Stack Exchange

Hi All,

I have posted a few times to Stack Exchange.  There is a
lot of intellectual property over there.  This I do like.

What I do not like, is that it is hard to carry on a
conversation do their their comments being so short
and lacking in formatting.  They expect you to add
extra comments under your original porting which
totally ruins the flow of the converstation.

And, worse, the feel it is appropriate to actually
go into your posts and edit your content.  The
called it correcting your grammar.   This is offensive.

Is there another forum out there like Stack exchange without these
negative issues?

Many thanks,
-T
0
perl6
12/22/2019 10:51:52 PM
perl.perl6.users 1423 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--Sig_/oqVk19BJz8X2j8.WhnkTrM+

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 14:51:52 -0800
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>=20
> I have posted a few times to Stack Exchange.  There is a
> lot of intellectual property over there.  This I do like.
>=20
> What I do not like, is that it is hard to carry on a
> conversation do their their comments being so short
> and lacking in formatting.  They expect you to add
> extra comments under your original porting which
> totally ruins the flow of the converstation.

StackOverflow is a Q&A-style website, that's their intended flow. If
you want more of a conversation-style help, this mailing list is a much
better option to go towards.

> And, worse, the feel it is appropriate to actually
> go into your posts and edit your content.  The
> called it correcting your grammar.   This is offensive.

What you find offensive isn't set in stone for others. There's also a
lot of value in ensuring everything is constructed in a similar way.
This enables people to not have to learn each person's style and
grammar choices all over whenever they are looking for an answer to a
problem of theirs.

> Is there another forum out there like Stack exchange without these=20
> negative issues?

They may be a negative to you personally because you dislike being
corrected on grammar, but they're not "negative issues" for the
community at large. However, this very ML seems to be the kind of thing
you're looking for, no?

> Many thanks,
> -T

--=20
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.spek@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://gitlab.com/tyil/

--Sig_/oqVk19BJz8X2j8.WhnkTrM+

--Sig_/oqVk19BJz8X2j8.WhnkTrM+--
0
perl6
12/23/2019 8:34:38 AM
On 2019-12-23 00:34, Patrick Spek via perl6-users wrote:
> They may be a negative to you personally because you dislike being
> corrected on grammar, but they're not "negative issues" for the
> community at large.

Don't get me wrong, it is not correcting my grammar
that I find offensive -- that I appreciate as my grammar
is terrible -- it is not asking me first that I find
offensive.

It is my name associated with the writing, not theirs.
I am the one held accountable for what the reader sees,
not them.  I presume somewhere in their sign up
agreement, I gave them permission.  And, I would hazard
they are skating on the illegal side of things modify
without asking, agreement or no agreement.

> However, this very ML seems to be the kind of thing
> you're looking for, no?

Oh I do adore this group.  I ALWAYS come here first.
Though ~5% of the time I do have to go elsewhere.

I will check out Reddit, Hacker News and Quora, which
where suggested to me offline.

Thank you for the words of wisdom.

-T
0
perl6
12/24/2019 12:01:13 AM
On 2019-12-23 16:01, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> it=C2=A0is=C2=A0not=C2=A0correcting=C2=A0my=C2=A0grammar
> that=C2=A0I=C2=A0find=C2=A0offensive

And it is not just your grammar.  One of
the censors took out "Many thanks -T".  Now
that is just being frivolous.
0
perl6
12/24/2019 12:20:07 AM
--00000000000021f459059a6e8bf2

Sorry, I have noticed that I clicked "Answer" button instead of "Answer
All" button and my email was only sent to ToddAndMargo. I am writing a copy
of my email below:

> The issues you mentioned is actually called community moderation and is
one of the most useful features of SO. It is the secret of clean, precise
and pointed posts and answers. And this provides higher ranking in the
search engine indices.

> I can recommend you to look at Reddit, Hacker News and Quora as
alternatives.

ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 03:20
tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:

> On 2019-12-23 16:01, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> > it is not correcting my grammar
> > that I find offensive
>

> And it is not just your grammar.  One of
> the censors took out "Many thanks -T".  Now
> that is just being frivolous.

--=20
https://ismailarilik.com

--00000000000021f459059a6e8bf2

tton instead of &quot;Answer All&quot; button and my email was only sent to=
iv dir=3D"auto">&gt; The issues you mentioned is actually called community =
moderation and is one of the most useful features of SO. It is the secret o=
f clean, precise and pointed posts and answers. And this provides higher ra=
ote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">ToddAndMargo via perl6-users &lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:perl6-users@perl.org">perl6-users@perl.org</a>&gt;, 24 A=
ra 2019 Sal, 03:20 tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:<br></div><blockquote cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid =
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 2019-12-23 16:01, ToddAndMargo via pe=
rl6-users wrote:<br>
&gt; it=C2=A0is=C2=A0not=C2=A0correcting=C2=A0my=C2=A0grammar<br>
&gt; that=C2=A0I=C2=A0find=C2=A0offensive<br>
And it is not just your grammar.=C2=A0 One of<br>
the censors took out &quot;Many thanks -T&quot;.=C2=A0 Now<br>
that is just being frivolous.<br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"https://ismailarilik=

--00000000000021f459059a6e8bf2--
0
arilik
12/24/2019 8:00:44 AM
--000000000000bdb240059a70c20f

Hi Shlomi, it is not an issue now. =3D)

Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 13:29 tarihinde =C5=
=9Funu
yazd=C4=B1:

> Hi Ismail!
>
> When trying to access your homepage in your signature:
> https://ismailarilik.com/ I got this 404:
>
> =C2=AB
>
> 404
>
> There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.
>
> If you're trying to publish one, read the full documentation to learn how
> set up GitHub Pages for your repository, organization, or user account.
> GitHub
> Status =E2=80=94 @githubstatus
>
> =C2=BB
>
> Please restore your site.
>
> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi
>
> On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300
> =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > From: =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com>
> > To: ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@zoho.com>
> > Cc: perl6-users@perl.org
> > Subject: Re: Stack Exchange
> > Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300
> >
> > Sorry, I have noticed that I clicked "Answer" button instead of "Answer
> > All" button and my email was only sent to ToddAndMargo. I am writing a
> copy
> > of my email below:
> >
> > > The issues you mentioned is actually called community moderation and
> is
> > one of the most useful features of SO. It is the secret of clean, preci=
se
> > and pointed posts and answers. And this provides higher ranking in the
> > search engine indices.
> >
> > > I can recommend you to look at Reddit, Hacker News and Quora as
> > alternatives.
> >
> > ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal,
> 03:20
> > tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:

> > > And it is not just your grammar.  One of
> > > the censors took out "Many thanks -T".  Now
> > > that is just being frivolous.
> > >

> --
>
> Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> Optimising Code for Speed - https://shlom.in/optimise
>
> * Backward compatibility is your worst enemy.
> * Backward compatibility is your users=E2=80=99 best friend.
>     =E2=80=94 http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/osp_rules.html

..

--=20
https://ismailarilik.com

--000000000000bdb240059a70c20f

s=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">Shlomi Fish &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:shlomif@shlomifish.org">shlomif@shlomifish.org</a>&gt;, 24 A=
ra 2019 Sal, 13:29 tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:<br></div><blockquote cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid =
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Hi Ismail!<br>
When trying to access your homepage in your signature:<br>
https://ismailarilik.com/</a> I got this 404:<br>
=C2=AB<br>
404<br>
There isn&#39;t a GitHub Pages site here.<br>
If you&#39;re trying to publish one, read the full documentation to learn h=
ow to<br>
set up GitHub Pages for your repository, organization, or user account. Git=
Hub<br>
Status =E2=80=94 @githubstatus<br>
=C2=BB<br>
Please restore your site.<br>
Regards,<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Shlomi<br>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300<br>
=C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:arilik.ismail@gmail.com"=
 target=3D"_blank">arilik.ismail@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; From: =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:arilik.ismail=
@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">arilik.ismail@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; To: ToddAndMargo &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ToddAndMargo@zoho.com" target=
=3D"_blank">ToddAndMargo@zoho.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Cc: <a href=3D"mailto:perl6-users@perl.org" target=3D"_blank">perl6-us=
ers@perl.org</a><br>
&gt; Subject: Re: Stack Exchange<br>
&gt; Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Sorry, I have noticed that I clicked &quot;Answer&quot; button instead=
 of &quot;Answer<br>
&gt; All&quot; button and my email was only sent to ToddAndMargo. I am writ=
ing a copy<br>
&gt; of my email below:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; The issues you mentioned is actually called community moderation =
and is=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; one of the most useful features of SO. It is the secret of clean, prec=
ise<br>
&gt; and pointed posts and answers. And this provides higher ranking in the=
&gt; search engine indices.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; I can recommend you to look at Reddit, Hacker News and Quora as=
=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; alternatives.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ToddAndMargo via perl6-users &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:perl6-users@perl.or=
g" target=3D"_blank">perl6-users@perl.org</a>&gt;, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 03:20<b=
r>
&gt; tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; On 2019-12-23 16:01, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:=C2=A0 <b=
r>
&gt; &gt; &gt; it is not correcting my grammar<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; that I find offensive=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; And it is not just your grammar.=C2=A0 One of<br>
&gt; &gt; the censors took out &quot;Many thanks -T&quot;.=C2=A0 Now<br>
&gt; &gt; that is just being frivolous.<br>
&gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
-- <br>
Shlomi Fish=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.shlomifish.org=
/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.shlomifish.org/</a><br>
Optimising Code for Speed - <a href=3D"https://shlom.in/optimise" rel=3D"no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">https://shlom.in/optimise</a><br>
* Backward compatibility is your worst enemy.<br>
* Backward compatibility is your users=E2=80=99 best friend.<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =E2=80=94 <a href=3D"http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortune=
s/osp_rules.html" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.shlomifis=
h.org/humour/fortunes/osp_rules.html</a><br>
lom.in/reply" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://shlom.in/reply</a=
> .<br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"https://ismailarilik=

--000000000000bdb240059a70c20f--
0
arilik
12/24/2019 10:39:26 AM
On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 13:39:26 +0300
=C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shlomi, it is not an issue now. =3D)
>=20

Thanks for the quick fix! Happy holidays.

> Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 13:29 tarihinde =
=C5=9Funu
> yazd=C4=B1:
>=20
> > Hi Ismail!
> >
> > When trying to access your homepage in your signature:
> > https://ismailarilik.com/ I got this 404:
> >
> > =C2=AB
> >
> > 404
> >
> > There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.
> >
> > If you're trying to publish one, read the full documentation to learn h=
ow
> > set up GitHub Pages for your repository, organization, or user account.
> > GitHub
> > Status =E2=80=94 @githubstatus
> >
> > =C2=BB
> >
> > Please restore your site.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >         Shlomi
> >
> > On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300
> > =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:
> > =20
> > > From: =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com>
> > > To: ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@zoho.com>
> > > Cc: perl6-users@perl.org
> > > Subject: Re: Stack Exchange
> > > Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300
> > >
> > > Sorry, I have noticed that I clicked "Answer" button instead of "Answ=
er
> > > All" button and my email was only sent to ToddAndMargo. I am writing =
a =20
> > copy =20
> > > of my email below:
> > > =20
> > is =20
> > > one of the most useful features of SO. It is the secret of clean, pre=
cise
> > > and pointed posts and answers. And this provides higher ranking in the
> > > search engine indices.
> > > =20
> > > alternatives.
> > >
> > > ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal,=
 =20
> > 03:20 =20
> > > tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:
> > > =20

> > > =20
> >

> > --
> >
> > Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> > Optimising Code for Speed - https://shlom.in/optimise
> >
> > * Backward compatibility is your worst enemy.
> > * Backward compatibility is your users=E2=80=99 best friend.
> >     =E2=80=94 http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/osp_rules.html

y .
> > =20
>=20
>=20

--=20

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
My Aphorisms - https://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html

I before E, except after C. We live in a weird society.
    =E2=80=94 Source unknown, via Nadav Har=E2=80=99El.

shlomif
12/24/2019 11:25:08 AM
On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 14:33:28 +0300
=C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks but Christmas is not a holiday for us. =3D)
>=20

Hi Ismail! You can try making "reply to all" the default.

Anyway, we don't celebrate Christmas but we celebrate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah (being Jewish and all).

BTW, regarding this gh repo of yours -
https://github.com/it-is-enough/what-is-good-software - you may be interest=
ed
in these essays i wrote:

* https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/rev=
2/

*
https://github.com/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage/blob/master/lib/notes/quali=
ty-software--followup-2018.md

Regards,

	Shlomi

> Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 14:25 tarihinde =
=C5=9Funu
> yazd=C4=B1:
>=20
> > On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 13:39:26 +0300
> > =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:
> > =20
> > > Hi Shlomi, it is not an issue now. =3D)
> > > =20
> >
> > Thanks for the quick fix! Happy holidays.
> > =20
> > > Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 13:29 tarihind=
e =20
> > =C5=9Funu =20
> > > yazd=C4=B1:
> > > =20

> > how =20

> > "Answer =20
> > a =20
> > and =20
> > precise =20
> > the =20

> > Sal, =20

> > http://shlom.in/reply . =20
> > >
> > > =20
> >

> > --
> >
> > Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> > My Aphorisms - https://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html
> >
> > I before E, except after C. We live in a weird society.
> >     =E2=80=94 Source unknown, via Nadav Har=E2=80=99El.

y .
> > =20
>=20
>=20

--=20

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
List of Graphics Apps - https://shlom.in/graphics

Chuck Norris killed the fat lady before she could sing.
    =E2=80=94 http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/

shlomif
12/24/2019 12:01:39 PM
--0000000000000c1b55059a723c53

I intentionally sent previous email to you because I thought it is
unrelated with the original post and didn't want to bother other guys.

I am looking your essays, thanks a lot.

Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 15:01 tarihinde =C5=
=9Funu
yazd=C4=B1:

> On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 14:33:28 +0300
> =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks but Christmas is not a holiday for us. =3D)
> >

> Hi Ismail! You can try making "reply to all" the default.
>
> Anyway, we don't celebrate Christmas but we celebrate
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah (being Jewish and all).
>
> BTW, regarding this gh repo of yours -
> https://github.com/it-is-enough/what-is-good-software - you may be
> interested
> in these essays i wrote:
>
> *
> https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/rev=
2/

> *
>
> https://github.com/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage/blob/master/lib/notes/qua=
lity-software--followup-2018.md

> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi
>
> > Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 14:25 tarihinde
> =C5=9Funu
> > yazd=C4=B1:

> > > Thanks for the quick fix! Happy holidays.

> tarihinde
> > > =C5=9Funu

> learn
> > > how
> account.

> > > "Answer
> writing

> moderation
> > > and
> clean,
> > > precise
> in
> > > the

> as

> 2019
> > > Sal,

> > > http://shlom.in/reply .
> > > > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> > > My Aphorisms - https://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html
> > >
> > > I before E, except after C. We live in a weird society.
> > >     =E2=80=94 Source unknown, via Nadav Har=E2=80=99El.

> http://shlom.in/reply .
> > >

> --
>
> Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> List of Graphics Apps - https://shlom.in/graphics
>
> Chuck Norris killed the fat lady before she could sing.
>     =E2=80=94 http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/

..

--=20
https://ismailarilik.com

--0000000000000c1b55059a723c53

ht it is unrelated with the original post and didn&#39;t want to bother oth=
lomi Fish &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shlomif@shlomifish.org">shlomif@shlomifish.=
org</a>&gt;, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 15:01 tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:<br></di=
v><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;borde=
r-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 14:=
33:28 +0300<br>
=C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:arilik.ismail@gmail.com"=
 target=3D"_blank">arilik.ismail@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Thanks but Christmas is not a holiday for us. =3D)<br>
&gt; <br>
Hi Ismail! You can try making &quot;reply to all&quot; the default.<br>
Anyway, we don&#39;t celebrate Christmas but we celebrate<br>
t=3D"_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah</a> (being Jewish and a=
ll).<br>
BTW, regarding this gh repo of yours -<br>
referrer" target=3D"_blank">https://github.com/it-is-enough/what-is-good-so=
ftware</a> - you may be interested<br>
in these essays i wrote:<br>
* <a href=3D"https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-s=
oftware/rev2/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.shlomifish.=
org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/rev2/</a><br>
*<br>
notes/quality-software--followup-2018.md" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bla=
nk">https://github.com/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage/blob/master/lib/notes/q=
uality-software--followup-2018.md</a><br>
Regards,<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Shlomi<br>
&gt; Shlomi Fish &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shlomif@shlomifish.org" target=3D"_b=
lank">shlomif@shlomifish.org</a>&gt;, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 14:25 tarihinde =C5=
=9Funu<br>
&gt; yazd=C4=B1:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 13:39:26 +0300<br>
&gt; &gt; =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:arilik.ismail@=
gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">arilik.ismail@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Hi Shlomi, it is not an issue now. =3D)<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Thanks for the quick fix! Happy holidays.<br>
&gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Shlomi Fish &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shlomif@shlomifish.org" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">shlomif@shlomifish.org</a>&gt;, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 13:29 tari=
hinde=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; =C5=9Funu=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; yazd=C4=B1:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Hi Ismail!<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; When trying to access your homepage in your signature:<=
br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; <a href=3D"https://ismailarilik.com/" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">https://ismailarilik.com/</a> I got this 404:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; =C2=AB<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; 404<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; There isn&#39;t a GitHub Pages site here.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; If you&#39;re trying to publish one, read the full docu=
mentation to learn=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; how=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; set up GitHub Pages for your repository, organization, =
or user account.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; GitHub<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Status =E2=80=94 @githubstatus<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; =C2=BB<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Please restore your site.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Regards,<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Shlomi<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aril=
ik.ismail@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">arilik.ismail@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrot=
e:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; From: =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:arilik.ismail@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">arilik.ismail@gmail.com</=
a>&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: ToddAndMargo &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ToddAndMarg=
o@zoho.com" target=3D"_blank">ToddAndMargo@zoho.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Cc: <a href=3D"mailto:perl6-users@perl.org" target=
=3D"_blank">perl6-users@perl.org</a><br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: Stack Exchange<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 11:00:44 +0300<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sorry, I have noticed that I clicked &quot;Answer&=
quot; button instead of=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &quot;Answer=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; All&quot; button and my email was only sent to Tod=
dAndMargo. I am writing=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; a=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; copy=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; of my email below:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; The issues you mentioned is actually called c=
ommunity moderation=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; and=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; is=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; one of the most useful features of SO. It is the s=
ecret of clean,=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; precise=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; and pointed posts and answers. And this provides h=
igher ranking in=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; the=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; search engine indices.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I can recommend you to look at Reddit, Hacker=
 News and Quora as=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; alternatives.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; ToddAndMargo via perl6-users &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:perl6-users@perl.org" target=3D"_blank">perl6-users@perl.org</a>&gt;, 24 A=
ra 2019=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; Sal,=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; 03:20=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; tarihinde =C5=9Funu yazd=C4=B1:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; On 2019-12-23 16:01, ToddAndMargo via perl6-u=
sers wrote:=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; it is not correcting my grammar<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; that I find offensive=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; And it is not just your grammar.=C2=A0 One of=
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; the censors took out &quot;Many thanks -T&quo=
t;.=C2=A0 Now<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; that is just being frivolous.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; --<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Shlomi Fish=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0<a href=3D"https:=
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Optimising Code for Speed - <a href=3D"https://shlom.in=
/optimise" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://shlom.in/optimise</=
a><br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; * Backward compatibility is your worst enemy.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; * Backward compatibility is your users=E2=80=99 best fr=
iend.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=E2=80=94 <a href=3D"http://www.shlo=
mifish.org/humour/fortunes/osp_rules.html" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/osp_rules.html</a><br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Please reply to list if it&#39;s a mailing list post -=
=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; <a href=3D"http://shlom.in/reply" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_b=
lank">http://shlom.in/reply</a> .=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; --<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Shlomi Fish=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.shlo=
mifish.org/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.shlomifish.or=
g/</a><br>
&gt; &gt; My Aphorisms - <a href=3D"https://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html"=
 rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.shlomifish.org/humour.htm=
l</a><br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I before E, except after C. We live in a weird society.<br>
&gt; &gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=E2=80=94 Source unknown, via Nadav Har=E2=80=
=99El.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Please reply to list if it&#39;s a mailing list post - <a href=3D=
"http://shlom.in/reply" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://shlom.i=
n/reply</a> .<br>
&gt; &gt;=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
-- <br>
Shlomi Fish=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.shlomifish.org=
/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.shlomifish.org/</a><br>
List of Graphics Apps - <a href=3D"https://shlom.in/graphics" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer" target=3D"_blank">https://shlom.in/graphics</a><br>
Chuck Norris killed the fat lady before she could sing.<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =E2=80=94 <a href=3D"http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/fa=
cts/Chuck-Norris/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.shlomifi=
sh.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/</a><br>
lom.in/reply" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://shlom.in/reply</a=
> .<br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"https://ismailarilik=

--0000000000000c1b55059a723c53--
0
arilik

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 15:24:56 +0300
=C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:

> I intentionally sent previous email to you because I thought it is
> unrelated with the original post and didn't want to bother other guys.

I see. In that case the sensible thing to do is to write "[sent in private]=
" so
I'll know it is intentional see:

https://www.shlomifish.org/meta/FAQ/#reply_to_list

>=20
> I am looking your essays, thanks a lot.
>=20

Thanks! Feel free to let me know what you think.

> Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 15:01 tarihinde =
=C5=9Funu
> yazd=C4=B1:
>=20
> > On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 14:33:28 +0300
> > =C4=B0smail Ar=C4=B1l=C4=B1k <arilik.ismail@gmail.com> wrote:
> > =20
> > > Thanks but Christmas is not a holiday for us. =3D)
> > > =20
> >
> > Hi Ismail! You can try making "reply to all" the default.
> >
> > Anyway, we don't celebrate Christmas but we celebrate
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah (being Jewish and all).
> >
> > BTW, regarding this gh repo of yours -
> > https://github.com/it-is-enough/what-is-good-software - you may be
> > interested
> > in these essays i wrote:
> >
> > *
> > https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/r=
ev2/

> > *
> >
> > https://github.com/shlomif/shlomi-fish-homepage/blob/master/lib/notes/q=
uality-software--followup-2018.md

> > Regards,
> >
> >         Shlomi
> > =20
> > > Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org>, 24 Ara 2019 Sal, 14:25 tarihind=
e =20
> > =C5=9Funu =20
> > > yazd=C4=B1:
> > > =20

> > tarihinde =20

> > learn =20
> > account. =20

> > writing =20
> > moderation =20
> > clean, =20
> > in =20
> > as =20

> > 2019 =20

> > http://shlom.in/reply . =20
> > >
> > > =20
> >

> > --
> >
> > Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
> > List of Graphics Apps - https://shlom.in/graphics
> >
> > Chuck Norris killed the fat lady before she could sing.
> >     =E2=80=94 http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/

y .
> > =20
>=20
>=20

--=20

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
http://shlomifishswiki.branchable.com/Self-Sufficiency/

/usr/bin/perl consults Chuck Norris with how to parse Perl.
    =E2=80=94 Nadav Vinik ; http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chu=
ck-Norris/

shlomif
12/24/2019 4:54:23 PM
On 2019-12-24 08:54, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>> I intentionally sent previous email to you because I thought it is
>> unrelated with the original post and didn't want to bother other guys.

> I see. In that case the sensible thing to do is to write "[sent in private]" so
> I'll know it is intentional see:

What I see and use a lot myself, is to place on the first line:

       Off list

Then go about my letter two lines below.
0
perl6