Atom file icons of executables

I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax 
highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.

Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with 
them, ...

.... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like 
an onion.

I'm using Ubuntu.

I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites. 
I can't find where to look to change this behaviour.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.
0
rnhainsworth
10/11/2018 9:19:19 AM
perl.perl6.users 1088 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
8 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

--000000000000eed8960577f7e347
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

This will be part of the desktop manager (probably Gnome), not Atom. Check
the context menu for the icon in the file manager. I don't run Gnome so
don't know where they hide how you set it currently.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth <rnhainsworth@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax
> highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.
>
> Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with
> them, ...
>
> ... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like
> an onion.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu.
>
> I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.
> I can't find where to look to change this behaviour.
>
> Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.
>


-- 
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b@gmail.com

--000000000000eed8960577f7e347
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">This will be part of the desktop manager (probably Gnome),=
 not Atom. Check the context menu for the icon in the file manager. I don&#=
39;t run Gnome so don&#39;t know where they hide how you set it currently.<=
/div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 a=
t 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rnhainsworth@gmail.com">=
rnhainsworth@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_q=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax <br>
highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.<br>
<br>
Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with <b=
r>
them, ...<br>
<br>
.... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like <br=
>
an onion.<br>
<br>
I&#39;m using Ubuntu.<br>
<br>
I&#39;ve searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.=
 <br>
I can&#39;t find where to look to change this behaviour.<br>
<br>
Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"l=
tr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>brandon s allbery kf8nh</div><div><a href=3D=
"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">allbery.b@gmail.com</a></div=
></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000eed8960577f7e347--
0
allbery
10/11/2018 6:10:37 PM
--00000000000088f5230577fda16f
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

I don't think so. The icon is inside the panel of files available for
editing. Since atom is cross-OS it cannot rely on one desktop manager of
one OS.

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 02:10 Brandon Allbery, <allbery.b@gmail.com> wrote:

> This will be part of the desktop manager (probably Gnome), not Atom. Check
> the context menu for the icon in the file manager. I don't run Gnome so
> don't know where they hide how you set it currently.
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth <rnhainsworth@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax
>> highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.
>>
>> Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with
>> them, ...
>>
>> ... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like
>> an onion.
>>
>> I'm using Ubuntu.
>>
>> I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.
>> I can't find where to look to change this behaviour.
>>
>> Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.
>>
>
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh
> allbery.b@gmail.com
>

--00000000000088f5230577fda16f
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I don&#39;t think so. The icon is inside the panel of fil=
es available for editing. Since atom is cross-OS it cannot rely on one desk=
top manager of one OS.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr"=
>On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 02:10 Brandon Allbery, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:allbery.=
b@gmail.com">allbery.b@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">This will be part of the desktop manager (pr=
obably Gnome), not Atom. Check the context menu for the icon in the file ma=
nager. I don&#39;t run Gnome so don&#39;t know where they hide how you set =
it currently.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, =
Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rnhainswor=
th@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">rnhainsworth@gmail.com</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 =
0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I use atom to edit pe=
rl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax <br>
highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.<br>
<br>
Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with <b=
r>
them, ...<br>
<br>
.... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like <br=
>
an onion.<br>
<br>
I&#39;m using Ubuntu.<br>
<br>
I&#39;ve searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.=
 <br>
I can&#39;t find where to look to change this behaviour.<br>
<br>
Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"m_-6340437759750139428gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_si=
gnature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>brandon s allbery kf8n=
h</div><div><a href=3D"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D=
"noreferrer">allbery.b@gmail.com</a></div></div></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000088f5230577fda16f--
0
rnhainsworth
10/12/2018 1:01:31 AM
--000000000000161ead0577ffa22c
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

But there are quasi-standard APIs for accessing that information. In
particular, Javascript has access to such APIs.

And trying to do this without integrating with OS services has its own
complexities, like how you handle 'execute bit' on Windows which doesn't
have one. Which is why there are JS APIs mapping to the system versions
that handle e.g. Unix execute bit vs. Windows shell mappings.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:01 PM Richard Hainsworth <rnhainsworth@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think so. The icon is inside the panel of files available for
> editing. Since atom is cross-OS it cannot rely on one desktop manager of
> one OS.
>
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 02:10 Brandon Allbery, <allbery.b@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This will be part of the desktop manager (probably Gnome), not Atom.
>> Check the context menu for the icon in the file manager. I don't run Gnome
>> so don't know where they hide how you set it currently.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth <
>> rnhainsworth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax
>>> highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.
>>>
>>> Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with
>>> them, ...
>>>
>>> ... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like
>>> an onion.
>>>
>>> I'm using Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.
>>> I can't find where to look to change this behaviour.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> brandon s allbery kf8nh
>> allbery.b@gmail.com
>>
>

-- 
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b@gmail.com

--000000000000161ead0577ffa22c
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">But there are quasi-standard APIs for accessing that infor=
mation. In particular, Javascript has access to such APIs.<div><br></div><d=
iv>And trying to do this without integrating with OS services has its own c=
omplexities, like how you handle &#39;execute bit&#39; on Windows which doe=
sn&#39;t have one. Which is why there are JS APIs mapping to the system ver=
sions that handle e.g. Unix execute bit vs. Windows shell mappings.</div></=
div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at=
 9:01 PM Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rnhainsworth@gmail.com">r=
nhainsworth@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex=
"><div dir=3D"auto">I don&#39;t think so. The icon is inside the panel of f=
iles available for editing. Since atom is cross-OS it cannot rely on one de=
sktop manager of one OS.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"lt=
r">On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 02:10 Brandon Allbery, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:allber=
y.b@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">allbery.b@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></di=
v><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:=
1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">This will be part of the =
desktop manager (probably Gnome), not Atom. Check the context menu for the =
icon in the file manager. I don&#39;t run Gnome so don&#39;t know where the=
y hide how you set it currently.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:rnhainsworth@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">rnh=
ainsworth@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">=
I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax <br>
highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.<br>
<br>
Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with <b=
r>
them, ...<br>
<br>
.... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like <br=
>
an onion.<br>
<br>
I&#39;m using Ubuntu.<br>
<br>
I&#39;ve searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.=
 <br>
I can&#39;t find where to look to change this behaviour.<br>
<br>
Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"m_6707815896790168265m_-6340437759750139428gmail_signature" data-=
smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>b=
randon s allbery kf8nh</div><div><a href=3D"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com" rel=
=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">allbery.b@gmail.com</a></div></div></div>=
</div></div>
</blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"l=
tr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>brandon s allbery kf8nh</div><div><a href=3D=
"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">allbery.b@gmail.com</a></div=
></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000161ead0577ffa22c--
0
allbery
10/12/2018 3:24:52 AM
--000000000000413b9305781faab0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Can you please tell me what Perl / Perl 6 plugins are enabled in your Atom
environment (i.e. ~/.atom/packages)? I previously had some problems when
debugging my Atom plugins while language-perl was enabled. It has a
built-in perl6 grammar which conflicts with our language-perl6 atom plugin.

Regards,
Ahmad

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 6:25 AM Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com> wrote:

> But there are quasi-standard APIs for accessing that information. In
> particular, Javascript has access to such APIs.
>
> And trying to do this without integrating with OS services has its own
> complexities, like how you handle 'execute bit' on Windows which doesn't
> have one. Which is why there are JS APIs mapping to the system versions
> that handle e.g. Unix execute bit vs. Windows shell mappings.
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:01 PM Richard Hainsworth <rnhainsworth@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't think so. The icon is inside the panel of files available for
>> editing. Since atom is cross-OS it cannot rely on one desktop manager of
>> one OS.
>>
>> On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 02:10 Brandon Allbery, <allbery.b@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This will be part of the desktop manager (probably Gnome), not Atom.
>>> Check the context menu for the icon in the file manager. I don't run Gnome
>>> so don't know where they hide how you set it currently.
>>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth <
>>> rnhainsworth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax
>>>> highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.
>>>>
>>>> Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated
>>>> with
>>>> them, ...
>>>>
>>>> ... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like
>>>> an onion.
>>>>
>>>> I'm using Ubuntu.
>>>>
>>>> I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.
>>>> I can't find where to look to change this behaviour.
>>>>
>>>> Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> brandon s allbery kf8nh
>>> allbery.b@gmail.com
>>>
>>
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh
> allbery.b@gmail.com
>

--000000000000413b9305781faab0
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div></div><div>Can you please tell me what Perl / Perl 6 =
plugins are enabled in your Atom environment (i.e.=20
~/.atom/packages)? I previously had some problems when debugging my Atom pl=
ugins while language-perl was enabled. It has a built-in perl6 grammar whic=
h conflicts with our language-perl6 atom plugin.</div><div><br></div><div>R=
egards,</div><div>Ahmad</div><div></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote=
"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 6:25 AM Brandon Allbery &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com">allbery.b@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></=
div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-lef=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">But there are quasi-sta=
ndard APIs for accessing that information. In particular, Javascript has ac=
cess to such APIs.<div><br></div><div>And trying to do this without integra=
ting with OS services has its own complexities, like how you handle &#39;ex=
ecute bit&#39; on Windows which doesn&#39;t have one. Which is why there ar=
e JS APIs mapping to the system versions that handle e.g. Unix execute bit =
vs. Windows shell mappings.</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div =
dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:01 PM Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:rnhainsworth@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">rnhainsworth@gmail.com=
</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:=
0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">I=
 don&#39;t think so. The icon is inside the panel of files available for ed=
iting. Since atom is cross-OS it cannot rely on one desktop manager of one =
OS.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Fri, 12 Oct 201=
8, 02:10 Brandon Allbery, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com" target=
=3D"_blank">allbery.b@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">This will be part of the desktop manager (pr=
obably Gnome), not Atom. Check the context menu for the icon in the file ma=
nager. I don&#39;t run Gnome so don&#39;t know where they hide how you set =
it currently.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, =
Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rnhainswor=
th@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">rnhainsworth@gmail.com</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 =
0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I use atom to edit pe=
rl6 scripts because of the nice perl6 syntax <br>
highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.<br>
<br>
Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea icon associated with <b=
r>
them, ...<br>
<br>
.... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes to something like <br=
>
an onion.<br>
<br>
I&#39;m using Ubuntu.<br>
<br>
I&#39;ve searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and tried the Atom sites.=
 <br>
I can&#39;t find where to look to change this behaviour.<br>
<br>
Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"m_-5327348420548690464m_6707815896790168265m_-6340437759750139428=
gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><=
div dir=3D"ltr"><div>brandon s allbery kf8nh</div><div><a href=3D"mailto:al=
lbery.b@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">allbery.b@gmail.com=
</a></div></div></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"m_-5327348420548690464gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_si=
gnature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>brandon s allbery kf8n=
h</div><div><a href=3D"mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">allber=
y.b@gmail.com</a></div></div></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000413b9305781faab0--
0
ahmad
10/13/2018 5:37:21 PM
--------------C80EE99DED0ED58A1E7D6F05
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

FYI - using atom to work with perl6

The problem described was a bug in the file-icon package of atom. The 
regex for assigning an icon to perl was too loose and so perl6 files, in 
some circumstances, were being associated with the perl5 icon.


On 14/10/18 01:37, Ahmad Zawawi wrote:
> Can you please tell me what Perl / Perl 6 plugins are enabled in your 
> Atom environment (i.e. ~/.atom/packages)? I previously had some 
> problems when debugging my Atom plugins while language-perl was 
> enabled. It has a built-in perl6 grammar which conflicts with our 
> language-perl6 atom plugin.
>
> Regards,
> Ahmad
>
<snip>
>
>             On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM Richard Hainsworth
>             <rnhainsworth@gmail.com <mailto:rnhainsworth@gmail.com>>
>             wrote:
>
>                 I use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice
>                 perl6 syntax
>                 highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this group.
>
>                 Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice camilea
>                 icon associated with
>                 them, ...
>
>                 ... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon changes
>                 to something like
>                 an onion.
>
>                 I'm using Ubuntu.
>
>                 I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and
>                 tried the Atom sites.
>                 I can't find where to look to change this behaviour.
>
>                 Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.
>
>


--------------C80EE99DED0ED58A1E7D6F05
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>FYI - using atom to work with perl6<br>
    </p>
    <p>The problem described was a bug in the file-icon package of atom.
      The regex for assigning an icon to perl was too loose and so perl6
      files, in some circumstances, were being associated with the perl5
      icon. <br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 14/10/18 01:37, Ahmad Zawawi wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CA+AMPxHhovwy6SboVTd4-roAKOs7Krpj1mYKU+9W9-7c2e_YxA@mail.gmail.com">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>Can you please tell me what Perl / Perl 6 plugins are
          enabled in your Atom environment (i.e. ~/.atom/packages)? I
          previously had some problems when debugging my Atom plugins
          while language-perl was enabled. It has a built-in perl6
          grammar which conflicts with our language-perl6 atom plugin.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Regards,</div>
        <div>Ahmad</div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    &lt;snip&gt;<br>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CA+AMPxHhovwy6SboVTd4-roAKOs7Krpj1mYKU+9W9-7c2e_YxA@mail.gmail.com">
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div class="gmail_quote">
            <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
              .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
              <div class="gmail_quote">
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                  .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="ltr">On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:20 AM
                      Richard Hainsworth &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:rnhainsworth@gmail.com"
                        rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">rnhainsworth@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                      .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I
                      use atom to edit perl6 scripts because of the nice
                      perl6 syntax <br>
                      highlighting. Also I came across Atom from this
                      group.<br>
                      <br>
                      Although files with .p6 or .pm6 have a nice
                      camilea icon associated with <br>
                      them, ...<br>
                      <br>
                      ... if I give a p6 file an exec bit, the icon
                      changes to something like <br>
                      an onion.<br>
                      <br>
                      I'm using Ubuntu.<br>
                      <br>
                      I've searched on Google, tried StackOverflow, and
                      tried the Atom sites. <br>
                      I can't find where to look to change this
                      behaviour.<br>
                      <br>
                      Sorry for the slightly off-topic question.<br>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------C80EE99DED0ED58A1E7D6F05--
0
rnhainsworth
10/18/2018 7:46:34 AM
Reply: