Style

    Hi,

Is it possible to change the foreground/background of some words from a text
from a TextCtrl control without re-writing the whole text?

I am thinking to change the background of the words which I move the mouse
cursor over, but if I would need to re-write the whole text, I think the
text might flicker if the user will move the mouse very fast...

Thanks.

Octavian

0
orasnita
1/27/2008 3:22:56 PM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[wxperl-users] wxPerl::Styles
Hi all, Here's a style shortcut package to complement wxPerl::Constructors http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/wxPerl-Styles/trunk/ I realize that style('hscroll', te => 'process_enter|multiline') isn't much shorter than (style => Wx::wxHSCROLL()|Wx::wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER()| Wx::wxTE_MULTILINE()), but shortness is only an interim goal. By processing the constants as strings, I'm hoping to enable a better XRC-like thing. In the meantime, it's shorter enough that I think I can get all of the style onto one line more often than not. Thoughts...

[wxperl-users] wxButton style
is it possible to make hte nice round buttons in wxPerl? thanks in advance. god bless herbert --- herbert breunung <deirdre_skye@web.de> wrote: > is it possible to make hte nice round buttons in wxPerl? > It as much possible as it is in wxWidgets. See wxFrame, wxFRAME_SHAPED , wxRegion __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail ...

[wxperl-users] Styles in textCtrl
I'm trying to set the style of a txtCtrl, but they don't seem to be having any effect. Specifically, I was a multiline text ctrl. My code is below. The code executes fine, however, newlines seem to have no effect on the text appened to the textCtrl after every button press. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Chris Shaffer -----------------------code------------------------------ #!C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe use Wx qw(:textctrl :window); package MyFrame; use base 'Wx::Frame'; #use strict; # import the event registration function use Wx::Event qw(EVT_BUTTO...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl Wiki => wxPerl Kwiki
Hello all, Once upon a time I installed a Wiki, called it the wxPerl Wiki and didn't look at it anymore. I noticed that only a few people use it, it's been hacked a few times, and to make it work, at least yours truly should put more time and effort in it. This morning I started installing Kwiki, which is a far better Wiki platform than the Wiki that was installed. Apart from the UserPreferences page (working on it), everything works as it should. However, the data people entered in the old Wiki can't be converted to Kwiki automatically. Therefore I need your ...

[wxperl-users] Using Style in TextCtrl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C1EA24.2A889180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here are an example of text style in TextCtrl. Only for WxPerl 0.11 with = wxwindows2.3.3 (link of 0.11 beta: http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~mbarbon/wx/) ------------------------------------------- use Wx qw(wxTE_MULTILINE wxTE_RICH2); use Wx qw(wxNORMAL wxRED wxBLUE wxLIGHT_GREY); my $text =3D Wx::TextCtrl->new( $HWX_app_obj{window} , -1, "", [0,0], = [500,400], wxTE...

Fwd: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl
>To: Jouke Visser <jouke@pvoice.org>, wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net >From: Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch> >Subject: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl >Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:08:19 +0100 > >Hello, > >I'm crossposting this reply to the macosx-perl mailing list because >there is some interest, too. Actually I forgot to put the macosx-perl adress on it. >At 14:02 Uhr +0200 24.9.2001, Jouke Visser wrote: >>I wondered if anyone yet tried to compile wxPerl on a Mac. If not, I'...

[wxperl-users] [ wxperl-Bugs-1237847 ] wxPerl does not build with wxUniversal
Bugs item #1237847, was opened at 2005-07-13 23:24 Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115655&aid=1237847&group_id=15655 Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread, including the initial issue submission, for this request, not just the latest update. Category: None Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Mattia Barbon (mbarbon) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: wxPerl does...

[wxperl-users] [ wxperl-Bugs-588884 ] wxperl will not compile
Bugs item #588884, was opened at 2002-07-30 17:13 You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115655&aid=588884&group_id=15655 Category: None Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Dan Stahlke (danstahlke) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: wxperl will not compile Initial Comment: I cannot get the wxPerl module to compile. It breaks with this message: c++ -c -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.3 -I/usr/local/include -I. -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -O2 -DVERSION=\0.10\ -DXS_VERSION=\...

[wxperl-users] WxPerl Samples..

[wxperl-users] wxPerl demo
Hi all, I am going to split the demo distribution from wxPerl, make it installable from CPAN and include most of what is currently under samples/ inside the demo. As a start I created the wxDemo module in CVS, which is a slightly improved version of the current demo, plus code extracted from the (horrible) control sample. In the next wxPerl release, I will remove the demo/ subdirectory and any samples I was able to assimilate in the demo. In the future I plan to change the look of the demo to be somewhat like the 'widgets' wxWidgets sample: on the right of the ...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl overview
dear monks and mongers in the wx docu is a page about wxpython. see at: http://proton-ce.sourceforge.net/rc/wxwindows/docs/html/wx/wx500.htm#wxpython but nothing about wxperl. im about to change that. I askby this way you, all my precious brothers and sisters, for any suggestions and hints. my half ready version is online at http://proton-ce.sourceforge.net/rc/wxperl/wx500.htm. i know the chapter about other gui isnt ready, maybe has someone more experience with PerlQT or PerTK to prevent that i blame myself. and the text for the hello wxperl, .... im on it the linklist to t...

[wxperl-users] about wxPerl under solaris
We had a little problem having wxPErl running under solaris2.6, with gtk1.2.10, wxGtk-2.4, perl 5.6.1 and gcc2.95.2. All compiled well but when we tryed to run wxPerl apps, we got: " ClassInfo initialization failed 'wxSashWindow' at /nfs/aletheia/packages/all/perl/lib/5.6.1/sun4-solaris2.6/DynaLoader.pm line 206. Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1. Segmentation Fault (core dumped) " I just mail a solution that worked for us and solved our problem, I hope it'll help other people with the sa...

[wxperl-users] wxperl on MacOSX
Hello I'm happy to find today the announcement of a wxwindows-perl interface in www.perl.com's newsletter. It could just be what I'm looking for: some perl gui for MacOS (9/)X. Tough I'm a bit in doubt whether wxperl will work on the mac (primarily MacOSX, MacOS9 would be cool too)? I want to create a rather simple gui: create popup dialogs on top of the desktop (maybe floating windows). It's for a networked message application. It should pop up a window if it receives a message. I've been thinking about porting the perl Mac::* toolbox modules to ...

[wxperl-users] Windows XP window style
Hi all, I am noticing something unusual when running my application on Windows XP, on other OS's (OS X, and Linux) I don't see this. The problem is that in XP most of my windows have a strange looking gray- ish background instead of the normal windows tan background. I am using wxDesigner to layout the windows, and when I preview them via wxDesigner they look as I would expect them to. I can attached a screen shot if that will help, I just didn't want to spam the entire list with one. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Thanks for any help you can ...

[wxperl-users] WxPerl on FreeBSD?
Has anyone built WxPerl on FreeBSD? The problem is that Perl on FreeBSD is built without pthreads, but wxwindows is built with pthreads. perl5 Makefile.PL complains about library settings it inherits from gtk-config: % /usr/local/bin/perl5 Makefile.PL Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-Wl,-E' Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-pthread' Wheb built this way, "make test" reports it can't find pthread_create. Manually sprinkling a bunch of "-pthread"s and "-lc_r" gets it t...