Diagnostics?

I've been fiddling with multi-line comments and the bounding
characters. Naturally-paired characters  e.g. #`(...)  #`[...] #`{...}
all work well, but with other boundary characters like #`@....@ or
#`!....! produce odd, displaced, diagnostic messages. Reproducing them
is so easy, I'll leave it as "an exercise for the reader".

If unpaired boundary characters like these are legal, presumably
there's a problem with the parser or compiler?
If they aren't, maybe a) the docs should be more explicit, and b), the
diagnostics should say so, immediately?

perl6 -v
This is Rakudo Star version 2019.03.1 built on MoarVM version 2019.03
0
1parrota
7/8/2019 3:42:51 PM
perl.perl6.language 6830 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you think this is a bug you're always welcome to open a ticket at =
https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/issues. Even if it eventually would =
turn out to be not a bug that wouldn't hurt anybody.

In either case it would be very welcomed to always include examples =
paired with output.

Best regards,
Vadim Belman

> On Jul 8, 2019, at 11:42 AM, Parrot Raiser <1parrota@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> I've been fiddling with multi-line comments and the bounding
> characters. Naturally-paired characters  e.g. #`(...)  #`[...] #`{...}
> all work well, but with other boundary characters like #`@....@ or
> #`!....! produce odd, displaced, diagnostic messages. Reproducing them
> is so easy, I'll leave it as "an exercise for the reader".
>=20
> If unpaired boundary characters like these are legal, presumably
> there's a problem with the parser or compiler?
> If they aren't, maybe a) the docs should be more explicit, and b), the
> diagnostics should say so, immediately?
>=20
> perl6 -v
> This is Rakudo Star version 2019.03.1 built on MoarVM version 2019.03
>=20
0
vrurg