Re:[wxperl-users] Mac OS X / wxPerl / PARl: symlink problems

> Mac OS X Panther 10.3.4
> perl 5.8.1 (came w/OS)
> PAR 0.87
> wxWidg=
ets 2.5.3
> wxPerl 0.22
>
> I've been trying to pack a wxperl program=
 as a standalone executable
> that will run on systems without perl or =
wx installed. Even when I use
> the -l option to include the wx library=
 file, though, running the
> program on anything besides the developmen=
t machine always gives me the
> error:
>
> dyld: ./CDArchiveCalculat=
or can't open library:
> /usr/local/lib/libwx_mac_adv-2.5.3.dylib  (No =
such file or directory,
> errno =3D 2)
> Trace/BPT trap
   ^^^^^^^^^^=
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Notice the full path here.

> I included that fil=
e specifically via -l. The file itself is just a
> symlink, though:
> =

> libwx_mac_adv-2.5.3.0.0.dylib
> libwx_mac_adv-2.5.3.dylib -> libwx_m=
ac_adv-2.5.3.0.0.dylib

> So when I check the PAR_TEMP directory I se=
e only
> libwx_mac_adv-2.5.3.0.0.dylib, not the link. I can only imagin=
e the
> problem is that wxperl is expecting the link file itself to sti=
ll be
> there. Should PAR, then, in addition to following symlinks, inc=
lude them
> in the archive?
>
> Unfortunately I don't have access to=
 a Mac at this moment, so I can't
> test it to see if that would work. =
In the meantime, I welcome your
> comments and suggestions.

  I had =
the same issue. The problem is that Wx.bundle links to
/usr/local/lib/li=
bwx_mac_adv-2.5.3.0.0.dylib specifying the full
path.  I ended up distri=
buting an additional package to install
the wxWidgets libraries in /usr/=
local, which sucks.  Other alternatives
are:

1) package wxWidgets as =
a framework (I have no idea what
    changes in wxWidgets are necessary =
for this to work).

2) find a way to link wxWidgets with a relative pat=
h:
    I did not find a way of doing this, and I think it is not
    po=
ssible with Mac OS X, unless you use a framework

Regards
Mattia

=0D
=
=0A=0A=0A=0A____________________________________________________________=0A=
6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!=0A=
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it=0A

0
mattia
3/29/2005 11:16:02 AM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>2) find a way to link wxWidgets with a relative path:
>    I did not find a way of doing this, and I think it is not
>    possible with Mac OS X, unless you use a framework

It is possible to change the library paths after linking. Please see

http://web42.com/software/perlwrapper/

It is a bit rough, but works.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"The following two statements are usually both true: There's not enough
documentation. There's too much documentation."  -- Larry Wall
0
crenz
3/29/2005 2:03:19 PM
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:03:07 +0200 Christian Renz <crenz-wxperl@web42.com> wrote:

> >2) find a way to link wxWidgets with a relative path:
> >    I did not find a way of doing this, and I think it is not
> >    possible with Mac OS X, unless you use a framework
>
> It is possible to change the library paths after linking. Please see
>
> http://web42.com/software/perlwrapper/
>
> It is a bit rough, but works.

  Ooh... I was already using PerlWrapper, but I missed
update_dylib_references.pl [1]. Cool! I'm updating the packaging
script right now.

Thanks!
Mattia

[1] Shame on me for not reading the README carefully...
0
mattia

[wxperl-users] Mac OS X / wxPerl / PARl: symlink problems
Mac OS X Panther 10.3.4 perl 5.8.1 (came w/OS) PAR 0.87 wxWidgets 2.5.3 wxPerl 0.22 I've been trying to pack a wxperl program as a standalone executable that will run on systems without perl or wx installed. Even when I use the -l option to include the wx library file, though, running the program on anything besides the development machine always gives me the error: dyld: ./CDArchiveCalculator can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libwx_mac_adv-2.5.3.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2) Trace/BPT trap I included that file specifically via -l. The file it...

Fwd: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl
>To: Jouke Visser <jouke@pvoice.org>, wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net >From: Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch> >Subject: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl >Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:08:19 +0100 > >Hello, > >I'm crossposting this reply to the macosx-perl mailing list because >there is some interest, too. Actually I forgot to put the macosx-perl adress on it. >At 14:02 Uhr +0200 24.9.2001, Jouke Visser wrote: >>I wondered if anyone yet tried to compile wxPerl on a Mac. If not, I'...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl on Mac OS X
Hi everyone. I know there have been plenty of e-mails regarding this, and stupidly, I ignored them because I never thought I'd be working on a mac. Now, I have an iBook and I'm kicking myself for not paying attention to those e-mails. So...what's the deal? Is there wxPerl for OS X? Do I have to build it myself? etc.. Thanks, Matt _____________________________________________________________ Hi all, I tried wxPerl on MacOS 10.1 (iBook), and although it successfully compiled, all sample programs show the following error. Can anyone help me on this? Thank...

Re:[wxperl-users] WxPerl and Mac OS X 10.4. Window appears locked up.
Hello, > I am using WxPerl on Mac OS X 10.4 and the GUI does display= correctly, but the problem is that it is immobile. I can't click on any= of the buttons but I can minimize and maximize the window. The script I= 'm using goes for any script, even the ones that > are on the WxPerl si= te. I know that Apple did ship WxPerl with 10.4, is there something diff= erent that's making the window appear in this locked stated? Any help wo= uld be grateful. Are you running the scripot with 'perl' or with 'wx= Perl'? Out of curiosity, are ...

Re:[wxperl-users] Standalone WxPerl on Mac OS X 10.3 (and 10.4)
Hello, > I have looked all over the place and I can't seem to find a= straight answer anywhere. > > I would like to distribute this WxPerl= app on a CD. > > Is it possible, if so how, to compile WxPerl for Ma= c OS X 10.3 and have it as a standalone? (so I don't need to install any= thing) > Does a standalone compile exist somewhere that I missed? (do i = need a different compile for 10.4 also?) I don't want to compile my perl= script with the perl interpretter as I've heard there can be many issue= s with it. I use PerlWrapper ...

Re: [wxperl-users] Compile problems for wxPerl 0.10 on OS X 10.1.3
I just downloaded the latest CVS snapshot, and it compiles. However, it doesn't work. I sent Mattia a log of output from `make test`, so maybe some workaround can be done... Matt --- Jouke Visser <jouke@pvoice.org> wrote: >On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:56:18PM +0100, Mattia Barbon wrote: >> > Hello all. As I said before, I compiled and installed wxMac 2.3.2 without problems. The samples look nice :). However, I had problems compiling wxPerl 0.08. Mattia sent me a workout, and that didn't work. 0.10 came around, and I tried that. Still doesn't work, but the wx...

[wxperl-users] wxperl on OS X compile problem
Is there a "howto" out there anywhere on compiling wxperl on OS X? Containing specific steps, and written for people without a lot of knowledge about C++? I am running Panther (10.3) and got the CVS version of wxWindows to compile and install. Trying to get wxPerl to compile I tripped over the "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET" environment variable problem mentioned by a previous poster, but managed to get around it by exporting the correct value (10.3) immediately before running "make". (I had generated my Makefile using the command "perl Makefile.PL -...

[wxperl-users] compiling wxPerl under Mac OS X
I'm trying my hand at this using the latest CVS versions of wxMAC and wxPerl. a couple of months ago... my previous attempt at installing wxMAC was unsuccessful. everything appeared to compile and install, and running the minimal sample brought up a window, yet I was unable to interact with it. my previous attempt at installing wxPerl (0.10, along with the previous attempt at wxMAC) appeared to compile and install. I've never been able to run the wxPerl minimal sample, although perl -c minimal.pl would compile. and now... my latest attempt at installing wxMAC...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl on Mac OS X #2
Hi. I downloaded and compiled wxMac 2.3.2, then compiled and ran both the minimal app and the grid app without problems. I then built wxPerl and ran a make test, but it failed all tests. Regardless, I installed it and ran a few samples, and none of them worked. The errors are provided below. Thanks, Matt Errors when running make test for wxPerl: [localhost:~/Documents/Wx/Wx-0.08] matt% make test make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'. make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'. PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/System/Library/Perl/darwin -I/System/Library...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl on Mac OS X screenshots
Screenshots at <http://homepage.mac.com/wwv/PhotoAlbum12.html>. Cheers, Ward Wednesday, March 5, 2003, 4:58:46 AM, you wrote: Ward> Screenshots at <http://homepage.mac.com/wwv/PhotoAlbum12.html>. Thanks for the screenshots. Much appreciated. - Can one create executables for the Mac like with perl2exe? - Are there any gotchas, or would it be possible to run an app written on Win32 or Linux on a Mac without changes? Sofar this is possible with Win32 and Linux, as it is intended by Wx. I don't have a Mac, which is why I ask. Marcus On Friday, ...

[wxperl-users] wxperl 0.19 in mac os x
Hey, I have just installed wxperl 0.19 from the binaries and tried the demo programs from the http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxperl/wxPerl-0.19-samples.zip I run the perl scripts from the terminal command line and the output is correct (a window with the expected behaviour) but I cannot really move it or anything. In bar above I do not see something like wxperl 0.19 or something. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks!! On Jun 29, 2004, at 15:36, Panagiotis Sebos wrote: > I run the perl scripts from the terminal command line and the output > is correct > (a wi...

[wxperl-users] wxperl on OS X
Is there a "howto" out there anywhere on compiling wxperl on OS X? Containing specific steps, and written for people without a lot of knowledge about C++? I am running Panther (10.3) and got the CVS version of wxWindows to compile and install. Trying to get wxPerl to compile I tripped over the "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET" environment variable problem mentioned by a previous poster, but managed to get around it by exporting the correct value (10.3) immediately before running "make". (I had generated my Makefile using the command "perl Makefi...

Re:[wxperl-users] wxPerl-0.21 Mac Install Problem
Hello, > The Installer hangs on installing the last stage of wxPerl.= pkg: > > Processing wxPerl > Running Installer Script > Time Remaini= ng: less than a minute Did it create a 'wxPerl' executable in /usr/b= in or /usr/local/bin? Where is wx-config located? I the directory conta= ining wx-config in the PATH? Regards Mattia =0A=0A=0A=0A____________= ________________________________________________=0ALibero ADSL: 3 mesi gr= atis e navighi a 1.2 Mega, senza costi di attivazione.=0AAbbonati subito = su http://www.libero.it=0A --- "m...

Re:[wxperl-users] wxPerl-0.21 Mac Install Problem #2
> Any help would be appreciated. I think there may be a problem with the=0D = > Installer for Mac. Has anyone successfully installed 0.21 on Mac yet?=0D = if it hangs for you surely there is a problem. The $1M question is: = running "wxPerl foo.pl" works for you? IOW: did the installed hang befor= e or after completing its job? Regards Mattia =0A=0A=0A=0A_________= ___________________________________________________=0ARegala e regalati L= ibero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis, navighi veloce e scarichi a 1.2 Mega. =0AAbbon= ati subito senza costi di attivazione su http...

Web resources about - Re:[wxperl-users] Mac OS X / wxPerl / PARl: symlink problems - perl.wxperl.users