<ctrl>j ?

Hi All,

I am going to possibly be writing binary code to my terminal.
This can really screw up your terminal.  THe solution is
to enter

      sane^j

on your keyboard.  The ^ above is holding down your <ctrl> key.

I would like to be able to send that code at the end of the binary
print, just in case.  How do I do I send a `^j` ?

Many thanks,
-T

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having been erased,

On 10/7/18 1:25 AM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> Hi All,
>=20
> I am going to possibly be writing binary code to my terminal.
> This can really screw up your terminal.=C2=A0 THe solution is
> to enter
>=20
>  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 sane^j
>=20
> on your keyboard.=C2=A0 The ^ above is holding down your <ctrl> key.
>=20
> I would like to be able to send that code at the end of the binary
> print, just in case.=C2=A0 How do I do I send a `^j` ?
>=20
>=20
> Many thanks,
> -T
>=20

Linux

Tim0 helped me with this over on the chat line.

^j is the the same as \n.  ^j is used when your
return key has been remapped.

Timo recommended making a shell call to echo
"stty same^j".

Or calling /usr/bin/reset
0
perl6