Who's who of the ecosystem?

Raku is the product of collaboration by many people. Some of these are
well known, but there are many parts of the ecosystem whose mavens are
anonymous or obscure. When a problem arises, it would be nice to be
able to direct them to someone knowledgeable, rather than essentially
yelling them in public and hoping someone responds to the noise.

Do we have any kind of resource, (web page or whatever), indicating
who might be authoritative on a particular issue? Some names are
fairly well-known, (and may wish they weren't), but topics like the
internals of zef are hard to link to a person or group.
0
1parrota
11/6/2019 2:48:59 PM
perl.perl6.users 1233 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--Apple-Mail=_AA8C2A66-4162-4226-86BF-2EAFE3DF95D1

For general language problems there is special repo on github where one =
can raise a matter: https://github.com/perl6/problem-solving =
<https://github.com/perl6/problem-solving>. Note though it's not a =
bug-reporting resource, but more information about it's purpose can be =
found in repo's README.

Obviously, rakudo compiler issues goes into =
https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/ <https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/>. =
This would be the best place to open a ticket when one doesn't know =
where exactly the problem belongs to. Some tickets serve as a ground for =
new tickets in other repos, where they actually belong.

Now, as you specifically mention zef and the question has seemingly =
arisen as a part of R* discussion, it should be noted that zef is a =
personal project of Nick Logan and can be found at =
https://github.com/ugexe/zef <https://github.com/ugexe/zef>.

Respectively, for any other module from the ecosystem it's repo could be =
located. I usually just google for it, but also =
https://github.com/perl6/ecosystem <https://github.com/perl6/ecosystem> =
could serve as a source of information.

Best regards,
Vadim Belman

> On Nov 6, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Parrot Raiser <1parrota@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Raku is the product of collaboration by many people. Some of these are
> well known, but there are many parts of the ecosystem whose mavens are
> anonymous or obscure. When a problem arises, it would be nice to be
> able to direct them to someone knowledgeable, rather than essentially
> yelling them in public and hoping someone responds to the noise.
>=20
> Do we have any kind of resource, (web page or whatever), indicating
> who might be authoritative on a particular issue? Some names are
> fairly well-known, (and may wish they weren't), but topics like the
> internals of zef are hard to link to a person or group.
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_AA8C2A66-4162-4226-86BF-2EAFE3DF95D1

charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">For =
general language problems there is special repo on github where one can =
raise a matter:&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://github.com/perl6/problem-solving" =
class=3D"">https://github.com/perl6/problem-solving</a>. Note though =
it's not a bug-reporting resource, but more information about it's =
purpose can be found in repo's README.<div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Obviously, rakudo compiler issues goes =
into&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/" =
class=3D"">https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/</a>. This would be the best =
place to open a ticket when one doesn't know where exactly the problem =
belongs to. Some tickets serve as a ground for new tickets in other =
repos, where they actually belong.</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Now, as you specifically mention zef =
and the question has seemingly arisen as a part of R* discussion, it =
should be noted that zef is a personal project of Nick Logan and can be =
found at&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://github.com/ugexe/zef" =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Respectively, for any other module from =
the ecosystem it's repo could be located. I usually just google for it, =
but also&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://github.com/perl6/ecosystem" =
class=3D"">https://github.com/perl6/ecosystem</a>&nbsp;could serve as a =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">

class=3D"">On Nov 6, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Parrot Raiser &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:1parrota@gmail.com" class=3D"">1parrota@gmail.com</a>&gt; =
class=3D"">Raku is the product of collaboration by many people. Some of =
these are<br class=3D"">well known, but there are many parts of the =
ecosystem whose mavens are<br class=3D"">anonymous or obscure. When a =
problem arises, it would be nice to be<br class=3D"">able to direct them =
to someone knowledgeable, rather than essentially<br class=3D"">yelling =
them in public and hoping someone responds to the noise.<br class=3D""><br=
 class=3D"">Do we have any kind of resource, (web page or whatever), =
indicating<br class=3D"">who might be authoritative on a particular =
issue? Some names are<br class=3D"">fairly well-known, (and may wish =
they weren't), but topics like the<br class=3D"">internals of zef are =
hard to link to a person or group.<br class=3D""><br =

--Apple-Mail=_AA8C2A66-4162-4226-86BF-2EAFE3DF95D1--
0
vrurg