[wxperl-users] wxPerl-Constructors

Hi all,

I've finally gotten around to the s/WxPerl/wxPerl/ rename.  Has anybody
tried it yet?  Any thoughts before it goes on CPAN?

  http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/wxPerl-Constructors/trunk

The next release of dotReader will be depending on it, so that should
happen "real soon now".

--Eric
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it."

scratchcomputing
4/1/2007 3:18:59 AM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Eric.

I think this looks rather good.

I would not fret about the inheritance / isa issues. I don't think you can solve these in a none restrictive way without ending up with a syntax at least as verbose as the standard - or something completely different.

Provided it points out the issues in the pod (which it does) I would say that is good enough.

Regards

Mark

Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've finally gotten around to the s/WxPerl/wxPerl/ rename.  Has anybody
> tried it yet?  Any thoughts before it goes on CPAN?
>
>   http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/wxPerl-Constructors/trunk
>
> The next release of dotReader will be depending on it, so that should
> happen "real soon now".
>
> --Eric

0
mark
4/1/2007 2:00:17 PM
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 20:18:59 -0700
Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi,

> I've finally gotten around to the s/WxPerl/wxPerl/ rename.  Has anybody
> tried it yet?  Any thoughts before it goes on CPAN?

  Not tried it, just read the documentation.

>   http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/wxPerl-Constructors/trunk
>
> The next release of dotReader will be depending on it, so that should
> happen "real soon now".

  I'm just curious as to why you made

  my $ctrl = wxPerl::Foo->new(undef);
  my $ctrl = wxPerl::Foo->new();

equivalent, given that the only windows for which an undef parent
makes sense (Wx::Frame and Wx::Dialog) have additional mandatory
arguments.

Regards,
Mattia

0
mattia
4/1/2007 3:23:36 PM
# from Mattia Barbon
# on Sunday 01 April 2007 08:23 am:

>=A0 I'm just curious as to why you made
>
>=A0 my $ctrl =3D wxPerl::Foo->new(undef);
>=A0 my $ctrl =3D wxPerl::Foo->new();
>
>equivalent, given that the only windows for which an undef parent
>makes sense (Wx::Frame and Wx::Dialog) have additional mandatory
>arguments.

Oops, that's right.  Those both require a title, so that doesn't make=20
much sense.  I suppose I should make wxPerl::Foo->new() be equivalent=20
to Wx::Foo->new() then?

Thanks,
Eric
=2D-=20
"You can't win. You can't break even. You can't quit."
=2D-Ginsberg's Restatement of the Three Laws of Thermodynamics
=2D--------------------------------------------------
    http://scratchcomputing.com
=2D--------------------------------------------------

0
scratchcomputing

[wxperl-users] wxPerl Wiki => wxPerl Kwiki
Hello all, Once upon a time I installed a Wiki, called it the wxPerl Wiki and didn't look at it anymore. I noticed that only a few people use it, it's been hacked a few times, and to make it work, at least yours truly should put more time and effort in it. This morning I started installing Kwiki, which is a far better Wiki platform than the Wiki that was installed. Apart from the UserPreferences page (working on it), everything works as it should. However, the data people entered in the old Wiki can't be converted to Kwiki automatically. Therefore I need your ...

[wxperl-users] [ wxperl-Bugs-1237847 ] wxPerl does not build with wxUniversal
Bugs item #1237847, was opened at 2005-07-13 23:24 Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115655&aid=1237847&group_id=15655 Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread, including the initial issue submission, for this request, not just the latest update. Category: None Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Mattia Barbon (mbarbon) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: wxPerl does...

Fwd: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl
>To: Jouke Visser <jouke@pvoice.org>, wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net >From: Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch> >Subject: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl >Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:08:19 +0100 > >Hello, > >I'm crossposting this reply to the macosx-perl mailing list because >there is some interest, too. Actually I forgot to put the macosx-perl adress on it. >At 14:02 Uhr +0200 24.9.2001, Jouke Visser wrote: >>I wondered if anyone yet tried to compile wxPerl on a Mac. If not, I'...

[wxperl-users] [ wxperl-Bugs-588884 ] wxperl will not compile
Bugs item #588884, was opened at 2002-07-30 17:13 You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115655&aid=588884&group_id=15655 Category: None Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Dan Stahlke (danstahlke) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: wxperl will not compile Initial Comment: I cannot get the wxPerl module to compile. It breaks with this message: c++ -c -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.3 -I/usr/local/include -I. -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -O2 -DVERSION=\0.10\ -DXS_VERSION=\...

[wxperl-users] WxPerl Samples..

[wxperl-users] wxPerl constants
Hi, Newbie question - how does one suck in all the wxPerl constats into your code ie stulff like wx_OK etc etc. Geoff -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/wxPerl-constants-t1177761.html#a3098302 Sent from the wxperl-users forum at Nabble.com. On Feb 23, 2006, at 1:47 PM, Geoff M wrote: > > Hi, > > Newbie question - how does one suck in all the wxPerl constats into > your > code ie stulff like wx_OK etc etc. > > Geoff Name all of the constants your package needs in the "use statement. E.g.: use Wx qw(wxHORIZONTA...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl overview
dear monks and mongers in the wx docu is a page about wxpython. see at: http://proton-ce.sourceforge.net/rc/wxwindows/docs/html/wx/wx500.htm#wxpython but nothing about wxperl. im about to change that. I askby this way you, all my precious brothers and sisters, for any suggestions and hints. my half ready version is online at http://proton-ce.sourceforge.net/rc/wxperl/wx500.htm. i know the chapter about other gui isnt ready, maybe has someone more experience with PerlQT or PerTK to prevent that i blame myself. and the text for the hello wxperl, .... im on it the linklist to t...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl demo
Hi all, I am going to split the demo distribution from wxPerl, make it installable from CPAN and include most of what is currently under samples/ inside the demo. As a start I created the wxDemo module in CVS, which is a slightly improved version of the current demo, plus code extracted from the (horrible) control sample. In the next wxPerl release, I will remove the demo/ subdirectory and any samples I was able to assimilate in the demo. In the future I plan to change the look of the demo to be somewhat like the 'widgets' wxWidgets sample: on the right of the ...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl::Styles
Hi all, Here's a style shortcut package to complement wxPerl::Constructors http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/wxPerl-Styles/trunk/ I realize that style('hscroll', te => 'process_enter|multiline') isn't much shorter than (style => Wx::wxHSCROLL()|Wx::wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER()| Wx::wxTE_MULTILINE()), but shortness is only an interim goal. By processing the constants as strings, I'm hoping to enable a better XRC-like thing. In the meantime, it's shorter enough that I think I can get all of the style onto one line more often than not. Thoughts...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl wxGetPasswrodFromUser
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0130_01C3A2D0.47712300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable please, what is the corresponding wxperl function (and how to use) to = the 'C' wxGetPasswordFromUser? I did not find doc for that. my env : wxperl 0.15 and ActiveState 5.6.1 on win XP. thanks in advance, ulisses ------=_NextPart_000_0130_01C3A2D0.47712300 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable &l...

[wxperl-users] your wxPerl wishlist?
Hi all, I'm working on a few ideas for better expressing wx child widgets and layouts in Perl and I'm curious what you think is most needed. First, let me say a big thank you to Mattia. I've been using wxPerl for a while now and am fairly familiar with the code and what a monumental effort this was and is. Mattia, you deserve many more thank-you's and likely don't hear them often enough. What I'm working on is something like an "ideal syntax", not any sort of flaw in the bindings. Next, I've heard "I want a good, free GUI rad too...

[wxperl-users] wxperl on MacOSX
Hello I'm happy to find today the announcement of a wxwindows-perl interface in www.perl.com's newsletter. It could just be what I'm looking for: some perl gui for MacOS (9/)X. Tough I'm a bit in doubt whether wxperl will work on the mac (primarily MacOSX, MacOS9 would be cool too)? I want to create a rather simple gui: create popup dialogs on top of the desktop (maybe floating windows). It's for a networked message application. It should pop up a window if it receives a message. I've been thinking about porting the perl Mac::* toolbox modules to ...

[wxperl-users] wxperl on solaris ?
I desperately need a perl GUI that runs on solaris/linux/windows. So I found wxperl that seems very nice, and runs pretty well on windows and linux. But I can't manage to make it works under solaris2.6, with gtk1.2.10, wxGtk-2.4, perl 5.6.1 and gcc2.95.2. the compilation process seems successful, but when I try to run any wxperl script, I get the following message : ClassInfo initialization failed 'wxSashWindow' at /nfs/aletheia/packages/all/perl/lib/5.6.1/sun4-solaris2.6/DynaLoader.pm line 206. Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN failed--compila...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl documentation
Hi, I'm new to wxPerl and I'm finding that I fall into the cracks between wxPerl and wxWindows. I'm not sure what documentation to follow. Specifically, at the moment I'm trying to create a ListBox. I appear to have succeeded, that is, I don't get any errors, but I also don't see a box. How do I give it a position, size, etc? The syntax I'm using is not what's specified in the wxWindows online document (more like Perl), but I don't want to start guessing. I have <CODE> my $list1 = Wx::ListBox->new(); # make a list box, I hope...

Web resources about - [wxperl-users] wxPerl-Constructors - perl.wxperl.users