websearches on "perl6"

Would anyone happen to know if there's a duckduckgo trick to get just
perl6 links and not perl5?

If you just append "perl6" it'll be mostly perl6 info in the top ten,
but there tends to be at least some perl5 intermixed in it.
0
doomvox
10/7/2018 4:31:27 PM
perl.perl6.users 1087 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> On 7 Oct 2018, at 18:31, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would anyone happen to know if there's a duckduckgo trick to get just
> perl6 links and not perl5?
>=20
> If you just append "perl6" it'll be mostly perl6 info in the top ten,
> but there tends to be at least some perl5 intermixed in it.

Have you tried adding =E2=80=9CPerl 6=E2=80=9D ?

Also, do you have some examples of searches that produce Perl 5 results =
when you want to have Perl 6 results?

Liz=
0
liz
10/7/2018 6:06:59 PM
On 10/7/18 11:06 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>> On 7 Oct 2018, at 18:31, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would anyone happen to know if there's a duckduckgo trick to get just
>> perl6 links and not perl5?
>>
>> If you just append "perl6" it'll be mostly perl6 info in the top ten,
>> but there tends to be at least some perl5 intermixed in it.
>=20
> Have you tried adding =E2=80=9CPerl 6=E2=80=9D ?
>=20
> Also, do you have some examples of searches that produce Perl 5 results=
 when you want to have Perl 6 results?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Liz
>=20

Hi Liz,

I find "perl6" works better, but I still seldom get
anything other than perl 5.  So, I go to the documentation
a lot.  And the documentation is not written for beginners
or common users.  So I have to ask a lot.

I lost your link on your articles, would you mind resending it?

-T
0
perl6
10/7/2018 11:50:24 PM
https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html

<perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:
>=20
> On 10/7/18 11:06 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>>> On 7 Oct 2018, at 18:31, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Would anyone happen to know if there's a duckduckgo trick to get =
just
>>> perl6 links and not perl5?
>>>=20
>>> If you just append "perl6" it'll be mostly perl6 info in the top =
ten,
>>> but there tends to be at least some perl5 intermixed in it.
>> Have you tried adding =E2=80=9CPerl 6=E2=80=9D ?
>> Also, do you have some examples of searches that produce Perl 5 =
results when you want to have Perl 6 results?
>> Liz
>=20
> Hi Liz,
>=20
> I find "perl6" works better, but I still seldom get
> anything other than perl 5.  So, I go to the documentation
> a lot.  And the documentation is not written for beginners
> or common users.  So I have to ask a lot.
>=20
> I lost your link on your articles, would you mind resending it?
>=20
> -T
0
liz
10/8/2018 8:49:54 AM
On 10/8/18 1:49 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html

:-)
0
perl6
10/8/2018 11:09:41 AM
On 10/8/18 1:49 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html

Actually, I was looking for the article you wrote
about Perl 6 signatures.  And I was looking to see
what else you had written (as articles).
0
perl6
10/8/2018 11:16:41 AM
On 10/8/18 4:16 AM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> On 10/8/18 1:49 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html
>=20
> Actually, I was looking for the article you wrote
> about Perl 6 signatures.=C2=A0 And I was looking to see
> what else you had written (as articles).

$ p6 'my $x=3D"a\nb\nc\nd"; for split( "\n", $x ) -> $Line { say $Line };=
'
perl6
10/8/2018 11:19:42 AM
Both are mentioned in that email.

<perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:
>=20
> On 10/8/18 1:49 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html
>=20
> Actually, I was looking for the article you wrote
> about Perl 6 signatures.  And I was looking to see
> what else you had written (as articles).
0
liz
10/8/2018 11:20:16 AM
On 10/8/18 4:19 AM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> On 10/8/18 4:16 AM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
>> On 10/8/18 1:49 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>>> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html=

>> Actually, I was looking for the article you wrote
>> about Perl 6 signatures.=C2=A0 And I was looking to see
>> what else you had written (as articles).
>=20
> $ p6 'my $x=3D"a\nb\nc\nd"; for split( "\n", $x ) -> $Line { say $Line =
};'

Me butterfingers.  :'(
0
perl6
10/8/2018 11:20:57 AM
On 10/8/18 4:20 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
> Both are mentioned in that email.
>
>> On 8 Oct 2018, at 13:16, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/8/18 1:49 AM, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>>> https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2018/10/msg5957.html
>>
>> Actually, I was looking for the article you wrote
>> about Perl 6 signatures.  And I was looking to see
>> what else you had written (as articles).

Found it!

https://opensource.com/users/lizmat
0
perl6
10/8/2018 11:23:19 AM
Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz@dijkmat.nl> wrote:
>> Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Would anyone happen to know if there's a duckduckgo trick to get just
>> perl6 links and not perl5?
>>
>> If you just append "perl6" it'll be mostly perl6 info in the top ten,
>> but there tends to be at least some perl5 intermixed in it.
>
> Have you tried adding =E2=80=9CPerl 6=E2=80=9D ?
>
> Also, do you have some examples of searches that produce Perl 5 results w=
hen
> you want to have Perl 6 results?

Using duckduckgo.com, searching on "threads <p6hint>",
I get 50% p6 using "perl6" and 60% using "Perl 6": so yes, for
this one test case there's a slight improvement with "Perl 6".

(Note: with stackoverflow links there's frequently no
visible hint whether they're talking about perl 5 or 6.
You have to follow the link and start reading.)

What I was actually looking for though was something like a
duckduckgo "bang" for perl6 (e.g. "!perl6").
Using "!perl6" doesn't really work it just yields 50%.

I did turn up a page to request a new bang tag... if anyone else
is so inspired, you might submit a suggestion as well:

  https://duckduckgo.com/newbang

Oddly enough, this form of search gets you entirely perl6 hits,
but I have no facility with using this:

  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=3D{{{perl6}}}

Detailed results, if you're interested:

Search: threads perl6