Re: [wxperl-users] wxPerl 0.23 Release Candidate

  Hello,

> I'm very interested in using this for 10.4/Tiger, but I'm a=
 little
> worried about how it will "play nice" with the existing wxWi=
dgets
> install (2.5.3 or 2.5.4 I think) that comes with Tiger.  Do yo=
u know

  2.5.3.

> whether those .pkg files will overwrite anythin=
g?

  I have not checked (stupid me). However the wxWidgets
package in=
stalls the libraries under /usr/local and the
wxWidgets binaries are def=
initely not there (and if they were
they would have a different name). I=
 have no idea
about the wxPerl shipped with Tiger. If they did things by=
 the book
it should be installed in the 'vendor' directories while the .=
pkg
should install in the 'site' directory; if Apple did not things
by =
the book then the package will almost likely overwrite
the wxPerl shippe=
d with the OS.

Regards
Mattia
=0A=0A=0A=0A__________________________=
__________________________________=0A6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a =
56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!=0AScaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http=
://www.libero.it=0A

0
mattia
6/15/2005 4:07:11 PM
perl.wxperl.users 3043 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I opened up the package files and checked.

It looks like Tiger's wxPerl lives in /System/Library/Perl/Extras.  =20
The libs are in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6/darwin-thread-=20
multi-2level/Wx*, and there's an intriguing application called =20
wxPerl.app sitting in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/Applications (what =20
does it do I wonder?  an example app maybe from a wxPerl enthusiast =20
working at Apple?)

I believe that means an install in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-=20
multi-2level/ (which is what the pkg file does) will supersede it =20
without clobbering it.  It may overwrite /usr/bin/wxPerl; I'll back =20
that up just in case.

On Jun 15, 2005, at 11:44 AM, mattia.barbon@libero.it wrote:

>   Hello,
>

>> I'm very interested in using this for 10.4/Tiger, but I'm a little
>> worried about how it will "play nice" with the existing wxWidgets
>> install (2.5.3 or 2.5.4 I think) that comes with Tiger.  Do you know
>>

>   2.5.3.
>

>> whether those .pkg files will overwrite anything?
>>

>   I have not checked (stupid me). However the wxWidgets
> package installs the libraries under /usr/local and the
> wxWidgets binaries are definitely not there (and if they were
> they would have a different name). I have no idea
> about the wxPerl shipped with Tiger. If they did things by the book
> it should be installed in the 'vendor' directories while the .pkg
> should install in the 'site' directory; if Apple did not things
> by the book then the package will almost likely overwrite
> the wxPerl shipped with the OS.
>
> Regards
> Mattia

ed

Re: L2R/R2L syntax (was Re: Everything is an object.)
Luke Palmer wrote: > I think this is a big step towards readability. It allows you to put > whatever part of the expression wherever you want (reminiscent of > Latin); You didn't think Perligata was just for *fun*, did you? ;-) > It's a shame <~ is ambiguous. It's a lexical ambiguity, which can be > solved with whitespace.... ....and the longest token rule. And, of course, it's no more ambiguous than the ~~ operator: foo ~~ $bar # means: foo() ~~ $bar # not: foo( ~ ~$bar ) Damian ------_=_NextPart_00...

Host account v.3.0.10
I upgrade from 3.0.8 to 3.0.10 and now cannot login with the host or admin account. Any ideas ? I have tried this: - a fresh and clean instalation with 3.0.8 then upgrade 3.0.9; Then this - a fresh and clean instalation with 3.0.8 then upgrade 3.0.10; and always the same message: Login Failed, remember that Password are acse sensitive Ok, I also logged for host/host; host/HOST; HOST/host; HOST/HOST.... I'm having the same issue, though I upgraded from 3.0.7. Also, it applies to all my users on all my portals. Help!?? Same issue, but on a fresh install of ...

PB 7.0 Build 7021
Hey, I have a datawindow that has a field that is a Drop Down Listbox. The DDLB is fine until I get a validation error from anothere column. When a validation error messagebox is presented to the user and they hit O.K, the DDLB looses all of its DDLB properties. The arrow goes away and the contents disappear. Say i have a column that can not have a value greater than 100. if the user enters 110, the datawindow validation error message appears and then the DDLB that holds a list of states is cleared and the arrow goes away. Any suggestions is appreciated, Rich The pr...

XP User Account Problem
In an attempt to tighten up on computer security I have started to use User Accounts on my laptop with XP Home. The admin account is protected with a password and I have two limited accounts for myself and my wife. Problem is one of my network monitoring programs (packetMon from AnologX) will not operate under my user account but does so OK when loaded from admin. I get the error 'unable to open raw socket'. I was under the impression it is best not to have the admin account open when on the net. Geoff Lane Geoff Lane wrote: > In an attempt to tighten up on co...

User Assist Spy
Some info on the User Assist registry key: http://www.utdallas.edu/~jbs024000/articles/explorer_spy.html And the actual "Use Assist Spy" utility: http://www.utdallas.edu/~jbs024000/software/index.html#userass -- Steve 95isalive This site is best viewed........ .....................with a computer In grc.linkfarm 95isalive wrote: > Some info on the User Assist registry key: > http://www.utdallas.edu/~jbs024000/articles/explorer_spy.html > > And the actual "Use Assist Spy" utility: > http://www.utdallas.edu/~jbs024000/software/index.htm...

Re: Jimi Hendrix error
Name: Lone Wolf Product: Firefox Summary: Re: Jimi Hendrix error Comments: Howlo: I am a songwriter and studio musician. NOBODY knows more about Jimi Hendrix than I do. YOU ARE WRONG! Jimi did NOT make guitar feedback a popular technique. Electric guitar feedback is a technique, but it has NEVER been popular. 99% of guitar feedback is accidental. Virtually no guitar players, except for Hendrix, have used it musically. John Lennon claimed to be the first to record feedback in a song. Two fucking seconds. If you're going to post stuff about music and musicians, g...

Re: Re: Still can't read this page
Thanks a lot! I'm making a script that I will only use myself, so I don't think the creator of the site will mind (but you're right, I should ask). /Gustaf > Gustaf Bergstr? <gustaf.bergstrom@home.se> writes: > > > I still have a problem with this. It turned out that Gisle > > Aas didn't get the right page either. > > > > My script is trying to read this page: > > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp? ID=10420 > > > > but the server keeps responding with this page: > > http://www...

URGENT
Hi, I am kirti. I am getting some problem while porting data from sybase11.9.2 to oracle8.0. In sybase date-time is stored as ........ "Mon DD YYYY HH:MM:SS:SSSAM" example "Jun 13 2000 11:39:31:113AM" while in oracle the same is stored as ............ "DD/MM/YYYY HH24:mi:ss" example "13/06/2000 11:39:31" Thus, Millisecond is not stored in Oracle. For exporting data from Sybase, I am using BCP utility of Unix. I am importing data in Oracle by using SQLLOADER utility of Oracle. While importing data, It is giving the error "Invalid Dat...

User can decide beteween two different styles (css .skin etc)
hi i build a master page with many related pages my design is n the App_Themes folder and there exist zum Design1 folder with the skin files the css etc. so how to build a feature to let the user decide which style he wants to use? so I add a Design 2 folder beyond the App_Themes folder and but there the second css and skin files but how to obtain that alle skin files etc. are switched when the user desides it from a dropdown list or at login? I hopefully have not to copy all files and set a link at the begining to the two different versions... can somebody give some adv...

RE : RE : RE : RE : Regular expressions
Here is a sample of what your piece of code returns on my Aix box. 44520 -> /prog/gena/8.1.1/bin/dispatch 44650 -> reproject 45176 -> aioserver 45432 -> aioserver 45724 -> -ksh 46002 -> /bin/bsh 46232 -> /usr/dt/bin/dtterm 46584 -> /usr/bin/ksh 46820 -> /usr/dt/bin/ttsession 47060 -> /bin/bsh 47304 -> /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin 47396 -> /usr/dt/bin/dtterm 47722 -> dtfile 47942 -> /usr/dt/bin/dtsession 48272 -> dtfile 48568 -> ora_cjq0_gist 48758 -> gxtrackd 49032 -> dtwm 49330 -> /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piohpnpf 49592 -> b...

Left Handed Tablet Users
Name: Zoe Summers Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Left Handed Tablet Users Comments: Hi. Could you PLEASE, add functionality to swap (via a menu option like MS OneNote) to move the vertical scrollbar to the left side. Please. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 GranParadiso/3.0a1 ...

Re: [perl #24338] Attribute::Handlers will trash UNIVERSAL
Chip Salzenberg <chip@pobox.com> wrote: > According to Damian Conway: > > Michael G Schwern wrote: > > > Damian's code: > > > > push @UNIVERSAL::ISA, 'Attribute::Handlers' > > > > > > > > > Damian, why does Attribute::Handlers do that? > > > > Because of the OO-ish way in which Perl 5's built-in attribute handling is > > implemented [...] > > > > I don't have a good solution for you for this, short of entirely reworking > > how built-in attributes work. Or at le...

how do i add external users to distribution lists?
although the documentation states that its possible to add external users to a distribution list, this does not seem to be easily acheivable. both my address book and the 7.01 client simply crashes whenever trying to add users from an external groupwise system. also tried adding a user from e.g. frequent contacts, but in that case it simply did not add the user. i do not want to have to create external domains, postoffices, users etc - seems far to complicated and have to many users to add. any ideas? > although the documentation states that its possible to add external users &g...

Re: Re: large updates and deletes
>>I have been handed a couple of requests to change some data. One is an >>update on 3.6 million records and the other is two different deletions of >>over 16 million rows of data. I need to be able to do these in batches as= I >>am told that Oracle will "blow up" if I do them in one shot. >> >>I would like to do them in increments of 50,000 then a commit...then the >>next 50,000 and then another commit. >> >>What it is the best way to do this? >> >>Robert >> >> >perhaps not strictly dbi...

RE: Azure Logging
Yes, Azure is completely in the mozilla::gfx namespace :). Severity is given by using gfxDebug of gfxWarning or other defined severities. This is just a template argument to the log class(ie typedef Log<LOG_DEBUG> gfxDebug). Part of this was actually inspired on the Qt logging code. I didn't know the chromium code was similar but it's nice to know! Bas -----Original Message----- From: Benjamin Smedberg Sent: dinsdag 14 juni 2011 19:48 To: Bas Schouten Cc: dev-platform@lists.mozilla.org Subject: Re: Azure Logging On 6/14/2011 11:51 AM, Bas Schouten wrote: >...

Re:Break and resume loop
------=_Part_30909_9128640.1220185318780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You may try something like: while(<>) { chomp; if ($_ eq "b") { last; } elsif ($_ eq "q") { exit; } elsif ($_ eq "c") { next; } } I thought that this is a homework question,:) Cr=C3=A9ez votre adresse =C3=A9lectronique prenom.nom@laposte.net=20 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus int=C3=A9gr=C3=A9s. ------=_Part_30909_9128640.1220185318780-- ...

Re: Opcodes (was Re: The external interface for the parser piece) #2
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote: > On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 01:14:40PM +0000, David Mitchell wrote: > > Dan Sugalski <dan@sidhe.org> wrote: > > > > All the math is easy if the scalars are of known types. Addition and > > > multiplication are easy if only one of the scalars involved is of known > > > type. Math with both of unknown type, or subtraction and division with the > > > right-hand operand of unknown type, is rather more difficult. :( > > > > I'm not clear with your scheme how addition works i...

Infomaker 8.0 questions
My company recently moved from Infomaker 6.5 to 8.0 and there are a couple of issues that have me stumped at this point. Issue #1: We have a large number of Powersoft Report files (.psr) which were created in 6.5. I notice that when these are run in the 8.0 environment the data seems to be saving to the report. In other words, we launch the report and the data is old and needs to be refreshed by clicking the retrieve button. Why isn't the data refreshed/retrieved when the report first launches? In 6.5 there was an option to retain data to the report. Is there a similar opti...

error CO22 on user database
I'm getting error CO22 on a user database and the PO loads but all i get is the message: "dispatching rebuild of database: userxxx". kjs@verizon.net wrote in news:wCHyb.12873$I04.8286@prv- forum2.provo.novell.com: > I'm getting error CO22 on a user database and the PO loads but all i get > is the message: "dispatching rebuild of database: userxxx". Try running the standalone GWCheck against the user database, first Analyze/Fix Structure, then Contents in a second run. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Oracle Procedures not being re-validated by PowerBuilder
My environment is Oracle 7.3.4, PowerBuilder 5.5. I have several Oracle Procedures which sometimes become invalidated due to manipulation of the definition of the tables referenced in the Procedures(i.e. adding new columns, indexes,etc). However, nothing is being done to the table to cause the Procedure not to function correctly. Oracle normally will see that a Procedure has become invalidated, and re-validate it when it is next required. Unfortunately, PowerBuilder does something that prevents Oracle from doing this re-validation process. Is this a DBParam setting that I have missed...

update 3.0
Name: Jeannine Quaintance Email: rjquaintanceatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: update 3.0 Comments: I just last night upgraded to 3.03 I think it was............ and to my dismay, my Norton Anti virus information is now missing from my tool bar. this held all my passwords securely........ how do I get this back? I went to Norton and found nothing that would help restore it. thanks Jeannie Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix give...

RE: [perl #21696] bug in module Net::FTP
Yes, you are right, we called func binary(), then everything goes well Thanks Jiaming Yu -----Original Message----- From: Ask Bjoern Hansen [mailto:perlbug-followup@perl.org] Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 6:18 AM To: JYu@mail.brc.mcw.edu Subject: [perl #21696] bug in module Net::FTP [JYu@mail.brc.mcw.edu - Tue Mar 25 15:32:45 2003]: > To whom it may concern: > > We found when use Net::FTP module to download large size file, the download > is incomplete. Our test sample: > > URL: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/repository/UniGene/ > > Test f...

In place upgrade from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
I am looking into doing a inplace upgrade of our Netware 5.0 Server to Netware 6.5 on a Compaq G3 Proliant. What is the best way to do this. Many thanks for any advice. Regards, How many users? -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

RE: Re: Editor
Couldn't agree more, but... didn't you forget to close your subtitution with a trailing slash? :25,45 s/^/#/ vi Rocks > ---------- > From: Luke Bakken > Reply To: luke_bakken@yahoo.com > Sent: Friday, July 6, 2001 1:47 PM > Cc: anton; beginners@perl.org > Subject: RE: Re: Editor > > You know at the risk of starting a huge flamewar here (tho I doubt it'll > happen - people seem really reasonable on this list) I'm going to put in > my $0.02 for not just learning vi, but becoming fluent with it: > > 1. It's uni...

How to release LOCK
Let's say a supervisor creates a one-time-use password into pwd table another user use the password and the application sets IsExpired = 1 as soon as the password is used. What tickles me is that the process of UPDATE pwd SET IsExpired = 1 WHERE id = :li_id; has to wait a couple of minutes before it is completed. I found out that this is due to LOCKING mechanism. How do I know this? Becase if the supervisor closes his application then the update process completes in less than one second. On the supervisor logic's side, I tried to put: sqlca.of_begi...