Re:Re[2]: [wxperl-users] Wx::Mozilla -- testers needed!

> Thursday, March 9, 2006, 1:59:44 AM, you wrote:
> Dan> I don't -- I built this on Linux.
>
> Okay, I'll try on Linux, I was just using Windows at the moment (for so=
me reason). If it works on Linux then maybe it will build with cygwin.

> Mattia, do you use mingw or MSVC to make the Windows binaries for wxPer=
l?

  MinGW with GCC 3.4.

Mattia

0
mattia
3/9/2006 8:06:01 AM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>>Mattia, do you use mingw or MSVC to make the Windows binaries for wxPerl?
>>

>  MinGW with GCC 3.4.

You can get a "free" version of MSVC 2003 and I think 2005.  These are
worth trying out because the size of the resulting binary is a fraction
of the size of the MinGW version (at least in my testing)

(As an aside I have noticed the (compressed) size of my WxPerl app jump
from 2.5Mb to 3.5Mb when moving from older wxperl to the newer wxperl
with the "individual libraries" - did you change compiler in the past?)

Ed W

0
lists