Mark

0
mark
12/20/2015 6:26:18 PM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Mark,

Happy New Year.

Great that you fixed this.  Thanks very much. I looked at code and I
didn't understand.  It seems that you've added a wxTimer::Notify event.

But I don't understand why this should cause a memory leak.  Weird. Was
there a problem with the undertlying wxWidgets as well?

I haven't tested the fix yet, but I assume it works, could you explain
please why this caused an error?

Regards,

Steve.

On 20/12/15 18:26, Mark Dootson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wx 0.9928  has been released to CPAN.
>
> This fixes a Wx::Timer memory leak.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

0
steveco

The real issue is in

cpp/v_cback.cpp

and the method.

bool wxPliVirtualCallback::FindCallback( pTHX_ const char* name ) const

Failure to find a callback in the base Perl class here causes an SV leak
as measured by Devel::Leak;

So, a basic fix for the problem in Wx::Timer was to add the method to
the base Perl class.

I really need to fix wxPliVirtualCallback::FindCallback( pTHX_ const
char* name ) const properly but the addition of wxTimer::Notify clears
the issue for Wx::Timer for now.

Regards

Mark

On 03/01/2016 17:52, Steve Cookson - gmail wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Happy New Year.
>
> Great that you fixed this.  Thanks very much. I looked at code and I
> didn't understand.  It seems that you've added a wxTimer::Notify event.
>
> But I don't understand why this should cause a memory leak. Weird. Was
> there a problem with the undertlying wxWidgets as well?
>
> I haven't tested the fix yet, but I assume it works, could you explain
> please why this caused an error?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve.
>
> On 20/12/15 18:26, Mark Dootson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Wx 0.9928  has been released to CPAN.
>>
>> This fixes a Wx::Timer memory leak.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mark

0
mark

[wxperl-users] Released Wx::GLCanvas 0.02
Hello, as you might have already noticed, I just released Wx-GLCanval 0.02; binaries are available from the wxPerl site. If somebody feels like writing a decent sample for it (the current samples/minimal.pl just displays a static cube) I'd really, really, *really* appreciate it. Regards Mattia ...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.05 released
Hello, I am just releasing wxPerl 0.05; when wxWindows 2.2.6 will be out, I will release a PPM package for ActivePerl, and a version of wxWindows docs patched for wxPerl. ( Note: I will not use the SF release manager for docs & bin, because I don't want to waste space with alpha releases: I will put these on the ftp site, and post to the list ). Regards Mattia ...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.16 release
Hello, I still need to make the official announce(s), I hope to do that this evening. In the meanwhile: 0.16 Sun Aug 24 22:45:24 CEST 2003 - Added Wx::PlGridCellEditor and Wx::PlGridCellRenderer for custom Wx::Grid cell editing/displaying. - Added Wx::PlGridTable for custom Wx::Grid storage. - Fixed Wx::SocketServer::Accept. - Added Wx::PlXmlResourceHandler, for inserting custom controls in XRC resources. - wxWindows 2.5 compatibility. The PPMs are split in two: the Wx-0.16-blah.zip contain the binaries, 99% of the downloaders will need just that. The matching ...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.23 release
Hello, I have yet to update the site and send out the official anno= unce. You can get it from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.ph= p?group_id=3D15655 The wxWidgets RPMs this release depends on can= be fond at: http://www.barbon.org/wxperl/0.23/wxWidgets/ (please n= ote that they are not from the wxWidgets team). Regards Mattia =0D = P.S.: phew... done, finally... =0A=0A=0A=0A____________________________= ________________________________=0ANavighi a 4 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono= GRATIS. =0AScegli Libero Adsl Flat senza limiti su http://www.li...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.25 released

[wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.23 Release Candidate
Hello, I am (finally!) in the process of preparing the new release.=0D = As I already said previously, for this release the following platforms w= ill be supported (all with wxWidgets 2.6.1): * Windows (Unicode with M= SLU, non Unicode) with ActivePerl 8xx (the release is compiled with 5.8.= 6, but should be compatible with the other releases in the 5.8 series (= please report if it is not) * Linux (RPMs compiled on Red Hat 8.0) wit= h GTK2 and Unicode * Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4 If somebody is willi= ng to provide binaries for other platforms, I will be glad to hos...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.13
Hello, I'm planning for a release "soon", here are the plans: Changes since 0.12: - New build system, allows building wxPerl extension written using XS outside of the wxPerl tree. - Added Wx::Wave - Added Wx::MemoryFSHandler - Added Wx::Perl::Carp (thanks to podmaster). - Mac OS X support (requires wxWindows 2.4.0 or newer). In addition: - wxActiveX/wxIE will be available as a separate package - there will be a sample module (Wx::Sample::XS) showing how to build a wxPerl module using XS outside wxPerl core - it *should* be possible writing a module (say, Wx...

[wxperl-users] Wx::Font and wxperl 0.13
It seems like something is wrong with Wx::Font in the new 0.13 beta release. I just called Wx::Font like this (the exact same syntax I use in other programs): my $font = Wx::Font->new( 24, # font size wxSWISS, # font family wxNORMAL, # style wxNORMAL, # weight 0, # Underline? 'Comic Sans MS'); # face name But that gives an underlined default swiss font, mu...

Re: [wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.25 released
[ sorry for the formatting ] Hello, > Sorry to be the first to po= st a downer, but I'm still having trouble > building my application usin= g perlapp if I use any 2.6 version of Wx :( Which Windows version is= it? > I've narrowed it down to Wx::Html. If I do a 'use Wx::Html' it= won't > build and I get the error dialog shown at > http://dazz.afoyi.= com/stuff/wxperl_html_error.png Another user (with an older wxPerl v= ersion) reported a crash on exit on Win95 with PerlApp. No idea if this=0D = is related. Regards Matti...

[wxperl-users] Wx::Clipboard problem with wxperl 0.57
Can't locate object method "Flush" via package "Wx::Clipboard" at ... in this line stays: wxTheClipboard->Flush(); and yes i did use Wx qw( wxTheClipboard ); and yes this works under same wx version in another app(with STC) but not in that >nearly< minimal sample. thanks herbert proton-ce.sf.net _____________________________________________________________________ Der WEB.DE SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen! http://smartsurfer.web.de/?mc=100071&distributionid=000000000066 Without any sample code to look at I c...

Re: [wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.23 Release Candidate
Hello, > I'm very interested in using this for 10.4/Tiger, but I'm a= little > worried about how it will "play nice" with the existing wxWi= dgets > install (2.5.3 or 2.5.4 I think) that comes with Tiger. Do yo= u know 2.5.3. > whether those .pkg files will overwrite anythin= g? I have not checked (stupid me). However the wxWidgets package in= stalls the libraries under /usr/local and the wxWidgets binaries are def= initely not there (and if they were they would have a different name). I= have no idea about the wxPerl shippe...

Re:[wxperl-users] Re: wxPerl 0.23 release
> Mattia Barbon <mattia.barbon@libero.it> writes: > > > On Tue, 28 J= un 2005 22:44:29 +0200 Johan Vromans <jvromans@squirrel.nl> wrote:=0D = > > Under Windows the change in the default font is to > > be expected= .. > > I'm using Fedora Core 2... :-) I suppose I could not be m= ore wrong... Anyway: the font change looks like a GTK+ 1.2 vs 2.x ch= ange. For the button width you should try the wxBU_EXACTFIT style fo= r the buttons that need to be smaller than standard buttons. HTH=0D = Mattia =0A=0A=0A...

Re: [wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.23 Release Candidate #2
Hello, > I've not seen a changelog so I post my question here. > =0D = > Does this version supports printing of images with Wx::HtmlEasyPrinting= ? This looks like a wxWidgets (not wxPerl) issue, hence the answer = is: I have really no idea, but in any case this depends on wxWidgets,=0D = not on wxPerl. What would be a test case, simply printing an HTML page c= ontaining images? On all platforms or just some? Regards Mattia =0A=0A= =0A=0A____________________________________________________________=0ANavi= ghi a 4 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRATIS. =0AS...

[wxperl-users] Deep recusrion problem with Wx 0.26/0.27
Hi, On a freshly installed and up to date Fedora Core 5 system, I installed wxWidgets 2.6.2 (RPM from the wxWidgets site). Then I downloaded the SRPM for perl-Wx 2.6.2 (from the perlWx site). After rebuilding and installing the perl-Wx RPM, I get the following error when trying to run a perl-Wx program: Can't load '/home/jv/lib/perl5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Wx/Wx.so' for module Wx: /home/jv/lib/perl5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Wx/Wx.so: symbol _ZTI7wxEvent, version WXU_2.6 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_core-2.6.so.0 with link time reference at /usr/lib/perl5/5....

Re:[wxperl-users] Deep recusrion problem with Wx 0.26/0.27
Hi, > On a freshly installed and up to date Fedora Core 5 system, I > installed wxWidgets 2.6.2 (RPM from the wxWidgets site). > Then I downloaded the SRPM for perl-Wx 2.6.2 (from the perlWx site). > After rebuilding and installing the perl-Wx RPM, I get the following > error when trying to run a perl-Wx program: > > Can't load '/home/jv/lib/perl5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Wx/Wx.so'= for module Wx: /home/jv/lib/perl5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Wx/Wx.so:= symbol _ZTI7wxEvent, version WXU_2.6 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_cor= e-2.6.so.0...

Web resources about - Wx 0.9928 Released - perl.wxperl.users

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

HTC ONE M8 Hands On Review Not Released Yet:FULL - YouTube
re-uploaded because the original was taken down by a noob reviewer. ENJOY Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NiallDeBarra

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Mermaid tails warning released
The NSW Fair Trading Commissioner and CHOICE have put out a press release warning the public of the dangers of Mermaid tails.

The only 9 apps released in 2015 that we're still actually using
... over again. But there are a few apps every year that do become part of our everyday routines. These apps are here to stay. Of the apps released ...