beep R beep C beep 3

Here lies the third and final release candidate:

    ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.patch.gz
    ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.tar.gz

And yes, the patch is against 5.5.670, but this here summary is against RC2.

   Bug fixes:

      + open($fh[0],...) autovivifies properly
      + closures inherit attributes correctly
      + "\N{...}" used without "use charnames ..." produces better diagnostic
      + "\N{...}" enables utf8-ness of string correctly
      + return values from match in a list context, as well as $& et al
        propagate utf8-ness (Graham Barr)
      + sort optimizer doesn't hang inside loops anymore
      + CHECK and INIT blocks encountered at run time provoke warnings
      + msgrcv(), shmread() and the shell and passwd fields of getpw*()
        all taint (Jarkko Hietaniemi)
      + memory leak in fork() emulation fixed
      + queued errors show up correctly after after the "too many errors"
        limit
      + parenthetic warnings look more consistent; diagnostic on
        "use 5.6" et al mentions the alternate form
      + newSVuv() is now part of the API (Jarkko Hietaniemi)
      + attributes::reftype() consistently croaks on non-refs
      + attributes::reftype(*FOO{IO}) returns "IO" instead of "UNKNOWN"
        (Tom Christiansen)
      + no more coredumps on more than one call to perl_construct() (Doug
        MacEachern)
      + wrong type for syswrite() length argument fixed

   Library:

      + $File::Find::name now correctly tracks top level files (Simon Cozens)
      + dumpvar.pl (and Dumpvalue.pm) recognize emptyness in arrays
        (Matthias Urlichs)
      + Pod::Man correctly strips leading lib/ for module manpages (Russ
        Allbery)
      + User::pwent fixups for new fields (Tom Christiansen);
      + Getopt::Long updated to v2.23 (Johan Vromans)
      + syntax errors in Thread::* gone (Tom Christiansen)
      + PodParser updated to v1.13 (Brad Appleton)
      + Fcntl supports obscure dosish O_ constants (Jarkko Hietaniemi)

   Ports:

      + Configure doesn't use /tmp anymore (Andy Dougherty)
      + Configure man3dir bug fixed (Andy Dougherty)
      + FreeBSD hints are v5.* aware (Anton Berezin)
      + unused TryEnterCriticalSection() code gone, helps people still
        stuck with the Windows of 1995
      + C<use vmsish 'hushed'> supported (Charles Lane)
      + PowerMAX hints fixups (Tom Horsley)
      + various VMS fixups (Charles Bailey and Dan Sugalski)

   Utilities:

      + perlbug now asks for category and severity for bugtron (Richard Foley)
      + debugger defaults warnLevel and dieLevel to 0 (Tom Christiansen)
      + fixes for alias handling in debugger (Tom Christiansen)
      + xsubpp recognizes single-line declarations; switches to
        disable newfangled features available (Ilya Zakharevich)
      + noTTY debugger option works again (Paul Marquess)
      + pod{man,text} updated from podlators-1.00 (Russ Allbery)

   Pods:

      + perldelta now has a "Known Problems" section
      + various little nits corrected

It may be missing a few pod adjustments here and there, but everything
else in there has been pushed around as much as it can take.  I've built
a large number of modules from CPAN with this on Linux, Solaris and
Windows.  I daresay it all seems good enough to peddle on the streets.

      The dragon rolled over.  `Look!' he said.  `What do you say to that?'

     `Dazzlingly marvellous!  Perfect!  Flawless!  Staggering!' exclaimed
      Bilbo aloud, but what he thought inside was: `Old fool!  Why there
      is a large patch in the hollow of his left breast as bare as a snail
      out of its shell!'
                                      --Inside Information, The Hobbit,
				       J R R Tolkien

So tell me what you think. :-)

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com

0
gsar
3/21/2000 3:01:24 PM
perl.vmsperl 1642 articles. 0 followers. Follow

BEEP! BEEP!
Server #2 is unable to communicate with Server #1. Shows a DS error. BEEP EVERY 5 SECONDS! "I am going nuts." It is impossible to bring up server #1 again. How do I stop this BEEP?? SERVER#2: NetWare 5.1, holds Master Replica, rooter rooter wrote: > Server #2 is unable to communicate with Server #1. Shows a DS error. > > BEEP EVERY 5 SECONDS! > > "I am going nuts." > > It is impossible to bring up server #1 again. > > How do I stop this BEEP?? > > SERVER#2: > NetWare 5.1, holds Master Replica,...

Why beep(2) no beep twice
I have run into this problem before but did not have time to investigate it. The problem occurred again today. I am using the beep function but can not get my application to beep more than once. If I type beep(2) or any other number, it still only beeps once. What's more, if I try something like the following Beep(1) Beep(1) It still only beeps once. Does anyone know why or what I may be doing wrong? Am using PB 6.5 (444) under Windows 95. Woody Splawn In article <36e6e5cf.19300761@forums.powersoft.com>, splawnw@calweb.com says... > I have run int...

Beep
A simple question, I hope. I have managed to compile my program including Beep() and even Beep(100,100), but nothing happens. Do I have to do something to the system to turn beeping on? George. Il Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:57:47 -0700, George Probyn <> ha scritto: >A simple question, I hope. I have managed to compile my program including Beep() >and even Beep(100,100), but nothing happens. Do I have to do something to the system >to turn beeping on? Hi, AFAIK, if you are using Windows Vista x64 or Windows XP 64-Bit the system beep is not supported anymore. ...

beep
windows 95 / pb6.5 using pfc I'm Trying to alert my users to the fact that an erroneous value has been added to a column in my datawindow without a messagebox( i'm returning 1 from itemerror event in the dw control) I've tried the Beep(2) powerscript function, however, it's playing my windows "default sound", not actually making a beep ( my users don't have speakers) I know the computer is capable of beeping, ( i just tested a foxpro app which makes the same classic beep sound my TRS-80 did back in the summer of '81). I'm guessing there's an...

beep
Hi, Does WxPerl have a method for making a default beep? I need something like Win32::GUI::MessageBeep that can be used in a Win32::GUI application. Thank you. Octavian Hi, There's a function Wx::Bell. You would call this simply as: Wx::Bell; Regards Mark Octavian Rasnita wrote: > Hi, > > Does WxPerl have a method for making a default beep? > > I need something like Win32::GUI::MessageBeep that can be used in a > Win32::GUI application. > > Thank you. > > Octavian > Wx::Bell; jerry Octavian Rasnita &l...

Beep
Hi All, Besides Beep function, is there any way I can create the sound other than Beep to alert the user? For some alert sound I don't want to make it same to the Beep sound. Also, if i write Beep(3) it suppose to beep 3 times, but it always just beep 1 time no matter what number I put. If I write it as Beep(1), Beep(1), Beep(1), it still beeps only one time. But when I debug it, it does beep 3 times. What's the problem? Thanks, Shelyn For better or worse, the roots of this problem go back to the time when a system beep was nothing more than a little sound made b...

beep
beep ...

Beeping
I quote below a message from another thread. My problem is that my system NEVER beeps from my app. Even when I press Enter on a single line Edit. I wish it would, then maybe I could put beeps where I want them. I am running Windows XP Home Edition and BCB 6. What can I be doing wrong? Regards, George. <Earl Staley> wrote in message news:297120 at forums dot embarcadero dot com... Reassigning Key=0; worked, but I don't know why. Because that is the way the VCL is designed to work. When an OnKey... event handler exits, if the Key parameter has been set to 0, th...

Beeping
Is there a way to disable the "beep" on a NW65 server? Everytime I rcon into it, or do something at the console, it beeps. I have turned off the "Sound Bell for Alerts" to off, but the thing keeps beeping! Z SET SOUND BELL FOR ALERTS = OFF On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:46:11 GMT, "Zak" <nowhere@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there a way to disable the "beep" on a NW65 server? Everytime I rcon >into it, or do something at the console, it beeps. I have turned off the >"Sound Bell for Alerts" to off, but the thing k...

no beep
Dear Sir, we are developing a windows application using vs.studio. In our program, a beep sound is automatically taken place when people hit enter or click ok button. Would you please let me know how to avoid this functionality? Thank you for your help, Jun If you Open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel. Click on the Sounds tab and you will see a drop down under Sound Scheme, what you are interested in is the Program Events...Windows....Default Beep. What is probably happening in your program is that you have not defined a event for the Enter key being pressed. Thus, the...

Beep() ?
My computer do not beep with Beep() function ,using PB6.0, but with other application,not PB, it do. What happen? Regards, Thaworn R. Hi, The beep() function is calling an external function to produce the sound of 'default sound', listed in the sounds properties in the control panel. Could it be that no WAV file is assigned to 'default sound' ? HTH -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 thawornr <defaultuser@domain.com...

The beep
I cannot find, anywhere in the documentation, the means of disabling the constant beep I get from my BMgr35 server. I get console messages "get hostname failed for IP address x.x.x.x" with some frequency, and each one is accompanied by a beep. When multiple messages display, it is incredibly annoying. I have gone through all the NWADMIN tabs, including the "ALERT" tab, which is set to "none," and have searched the KB. There simply must be a way to disable this so that I can get some work done in my office, which is where the servers are unfortuna...

Thunderbird 3 no system beep anymore?
In TB2 system beep for new mail worked, but in TB3 i hear nothing. I know it's working, it beeps when booting. nopea wrote: > In TB2 system beep for new mail worked, but in TB3 i hear nothing. > I know it's working, it beeps when booting. Hi. Look at Tools / Options / General tab. Is "Play a sound" ticked in the "When new messages arrive" section? -- Wilf On 16.12.2009 12:01, Wilf wrote: > nopea wrote: >> In TB2 system beep for new mail worked, but in TB3 i hear nothing. >> I know it's working, it beeps when booting. >...

Web resources about - beep R beep C beep 3 - perl.vmsperl

Beep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BEEP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , BEEP ( Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol ) is a framework for creating network application protocols. It includes ...

Beep Life (@boul3ez2) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Beep Life @ boul3ez2 beeplife.com ...

Reminders, Timers, Fast! - Beep Me on the App Store on iTunes
Get Reminders, Timers, Fast! - Beep Me on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

beep beep beep beep - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Thirteen Of Clubs' photos on Flickr. Thirteen Of Clubs has uploaded 7892 photos to Flickr.

A doink, beep-beep and a bup-bow: the Top 10 most memorable TV sounds
The origins of the beeps, clicks and ticks used on television series might surprise you.

For whom the tag beeps
For whom the tag beeps

Finding the ring of confidence in city's great beep test
Finding the ring of confidence in city's great beep test

280: Beeps, shift swapping, the myth of genius and more
Watch your writing process in instant replay. Does your email address age you? Living in a world of beeps. The perception of genius. Why creativity ...

Tony Fadell on How Nest Protect Aims to Rid the World of the Dreaded Smoke-Detector Beep
Nest Labs’ next product, which it is unveiling today, is indeed a smoke- and carbon-monoxide detector called Protect, as AllThingsD had reported ...