users can download FR 5....

Can I create a new instance of a vcl component with only the pointer to some vcl class?
Lets say I have a pointer to a TDBGrid in an Ancestor class that has been modified in the Ancestor's Descendant class: TDBGrid* MyDBGrid; Is there a way that I can create a new instance of the Descendant class with only the Ancestors pointer? TDBGrid* CopyOfMyDBGrid = MyDBGrid->Clone(); or maybe something like CopyOfMyDBGrid = new ClassID( MyDBGrid->ClassID() ). Larry. "Larry Griffiths" <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote in message news:36327@forums.codegear.com... > Is there a way that I can create a new instance of the > Descendant class wi...

Web resources about - DCR and VCL - public.delphi.vcl.writing

Compare Camcorders similar to Sony DCR-PC55
Compare Camcorders similar to Sony DCR-PC55

Dow Chemical Intros RHOPLEX DCR Binders at ACS
Dow has introduced RHOPLEX DCR binders for restoration coatings at the ongoing 2014 ACS.

Massachusetts Water Resources Authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Massachusetts Water Resources Authority ( MWRA ) is a public authority in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that provides wholesale drinking ...

Digital Video:
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

Builder's collapse blamed on state
Builder's collapse blamed on state

LinearLTC3787多相单输出升压电源转换方案 (1)
Linear公司的LTC3787是高性能多相单输出同步升压电源转换器控制器,能驱动两个N沟功率MOSFET.输入电压4.5V-3 ...

Electronics & Technology
Ads of the World All Creative World Brands of the World Creativebits Agency Spy Unbeige Graphics.com StockLogos more Mediabistro Liquidtreat ...

AfterDawn.com: User profiles: xyqo
AfterDawnin käyttäjien omat sivut.

Guide Dog Training – Day 5
This mornings session began with obstacle training.  In order to do this in a sage environment we went to the Nottingham kennels where the trainer ...